1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto aim makes Sniper cannon even greater

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by V__, 15 Feb 2018.

1. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

So no more dogging a shot vertically, no more running X pattern so the enemy will miss because he need skill to land the shot. What about now? Minimum skill, it makes the sniper cannon, the easiest weapon to shoot even easier.

I got kill across the map from 3 shots so much i couldn't count. Who askes for auto aim? Who need it anyway? Less skill is required and now it is just a battle of who has the better gear. Is this what this game is going to be?

2. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

8AF34A94-8274-492E-95E8-4416470283CE.png Dunno about you but i’m having a ball.

BITTERSTEEL and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

F2P FTW!!! Aye cap!
    Keep owning them, and add me as well. I looove mortar enfos, they cover for my pushes with the chaos they create.

My tag is #SHRNBCQR

4. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I don't think it is going to make every player into aim-boats :p but I have definitely noticed that my Speeder is getting hit more than he was before. I think the aiming buffs are going to basically be buffs to Shooters/Defenders. My Enforcer has felt much better after the update due to how great the Tesla Shield is because it doesn't matter if they hit me.

_devill and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

I find that my "sniper evasion" no longer works. This might be the last straw for yellows. I've scoured the forums for techniques with even a slight chance to avoid a long range snipe. I made my own as well. Now nothing works. Sniper cannons are nigh undodgeable, and that's me saying it. I'm in an uncomfortable situation. My entire setup got nerfed twice in the last three months. The day I switched over to my excannon, the excannon get nerfed.

We all know what I'm gonna say now. So I'll show myself out.

Ian, _devill, V__ and 1 other person like this.
  6. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    That is why u use unusual combos. Lol . I just run away hoping that the sniper player is so useless he would miss

7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I absolutely agree. I am not sure why the devs felt the need to make it easier to aim. I never once felt like the game was that hard to aim in the first place.

Now my Enforcer is feeling much better after the update because no amount of auto-aim will help you hit me while I'm Dirty Dancing. And the second that you think you've got me, I just eat that cannon with my big bubble.

_devill and Babablacksheep like this.
  8. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

i dropped from 4k to 3k2 now and there is no sign that i can get back to where i used to be, there are lots of game i died in the first 10-20 secs because of sniper shooting from across the map for 2k each. More and more updates favor shooters as well as camper, the new auto aim should be removed since there are less skill needed to play the game right now.

_devill likes this.
  9. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

That's odd. They miss me all the time. If that weren't true I'd be dead in the first 30 seconds of every match since I almost always go out scouting and draw the initial enemy fire. I don't do anything fancy other than evade in a semi-random zig-zag pattern. When I get hit is when I'm going in some reasonably predictable path or someone gets lucky... .and that's with my crappy R10 overboost.

On my shooter using a sniper I dislike the new aiming thing intensely. I find I have to override it on every shot whereas I used to be able to trust the target lock for certain kinds of shots. I sincerely wish there was a toggle both for that and for whatever the heck is causing my target circle to jump around randomly the way it does.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Lol as a carronade user, one ovement of the target circle and my killing shots goes way off and I die myself

11. TheAntiSnipe

xD I guess it's a league thing then. Snipers are deadly in my league lol, people totin' epic t4s and legs and just punching out BIG HEALTH with a single shot.

12. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "big health" but a sniper crit is going to be 1000/1700 as a rule of thumb. That's a pretty big bite in my eyes. But it doesn't change all that much in the grand scheme of things so long as I can limp out with 5hp. That's what bandages are for.

13. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Projectile speed gets faster with Fully trained bhurts,Making sniper deadly...More higher the infamy more you will get ships with high sniper projectile speed,And also better lead shots

14. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I hate to burst your bubble Cant Swim...

I think it's also very much attributable to this change:
    Prior to update, I had about a 50% chance no damage rate when shooting speeders with explosive cannon. Other guns were better, flares around 90% to do damage on hit, but even with sniper cannon there were numerous times when the shot clearly connected but the damage did not count because of server lag.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2018
  15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I’m not sure how that relates or refutes what I’ve said. It actually sounds more like support for my statements. Can you connect the dots?

16. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I'm saying that speeders are taking more damage because the server side hit registration was improved. Not so much due to auto aim, but due to correcting both ship and projectile path prediction. On the client side, I've seen so many shots land, but because of server desync, the shot does not register.

Prior to update and particularly with slow moving projectiles, I could see that my projectile clearly hits the boat speeding by me, but no damage is registered. This has happened to me vs. all boats, but most notably and frequently with speeders.

My suggestion is that speeders are feeling the pain of all the shots that weren't previously being registered.

Perhaps I misread your previous comment. I was thinking you were attributing the new incoming damage to the vertical auto-aim buff.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2018
  17. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Ahh I gotcha now. I was basically encompassing all of the “aiming improvements” into why my speeder was getting shot more. Whatever it is that has caused it, my speeder has become a bullet magnet now while people just tend to ignore my little 3k HP enforcer.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Rivet

Rivet Active Member

For me, it seems to have been easier to dodge shots, personally.
    The enforcer dance and the speeder zig zag seems to be harder to hit?