1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

At What Point Is the Bandage Worth Using?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by fr4nk1yn, 21 Dec 2017.

1. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Here it is. Although it's not maxed out yet but I still have a lot of training to stack up on it. I guess it will max out at 110+ when it's at t5 including all trainings from sinklair and feelix.

Screenshot_20180320-151357.png

2. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Update: NEVER.

3. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

I have epic tier 3 epic bandage with all epic perks on it but I have enough rare bandage copy to upgrade it up to level 50. I am confused if I should just start upgrading rare bandage or just wait for another epic bandage copy.

4. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

If I was you I would just wait for another epic duplicate. While level 50 rare might be slightly better than lvl 30 epic, the difference is not very big so that it would be worth all those materials needed for upgrading rare.

Golden Shooter likes this.
  5. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I run two of these since hitting MK6 mid Feb, began running in nightmare in December as MK5 Defender using only one. I'm using them simply because I don't have anything better.

6. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

I like your idea . Thank you.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Here's the stats for Bandage. These are expressed in percentages of weapon max. As you can see, the epic bandage at 30 is 47.11% and R50 is 49.52%. The epic gets another perk slot though. All in all, pretty identical.
    upload_2018-3-21_8-38-58.png

8. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Generally I think, compare 2 minutes of the bandage (24 ticks) to your shield. Use whatever is higher. Won't be the perfect choice in every scenario but overall I think it's about right.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'd say it depends on your class more than anything. As a defender main, I guess your estimate is spot on. However, if you are a speeder, expect 60 seconds of survival time without your shield. And ask yourself, do I survive that long under fire?
    If you are an enfo, I'd say 1.5 minutes. Remember, you need bandage when you are retreating into cover with tesshield on, and the weapons that can touch you are the weapons that can kill you for sure.

10. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Mk5 speeder.. No bandage get your big shield to T4 max
    Mk6 depends if you have rudder else bandage if your standard shield is high use it.
    Bandages does not sustain burst damage.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Snapshot

How I approached the problem was by looking at my play style. I needed to be able to hit & run. On the run part I found that I had to run far. The unfriends are not idiots and they won't forget about me the moment I go around a corner. So a typical loop was going to consume 30 seconds or so. On top of that when I'd re-engage I'd get another 3 ticks before the unfriends were likely to be targeting me. Let's just call it 10 ticks if I'm a bit conservative when I re-engage. So how much health do I need to get back in 10 ticks for it to be "worth it"? I considered an average hit about 600hp so I'd want 60hp per tick. My bandages only did 48 and it worked but it definitely crimped my style.

Speaking of style though, I think that's as important as the math part. Bandages encourage a hit & run play style... sneaking in for the assassination then limping back out again to lick your wounds. I enjoyed that a great deal. My big shield is just to overwhelming powerful to abandon so I'm using it but it forces a more conservative play style than I'd prefer. I can't just shrug off one hit from a scouting run or "walk off" getting beaten to a pulp while I killed their fixer. Every single hit is HP irretrievably lost. On the other hand, I'm a lot less delicate now and mines/torps are not certain death.

12. Shadow Moon!

At 2200 infamy I used my tier 4 rare bandage around 80/tick. As soon as I started moving up I noticed when people flare blast/explo me I can't fight back I just need to run run run for 20sec. With big shield I was tanky enough to swallow T4E Big torpedo in order to get a crucial kill and then play usual hit and run.

Snapshot likes this.
  13. Snapshot

Well, I can't argue since I'm using a big shield now also.. In a lot of ways, though, I miss my M4 speeder. Heck I even remember fondly how every mine and big torp was a guaranteed one-shot. But mostly I miss the way that bandages change the HP calculation. Instead of damage being a permanent loss it was more of a damage vs. time equation. I could "spend" my HP and think of that as "xxx seconds out of combat to heal" rather than "XX% of my health gone". In every game though I'll pretty much always go for subtlety over brute force so my proclivity for bandages is no surprise.

14. Shadow Moon!

Bandage was my primary item untill I was frost torp user. Meaning I would go in do huge damage come back ragain then repeat. Since it was pointless to use that combo after 3x nerfs( slow effect l, frosted damage, 1 shot breaks). I had to switch to more tanky ness because my damage was not burst anymore it was sustained the longer I stay in fight more effective I would be. Hence the big shield change.

15. Shadow Moon!

And yeah I enjoyed mk4 speeder more than mk5 or 6 though. It actually gave me an assassin feel. Team usually never care about mk4 speeders they are on their own. I think team depends lot more on mk5 and mk6 so the fun part wears off.

16. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

Big shield is must to have item for mk5 speeder. Bandage is preety useless for mk5 speeder as with good few hits from unfiriend is enough to cut more than 50% of speeder health. So if you carry bandage you just have to hide somewhere far if you get some hits from unfirends to recover your health otherwise you will be annihilated in some seconds.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Using bandage is good for speeder, because while you are using nitro and overboost to dodge all those shots, you can heal some health

18. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

When all fixer turn to the duct side

19. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

can I get the link to download the full photo?

20. Snapshot

Da Carronade King likes this.