1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin vs Duelist speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Agile Vanguard, 13 Apr 2018.

?

What type of speeder do you prefer?

1. Assassin

52.4%
  2. Duelist

47.6%
  1. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    Me as a defender can't say much but I used to main enforcer, so as the natural enemy of Speeders I can tell my opinion. Hit and run on tesla enforcers. Anything else on others. Tesla shield makes enfo much slower than an ob+nitro/double ob speeder. I occasionally got defeated by hit-n-run speeder, nowadays I simply shout for help and hunt Speeders down with teammates.

2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Never!!!!

Ian likes this.
  3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I think I’m a duelist because I like to circle rather than to hit and run. I just recently tried frost torp so maybe that’s a assassin

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Why not be both lol? That’s what I do. In the spaces where you can’t invade, just deal some constant damage playing it safe at a distance. When you see an opening, go for it. It’s silly to call yourself one or the other, unless you play like double carronade or something lol.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

People mostly are mixed role. However, assassin mains almost always run when chased, while duellists don't run. If someone is a duellist and running away, he's just asking for a bullet in the back lel.

6. Bullsheet Buddha

Bullsheet Buddha New Member

Are good setup carro+granade on assassin speeder?

7. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Looks like I'm an assassin speeder then! I keep trying to land my shots as quick as I can and then get the HECK outta there. I just can't duellist... keep dying/losing lots of health that way.

8. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

@TheAntiSnipe likes to come up with catchy names but the truth is, I'm both... as most speeders are.

The primary target is an assassination. I want to be lurking in the weeds when my team scores a big hit on the enemy. Then I want to get in, make the kill, and get out again.

But in actual combat play I also encounter foes in open water and then "dueling" is required. If I'd special built my boat for that I'd probably be using dual std cannons instead of flare/blast and I'd reconsider tesla bolt over the second nitro. But as a duelist I would face the same problem. Somebody's got to go in and nail that wounded fixer and who's it going to be other than a speeder?

9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I do both stand near cover land flares blasts whenever I see someone near 2k hp, move in harass him/her, get the killing shot, get out. Top up my health if needed get back in action.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I use Ex Grenade Ts nitro overboost...what kind of speeder i am?

11. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Just backing up Shadow Moon's statement, some examples are:

Assassin: Blast + Flare or double Blast
    Duellist: Cannon + Sniper or Carronade + Swift Torp
    Support: any red item and Frost Launcher/Blaster + Tesla Bolt/Nitro + OB