1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Any good build with mine?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Echo, 12 Apr 2017.

1. Echo

Echo New Member

I have a mk3 shooter and this epic mine I got long time ago collecting dust (I ususually use cannon, sniper and firebomb). There's recently lot of mine quests so I wonder what is the most effective build with mine ao I can put it to good use.

2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    You have to be really strategic with mine placements because people know how to avoid them.
    The mine is just a mine but if you have a strong mine, it will deal a lot of damage.

For the shooter people think mine isn't really effective. But those types of people are sometimes clumsly enough to hit a mine. The shooter is an excellent choice for the shooter in my opinion and i will prove it with 3 reasons.
    A. Mines can control the battlefield
    Its a great sieging tool to prevent enemy ships from approaching you. They will either have to run in to tank the mines or take another route.
    B. Mines are heavy damage dealers
    Mines are super strong if you take your time to upgrade and evolve. It may take sometime but be paitent.
    C. Mines can make the enemy stuff up
    I've lost many times because the enemy team has excellent mine placements that clumsy players run in and get themselves killed. I personally do this but it can turn the tide of the battle quickly.

Glhf in the bay

HeWhoHasCake and Felipowski like this.
  3. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

I have a mine does 1450+ dmg and I used mine for long time
    I suggest u not to use mine on speeder unless u have a mine of 2000+ dmg and u learn how to use mine because it will simply create a waste of red slot
    I suggest u to use it on enforcer or fixer,as:
    If you are an enforcer,u can rush to the front and put mines on the enemy side,but make sure your overboost and turbo are strong enough to run back as there is a chance that the enemy got frost blaster.you can also use this skill on speeder but if u want to know more about how to win with speeder+mine,watch "masi the speeder" in YouTube.You will notice that
    If you use it on fixer,it can protect enemies from destroying a shooter/defender(because they aren't quick enough to run)and heal the ships safely
    If you use mine on shooter,it can help controlling the battlefield and more(as what gnu said)
    Hope it helps :D

4. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    You could also for the fixer place down a health pack and place a mine inside it. People tend to run into is so it destroys the heal package but if u place a mine inside... They will get punished by running into a sneaky mine.

Felipowski likes this.
  5. "har"Smash until the end

Oh this one......Sunk did that yesterday,by putting a repair box on my mine,and it sure ended up a speeder stepped on it :)

6. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

Haha! These sneaky placement strategies are endless... Here are some that I already know:
    1. In a burning sunken ship. A random ship might just run through it expecting to just take around 100 burn dmg, but boom! Surprise! I tried it once and it worked surprisingly well.
    2. As Har and Gnu said, you can place it in a healing box.
    3. You can also make use of some map features (e.g. Some weed in Zone-85, small passage way in Chill Zone). Again, unsuspecting ships will run into them trying to chase an enemy or escape, but bam!

Back on to main points, here are some suggestions with mines.
    Firstly, let me explain how a shooter works in my opinion. A shooter is an aggressive weapon ship meant to decimate enemies from all range with insane firepower.
    So, for a good shooter to be well, good, it needs to have weapons covered for all types of situations.
    Mines are basically defensive close-range weapons for a shooter as it keeps other ships at bay (or just blows them up) so they would think twice attacking you (especially yellow ships who like to go solo on shooters), keeping your team safe and also creating game-changing situations.
    Since mines are close-range weapons, we wouldn't need anymore of those (e.g. Carronade). Instead, fit some mid range cannons and long-range mortars to get your firepower going!
    As for your setup, you might consider replacing your cannon for the mine. Then, you could cover all ranges with your shooter. For placements, see previous paragraph.

That's all from me, have fun and see you all around! :D

The Otherguy and P0rthos like this.
  7. "har"Smash until the end

Well you have once stepped on the healing box trap before!Lol I can't stop thinking about that :D :D

8. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

I don't like mines. They rely on the enemy being dumb and you can't control where the damage is directed. Plus it messes with your own team since they don't know who's is who's. It ends up throwing off your own team as bad as the unfriends. I'd rather almost any weapon on a shooter than a mine. If u want area control, use napalm. If u want close range, keep a standard canon or carro.

but hey, that's just me, and I don't play shooter, so what do I know?

kaseybsells and ToddTHY like this.
  9. Brizo

Brizo Active Member

If you strategize too much with mines, you'll end up missing the battle and your team will hate you. Focus on the red team, not on objects :) What I mean by strategize is placing a mine on a shipwreck or a repair box etc ... Not worth the time. Just drop them when you can and hope someone will make a mistake. It's pure luck!

Captain_Perry likes this.
  10. Emilia

Emilia Member

As @P0rthos knows I love my mines. If it is an open map just do as @Brizo says and drop them all over the place. But in tighter maps putting them as I sail past in weeds or actually a good thing I have found is hidden in a Napalm burst is really helpful sometimes

kaseybsells and P0rthos like this.