1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Defenders Out There?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by dajonx, 11 May 2017.

1. dajonx

dajonx New Member

Anyone suggest a good setup?

I have an MK1 with Uncommon Cannon, Uncommon Long Range Mortar, and Common Bandage.

2. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

1) take off the bandage. Put on a shield. at mk2, you have 3 slots so you can add a large shield + small shield. the bandage heals every 5 seconds and w/ a ton of hp, it's not doing you any justice if half of your health is gone. 500 hp, at 20 hp every 5 seconds, 2 minutes to fully heal assuming you never get hit again.
    2) cannon is great for the short reload. level it up unless you get a rare one. I run it on my defender.
    3) mortar is great if they don't get up close to you but once the enemy realizes you have it, they'll get up close and swarm you. personally, i like to run a blast cannon or sniper cannon w/ my regular cannon. Fire RC, BC, then RC again and you can get off 3 shots while they reload at the same time and repeat the process.
    4) focus on training your crew so you can get your defender up to mk2+.

Hope that helps, enjoy!!!
    RLX

Seb, Paul88 and Insta like this.
  3. dajonx

dajonx New Member

Thanks a lot!!
    1) Good point! Switched to a Rare Standard Shield.
    2) Trying to!
    3) Ohh, good idea! I'll have to try that out.
    4) I have enough gold to upgrade to mk2, but I'm level 10. :/

4. Steel_Wall

Steel_Wall New Member

That is EXACTLY what i have on my Mk1 defender, tier 2 lv 16 sniper cannon and tier 1 lv 7 regular cannon. Gotta love the steady damage output. The defender is great for 1v1s or being the "tip of the spear" for your team as it has a massive hitpoint pool. A nice tip to upgrade your captain XP is to train Bhurt, over and over again. He is actually amazing and doesn't take a long time to train, and also has very nice skills for cannons. He gives you tons of XP at the higher levels. One question: is it more beneficial to run a Big Shield, or a standard shield and another 1-slot gear piece at mk2?

5. Steel_Wall

Steel_Wall New Member

oops by the way my regular cannon is rare and my sniper is UC.

6. DUNKshady

DUNKshady New Member

I'm running a rare cannon+epic cannon as well as 2 rare shields on my MK2. This gives me a TON of HP, allowing me to lead engagements with my team and having high damage cannons on alternating timers.

If you can upgrade your BHurt captain you can get alot of cannon damage, then your Brock for your shields you'll have a tanky bruiser ship!

Steel_Wall likes this.
  7. Steel_Wall

Steel_Wall New Member

EXACTLY. The defender is meant to be the big bad leader of the pack. You soak up some damage for your team and dish out a TON in return. This lets the faster ships flank the enemy, making them receive fire from multiple angles, making them confused or making them ignore one side and focus on the other while both sides pound them into submission.

8. Steel_Wall

Steel_Wall New Member

Well... provided your team isn't absolute garbage like most of the ones i'm regularly matched up with...:rolleyes::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek:

9. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Train bhurt and Brock as high as you can, and blastion to 27 I think... for defender hit points and speed. Build a good small shield, big shield, bandage, turbo, and rudder. You will use all of those on a mk 6. Use hit point perks on shields, not defense perks. Defense perks are pointless. As far as weapons go, standard canon is essential imo, and two other hard hitting 2 slot weapons of your choice. Exploding canon, and napalm are interesting options. Just a thought for ya. Enjoy being the fatty of the team! :)

DERICO, DUNKshady and Steel_Wall like this.
  10. dajonx

dajonx New Member

I haven't thought of using multiple cannons. I'll have to try that out too. As of now, I'm running a rare cannon and uncommon blast cannon (with rare standard shield and uncommon big shield).
    Thanks a lot for all of the advice!!