1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

an interesting drop in infamy

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Alpakaa, 8 Aug 2018.

1. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    A while ago, I randomly got to 1500 infamy with a mk2 enforcer, mostly low level uncommon and rare items (tier 1-2) (Then I got to 1700 infamy with mk3) And recently, at mk4, I dumped down to, what, 900 infamy? I can hardly get to 1k infamy anymore. It's a lil bit bamboozlin' and I'm not entirely sure why this happened, and more so, I don't know why I can't get out of this rut. Here's some vague ideas for why it might've happened:

-I started using a frost+bigtorp speeder setup, and it's extremely difficult to play. That made me drop to 700 infamy, but I stopped using the setup a while ago after I learned that it was kind of useless. Now I've been playing enforcer for a long time now, and I'm still stuck at 900 infamy.

-I cannot seem to get a duplicate of my rare turbo. It's ridiculous. I'm pretty slow, but ofc I know that items shouldn't make or break your infamy level by 800. But the turbo is pretty important, so I think it might have something to do with it. Maybe a little bit.

-I think that maybe the reason why I got up so high in infamy in the first place was because of all the fixers that were on my teams. At 900 infamy, you ain't gon find no fixers anywhere. Absolutely not. As long as I was SUPER careful about my positioning and was extremely frugal with my health, I was just about ok. I had 1300 health at mk2 so you know. It was kind of pathetic going against 5 and 6K HP.

The
    main thing I think that brought me down this low was the change in ship, but even before that, I was losing infamy. Not at such a drastic rate, but I went down to 1300, as enforcer.

I guess I'm not entirely surprised I dropped so low trying that combo, but I cant really figure how how to get higher again as well as why I haven't been able to for so long now. Ideas?

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. HumpD 414

HumpD 414 New Member

I had the same exact thing happen, best advice I got was to not force the action, sit back and let the match come to you

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

There are far too many cases where a player will upgrade their ship and start experiencing the impossibility to win matches. It's part of the system rovio has to try to get people into the infamy tank penalty so you will lose rewards. There's almost nothing you can do except keep upgrading your items until you are capable of killing 4-5 enemies a match

4. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Turbo. That's probably a huge part of it. Moving fast is essential for survival.

That said, I'm sure there are other things you could improve. When you get a chance, post a screenshot of your setup & as much of your best inventory as you can pack into one screenshot, and post it here. You'll get lots of suggestions from lots of people, but most of it will actually be thoughtful and helpful. (RIGHT GUYS?!!!!) ;)

5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

similar here, reached 1457 infamy with mk3 ships with weak items but then dropped to 600 infamy ajd stayed majority of time with mk4 around 1000 infamy, upgraded to mk5 and finally got back to master
    I reached 1457 with lvl 10 rare turbo but stayed at 1000 infamy even after upgrading it to t3
    I tried all boats (except for the enfo, don't even know why) and many possible setups but nothing worked for me
    you know, there is no way for mk4 ship with 2-3k hp to win against 6-10k hp ships with maxed t3E and better items

Last edited: 8 Aug 2018