1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad issues in game

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Kelemvor, 31 Aug 2017.

1. HappyUnicorn456

HappyUnicorn456 New Member

It's not a bug, it's a way for them to get people to sign up for the subscription

Jamel H. likes this.
  2. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I completely agree Petitebites1. I was just trying to give the benefit of doubt, but I know what's going on. It's pretty obvious when they're charging $99 FOR IN-GAME ITEMS.....smh. This is getting to be ridiculous.

3. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

As I stated in my initial posts that was locked & obviously ignored..... It now happens with 'ALL ADS'. I just went and played a game, app restarted, I played again, app restarted and I played a third game and app restated. To me this means all ads but maybe Im slow.

The 3 ads that restarted all 3 games were..... Talenti ad.... Hyundai Tucson ad.... Shades of Blue NYPD ad. If I had played a fourth game it would've been a 4th ad on the list.

4. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

When the game is reconnect , after the ads , has no sound !!!!!! HOT FIX, PLEASE!!!! THX!!!

Jamel H. likes this.
  5. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Great post and I 100% agree. This feels more like a deceptive scam to motivate more players to pay for VIP subscriptions. Like you, I have missed out on pearls and resources as a result. Today, every match played and every ad watched has caused the app to restart. Until this morning, I rarely had a problem with ads, but every ad does the samething..... that's suspect. To ad to your list of problem ads.....

1. Talenti
    2. Toyota Tucson
    3. Shades of Blue NYPD

Prior to this morning, I didn't have a problem with any of these ads.

6. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I have experienced this as well.

7. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I'm feeling the exact same way. Any other time, I would have played around 30 or more game by now. Since this ad issue causes the game to restart after each battle, I haven't played much today. If it's not fixed, I'll be looking for a replacement game. So unfortunate because Battle Bay is one of the best mobile games available in my opinion. However,it looks like greed will overshadow it's greatness.

8. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Just got this today, all ads are not working.

Jamel H. likes this.
  9. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

I don't understand why they can't simply suspend the identified problem ads. I've played at least 20 games and I've only earned 4 pearls so far today. This truly sucks!!! On top of that, now the death match has the option for people to buy coins but now no stars are earned towards crates or quests. The chase for money will ultimately ruin this gaming community.

10. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

Guys stop trashing battle bay for nonsense reasons. I'm too experiencing the problem, game restarting after ad completes without getting battle bonuses too, I guess there something bad happened with third party ad providers.
    But Devs please fix this problem immediately, I've heard the problem from far too many players even from my guildmates.
    Right now I've stopped watching ads which results in far too low rewards.

GENE VILLARIN likes this.
  11. Shinishi

Shinishi New Member

Black screen after close the video me too and reset the game without sound.

12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Same here, I can watched the ads, then the game restarts and no gold, sugar or pearls. Have watched 20 ads, but have not received anything since the update from (was it) yesterday.

13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

All the ads, no exceptions! I am using a Samsung Tab S which runs on Android.

14. guykakin

guykakin Member

Well they get paid every time u watch an ad so the devs are probably causing the ads to crash so you watch more ads, then the devs get the big bucks for penthouses in Dubai, lambos, private jets etc...

15. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I wish it was specific to one type of ads provider. No matter what the advertisement the game restarts every time you watch one.

16. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

And the people suggesting that this issue with game restart is some conspiracy to get us to subscribe, I say BS and I know what I'm talking about.

There is always a possibility that's the ad-sdk's can have bugs and there is not so much the devs can do except remove it or get it fixed by the ad serving party both of which the devs might be considering. So stop suggesting stupid things which are irrelevant to this thread.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Crit Jagger

Crit Jagger New Member

Well this happened to me right before the whole thing with the Cap or Kill event. I don't know why. I decided to play a Shooter just to see what it was like, it was terrible btw. Then i deactivated my Facebook. All of a sudden this shit starts happening. I would watch an Ad for bonus, close it RIGHT AWAY and the whole client restarts itself WITHOUT obtaining the bonus. I tried uninstalling, clearing the cache files, log out log in, played a different ship, prayed to the Gaming Gods, (spicy content, censored)

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Jun 2018
  18. GENE VILLARIN

GENE VILLARIN New Member

Same frustrating results as other members above...Ad Choices' Big Farm ad is one of the ads that restarts game then no audio. Already contacted Rovio Support. They advised me to post issues on this forum so they can see numbers affected and possible cause. Rovio help your customers please! E3 in LA? Hmm...

19. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
    hey it happens to me too..please devs fix this..it is constantly kills my game and I don't get the bonus

20. Bananas

Bananas Member

All ads crashed for me too. Can't watch one to refresh the shop or to get the extra rewards after a battle.

STARC!! and Suraj69k like this.