1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad issues in game

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Kelemvor, 31 Aug 2017.

1. Carnistix

Carnistix New Member

I have been having an issue with the bonus ads crashing the game (currently it's the Army men strike ad, and some unknown ad that flashes a white bar on the right side of the screen then crashes) as well as several very rude ads that cannot be muted ( like the puzzle ad) the worst by far are the ads that actually open my App Store before they can be closed. Very un cool.

Atmo likes this.
  2. RealChampion

RealChampion Member

Yea the same happens to me too. Game also starts lagging after playing ad.

Carnistix likes this.
  3. Carnistix

Carnistix New Member

Hey ROVIO. It would appear that ads from "ad colony" are crashing the game. Can't tell witch one because all I can see is a black screen that says ad colony in bottom right corner, then the games gone and I'm back on my desktop.

4. Atmo

Atmo Member

AdChoices is another one. I've been telling them this for months.

5. Carnistix

Carnistix New Member

Yes, AdChoice ads do fail as well, but some of them do play for me, where as none of the Ad Colony ads have ever played.

6. Atmo

Atmo Member

AdColony Merge Plane is one ad that locks up

7. Atmo

Atmo Member

Just lost a shitload of bonus points and bragging rights to a Penta kill due to a AdColony Wooden Block Puzzle!!!
    Battle Bay, read this and do something!

8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

The game should still be in your battle log, as the server would have recorded you were in that batte even if you disconnected.

9. Atmo

Atmo Member

Didn't think of that. Thanks

Ash KOT likes this.
  10. Atmo

Atmo Member

Several of the AdColony ads will play 3 to 5 seconds of the ad before locking up. Don't know if this helps any.

Ash KOT likes this.
  11. bora

bora New Member

I have the same problem. also noticed that if my screen black out after watching add i am not getting the 50% bonus.

Atmo likes this.
  12. Atmo

Atmo Member

All AdColony and AdChoices ads black out on me. I have missed a boatload of bonus points because of them. I have zero problems with any other ad. I've stress this point many times over with no results.

13. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

Ads bug
    this ad got stucked after 90%
    please fix

Attached Files:

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Devs,

Today after a battle I chose to watch the ads, but I don't see any ads. Just a short flickering of the screen which lasts half a second and then I already get the rewards for watching an ad, but I have not seen one.

People don't shoot me for saying this.......I know a lot will be happy not to have to watch the ads.

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 12 Oct 2018
  15. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

yah
    some times me too get black screen ads..

16. Atmo

Atmo Member

If you know how to contact devs, tell them for me all ads from AdChoices and AdColony are robbing me blind of bonus points. Sometimes that's the only ads that show and EVERY ONE of them lock the program up.

Ash KOT likes this.
  17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I cannot see which ads does not work btw.

18. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

I am particularly annoyed at ads that open the iOS App Store page on their product. They are loading my Apple ID with false data, it makes the App Store think I am interested in crappy games and it changes the recommendations it gives.
    Yes I know exactly what Rovio will say, "what the ad agencies do is beyond our control." NO it is not. You can refuse to contract with ad agencies that abuse users.

Carnistix and Atmo like this.
  19. Hammerhead-Shark

Hammerhead-Shark New Member

Did someone notice yesterday extra battery draining ? I also notice the battery draining. I use Galaxy S9+ and Iphone X, but yesterday played on the Galaxy S9+. It used a lot of battery life for one hour play I have not measured it but like from 100% to 68% in one hour

20. Carnistix

Carnistix New Member

Hey ROVIO, I am seeing more and more ads opening my App Store. Just a little food for thought, the way I see it, you're on verge of a massive class action lawsuit under the new privacy protection laws. Don't tell me you can't control what advertisers do. YOU signed the contracts. YOU are getting paid for it. YOUR NAME is all over it. YOU will be the ones who pay if it comes to that. FYI, adchoices is the worst offender. There are many other ad companies you can work with. I play many games that have ads, NONE of them open my App Store. Just sayin.