1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad issues in game

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Kelemvor, 31 Aug 2017.

1. Atmo

Atmo Member

Same here. Have not heard anything from Rovio.

2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Some of the ads stop working yesterday again, Don't know which ones, because the screen goes black.

I am using a Samsung Tab S tablet with Android.

Could you take a look at it?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Flint

3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I have not had anymore problems lately with the ads.

Best wishes,
    Flintje

4. Atmo

Atmo Member

Running the game at half resolution seemed to cure most of my ad problem. Not all of it, but most of it.

5. Atmo

Atmo Member

Been posting about ads crashing BB app and having to restart, losing bonus points for a month or longer. Here it is July 23rd, brand new update and ads crashing just as bad or worse than ever. When an ad that has absolutely NO movement crashes, that's pretty bad. They've talked about problems with androids and how they've been fixed. Well, they've got a problem with some iOS systems that they won't talk about. I don't even try for bonus points any more because , more than likely, it's going to crash.

6. Atmo

Atmo Member

I take it back. It seemed to help for a day or so and then started back.

7. Karabuxna

Karabuxna New Member

After watching ad, I lose ingame sound and I have to restart every time. Its really anoying. This update is bad! Iphone 6, latest ios...

VantaBlack likes this.
  8. SleekCommodore2201

SleekCommodore2201 New Member

Same here, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

9. HappyUnicorn456

HappyUnicorn456 New Member

Until they fix it you have to disable then re-enable the sound for it to work again.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. Taevion0

Taevion0 Member

Any COMPENSATIONS the 2nd time around?
    Played all those long ads for nothing, this game owes me gold sugar and Pearls. Just compensate me the pearls... I'm not too mad about the sugar and gold....

11. Atmo

Atmo Member

Just updared again.. Was hoping they'd fixed the problem with ads crashing the game but apparently not. They say they monitor these forum threads for problems but I kinda doubt it. Been posting about ads crashing game for couple of months now but nobody has responded. Guess I'll just keep missing the bonus points.

12. DWDR ^ weksels

DWDR ^ weksels New Member

Buy vip and u will never need to watch anything

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What's with the necro trolling, mate?

14. Atmo

Atmo Member

Well, here we go again! Battle Bay...... You did pretty good for a while, seemed to have a handle on ad crashing. Then after last update, they're right back at it again! Looks to be the cheap AdChoices ads that gives the most problems.

15. Atmo

Atmo Member

Don't know how to contact devs about ads crashing program on iPad. The seemed to have problem fixed until last update. Now ads are crashing program again. Went to support page and couldn't find link to report a problem. Maybe you can let them know. Thanks

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000861068-Battle-Bay

This is the link for Rovio support. I'll contact a dev in the meantime, hope you get your issue fixed!:)

17. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

@Atmo - in order to look at what ad is causing this - can you please let us know which ad / which ads are causing your app to crash? Is it possible to either send a screenshot or tell us the name?
    We would also need your device specifications / OS - thank you!

18. Atmo

Atmo Member

19. Atmo

Atmo Member

I am using an iPad 3. The ads that seem to crash the most come through AdChoices server. If I see that in the bottom right hand corner, I know it's going to crash. The higher quality ads that have better graphics play and return to the gams just fine.

20. Atmo

Atmo Member

iPad 3. The AdChoices and AdColony servers are the two main offenders. Pretty much guarantee its gonna lock up.