1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

About speed...

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by jfcliche, 27 Oct 2018.

1. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

Not sure what to do with this and I’d welcome any advice... I have a rare turbo level 50 and an epic one level 20, which I started before realizing that my speed was already maxed out with the R50. At first glance, it’s obviously better to scrap the epic one. But then, I can’t believe Rovio will let that absurdity persist. If you can max out with just a rare, then the epic and legendary are totally useless. So you’d think they will change the speed system to fix that one day, and then my epic could possibly become an upgrade compared to my R50. But that isn’t sure in any way. Thoughts, anyone ?

2. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I'd say keep using the Rare for the moment until you've got the Epic upto T4 - once that's done, you'll be able to max out speed on all the boats without needing turbo perks, so can swap them out for some added ship hp perks

3. wcc634

wcc634 Member

Yes, it’s an interesting question. It came up in a different thread a couple of days ago:

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/testing-nop-doesn’t-hear-anything-about-it.22851/#post-183933

As mentioned, yes, it seems unlikely that Rovio intends for this speed/turbo weirdness to stand as is. But this huge update that just got released made max ship speeds much more accessible, making turbos less important. Why would they then turn around in a smaller update and make max ship speeds less accessible again (and thus make strong turbos important again)?

I don’t know; I could be totally off base. I would like to know what more people think about this. What I DO know is that 50 epic power cells (to get your level 20 to a tier IV) would be a high price to pay for just a couple of 60 point health perks.

envylife likes this.
  4. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

Thanks for the replies, guys.
    It is indeed hard to see why they would undo what they just did, like wcc634 said, although it wouldn't be without precedent. Anyway, I think they would need to nerf the turbo or to bump up the max speed by a lot to make it worth leveling up an epic turbo all the way to T5, and I am very short on epic power cells, so I scraped the E20 turbo that I had.

wcc634 likes this.