1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ability to fleet with those outside the 800 infamy range

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by c3n3, 26 Jan 2018.

?

No or yes

1. Yes

43.5%
  2. No

56.5%
  1. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I personally have friends who I try to get to join the game but it is hard since I can't even play with them just because I am way higher than their infamy. If I and many others could play with lower infamy people then it would be much easier to recruit new players and keep them. It could also help the hopelessness some feel early on. I have a solution.

1) people would be allowed to fleet with anyone no matter infamy.

2) If the person you fleet with is outside the 800 infamy range then four things will happen

First. If you are the higher of the two you will send your account into guest mode (you are a guest at the lower infamy, kind of like in game "guest" accounts on consoles) where your infamy will be temporarily pushed down to exactly the other persons infamy

Second. whatever mk boat the other has will be the highest mk for your account and all extra items will be removed

Third. All items you have will have a max level equivalent to the average level of all the other persons items

Fourth. Rarity will do the same in that all of your items will behave as
    The average rarity of the other persons items (perks will be grayed out accordingly)

3) To leave guest mode all you have to do is leave the fleet

4) All fleetings within 800 infamy will act the same as before

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Custom game may be your best option, there's no value in bringing in someone who can be 1-shot to a battle.

The Otherguy and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  3. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

The point is to be able to actually play true battles with friends lower than your infamy

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

You can just ask in global or vip chat and basically get enough people for a real battle in custom

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Omg pls allow me to change my vote! Insta like!!!

The Otherguy and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  6. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

As of right now yes it is, but with this suggestion it would only take me and one other person to coordinate to play together and there would be balance between infamy discrepancies
    now you can

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    No no no, you're not bringing your weak friend up to the big boys, you're nerfing yourself temporarily to match his gear and infamy so that you can play with him.

Example, my noob friend is mk2 with only uncommons. I'm mk5 with epics. Our infamy difference is too great, so if I fleet with him, my ship is reduced to mk2 and my gear reduced to uncommon. Now we're in the same boat (get it?) and it's only temporary, so you don't lose anything from this.

Of course, you'd have to cut out infamy growth and reduce rewards for the higher level player since you have more experience, despite having equal gear.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Seems reasonable to nerf yourself for the fleet but lack of ship-specific infamy makes it troublesome. Having different ship levels but a unified infamy causes all kinds of issues the Devs don't seem to want to solve.

9. PastelPiku

Security
    It should unify ship level too. It should feel like you're using your friend's equipment (in terms of power) so that the only advantage you actually have is experience.

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

This thread isn't about ship specific infamy or a unified imfamy, this is about playing with people below your infamy, whether the devs create ship specific infamy or not doesn't effect this proposal as it would work both ways

If ship specific were created then let's say you have a mk2 fixer at 700 infamy and a mk6 enforcer at 4000 infamy, you wish to fleet with your friend whose at 1000 infamy with your fixer, no problem you are within 800 infamy and nothing changes you fleet normally. But then you decide you want to use enforcer. THEN the special rules apply to your ship and items and "guest mode" kicks in.

The Otherguy and PastelPiku like this.
  11. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

It's a great idea - who wouldn't want to jump into a battle with friends right away? :)

Let's see what the near future holds!

12. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

As mentioned the custom battle will be the way to go.

I see what you're saying and it would be a nice to have. The challenge with your suggestion, especially around the "guest mode" is that you could effectively be bringing the equivalent of a gun to a knife fight.

The Grim Repair likes this.
  13. PastelPiku

Security
    I've always wanted something like this so I could fleet with my friends without le
    your gun gets downgraded to a knife in guest mode

14. Scourge Argaen

And that would be the only plausible solution measure except you would have to downgrade across the board to make it balanced: Health, Damage, Defence, Duration of effects etc. etc.

The Grim Repair likes this.
  15. PastelPiku

Security
    That's the idea. Bringing all of your equipment, including your ship level, to the same level as the lower level friend. Just for until the fleeting is done.

c3n3, Scourge Argaen and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Scourge Argaen

If they can do that, +1 to the suggestion.

PastelPiku likes this.
  17. PastelPiku

Security
    You should change your vote to yes if you agree, we're kinda losing the vote here lol

18. Scourge Argaen

Oh yeah... oops! Done :)

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

The easier it is to do, the more likely it is to be implemented. Trying to balance your gear with a friends sounds very complicated and challenging. I think the easiest way would be to copy your friends ship 100%. Now it could copy up to your high infamy or down to theirs. I would say down to the lower infamy since you cannot manipulate things as much. Higher infamy does need higher skill too. This would make it super easy to play with anyone. A pop-up would appear and say "you are greater than 800 infamy, would you like to play as a guest?" Y/N.

Downside would be if they were playing a class or using weapons you did not like or were experienced with. But you have to figure that your friend is going to be using the best they have so it is an ok trade off. A higher infamy player will also be more versed in the different weapons.

Would a win add to both infamies here? We have to be careful. There are many high ships at low levels, and this would be duplicating them. So infamy tankers might get an advantage. However, the more they win, the more they will be pushed up to their correct infamy. Maybe no infamy for the guest player, but gold and sugar? Also, should guest battles count for your rivalry quests? Thoughts?

The Grim Repair, c3n3 and PastelPiku like this.
  20. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Yes they should count since with downgrades of weapons it'd be harder to do damage quests, star/ship quests are almost neutral, but I do worry about allowing it for fleeting quests since this would allow some people with very high infamy to have a guild where half or even just some are low infamy and non fleetable normally, and still get the normal benefits plus the lower infamy guild benefits of easier opponents. With fleeting, only non guest mode contributions should work.

benguin8 likes this.