1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A huge WHY?!?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jenarall, 1 Oct 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The problem here has been caused by fleeting in this case. I have nade 3 seperate threads about how fleeting can mess up the matchmaking, check out the following:

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/does-fleeting-affect-the-matchmaking.18193/page-2#post-119130

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...ssues-not-being-fixed-with-this-update.19599/

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...attles-big-time-please-fix.19117/#post-177665

I have been addressing this issue of the problems caused by fleeting in normal battles and event battles for at least 6 moths. But it has never been fixed, sadly.....

Regards,
    Flint

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    In your cases fleeting made your matches harder to win, while in this thread the opponent's fleet made their battle easier.
    It goes against your argument :p

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

If you win 98%, it doesn't prove that matchmaking is not right. Matchmaking is gs dependent, so it doesn't take skill into factor, so therefore theoretically whoever has more skill should win. And if someone is skilled, then they are obviously going to have a much higher win rate then someone who is not very skilled, even if they have the same gearscore and get the same matches.

4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I said it messes it up, can go either way.

5. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    If it goes either way, doesn't that mean it's balanced? Matchmaking can never be perfect, there will always be a team slightly stronger.

6. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

The issue people are having with your post is that you didn't show the items equipped with their gear scores .. if the two teams were wildly different, or if someone was manipulating their gear score, people would be on board with what you're saying.

But, one Mk level alone means almost nothing.

Leagues/infamy aren't included in event matchmaking - for a very good reason. Event rewards are much, much, much better than league rewards .. so if they based event matching on infamy, you'd see a large number of players float their way as low as possible in infamy matches for easier event matches/rewards ..

Last edited: 3 Oct 2018
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

For seasoned players in a match with identical loadouts, there's no chance any one of those players will win 98%, not even 1v1.

If Rovio ever decides to make equal-gear tournaments, it would prove (or disprove) my assertion.

8. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

This quote while sounding logical is false.

Put two equal boats. 1vs1 against each other. weapons, ships, gear score everything. Skill still is part of the equation. And where that shows up in Math is... the kills per game.

So if my kill per game ratio is .95 and I face another equal boat captain with a kill per ratio of .85. The majority of the time I will beat the captain 1vs1. Math says I am better. We call that skill as well.

Now let me fleet with any player of my choosing and another captain who is over .94 kills a game. We will win 98 percent of the time.

Jaws

9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Not slightly, often a lot. The matchmaking in the events and with fleeting can be improved upon. How hard is when 2x mk7 player fleet to give them 2x mk7 opponents? But I have had 2x mk7 against 1x mk4 and 1x mk5.

So, not slightly at all. How come some win 30 battles in a row with the events (the Seal Clubbers), because it is unbalanced and they get away with it.

2vs2.jpg View attachment 22275 2vs2b.jpg View attachment 22277 PNHLNGBT.jpg View attachment 22279 5vs5z.jpg

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I received so many screenshots like this, most are not even from my own accounts, like this one:

Unfair2.jpg

11. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    I was referring to how fleeting affected it, not seal clubbing in general.
    But yes, seal clubbing is a big problem.

12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I meant to say in event you can have 2 Seal Clubbers in one team because of fleeting. So, I was not pointing specifically to SC, although you know I have been addressing the problems for months.

And I placed some screenshots where there were no fleeters, I will edit my post.

Regards,
    Flint

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  13. xArrogance

As I've said, I don't have any Mk3-4 ships so I can't say for sure ...

But, I saw some screenshots of captains leveled L40 and above trying to use Mk3 and 4 ships in the last event .. and they were being matched with Mk6s.

So .. that suggests they're at least doing something to solve the issue.

And I've seen complaints from people that are clearly lowering their gear score and/or using lower Mk ships about players that are doing the same thing but better (by fleeting or using different items).

Lol ... :rolleyes:

Flint and SAME DIFF3R3NC3 like this.
  14. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Haha Serves them right.

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 and xArrogance like this.
  15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I know you play fair, have watched some replay from you which were great. Share some more if you want.

I really hope the issue wil, be resolved with people trying to manipulate the system. I dont get why people look for easy battles, what is the fun in that? Not even 10000 coins would attract me to that.

Regards,
    Flint

16. xArrogance

Most NML battles aren't sexy .. They're more about staying alive, playing smart, and hoping your opponent makes a mistake. Obviously, you have to keep up a steady amount of damage or pressure on the other team too - to keep them from killing your weaker teammates too quickly.

https://replay.battlebay.net/TJRNGRSG#QGRWLZRM

https://replay.battlebay.net/KNZNZDKD#QGRWLZRM

There's my most recent .. The 2nd one was copied on my clipboard for some reason - so it probably had someone high level that I wanted to look at.

17. envylife

I agree.. math says you will win more against someone with a lower kill ratio. What I was saying is different: there is no one in this game capable of winning 98 out of 100 matches against a seasoned player in an equal gear match. Gear is more important than skill in this game. That's not true with other games like Fortnite, COD, etc... but in Battle Bay, there's no question Gear is king.

18. xArrogance

To a certain extent .. but there are max epic Mk7s in the 2-3k infamy range (or maybe lower) .. And some have well over 5k.

Most everyone has a similar level of items in NML (and probably quite a few in Ace). So, once you're at that level, it's very similar to fortnite or COD in that aspect.

There are so many individual factors and decisions in this game: what ships to use, what items to level, where to move, when to fire, what to fire, how accurate you are, when to retreat, when to push forward, when to dodge shots, map awareness, friendly and unfriendly location awareness .. to name a few.

And, in 2v2, I have no doubt that people can have that win ratio .. maybe there would fewer players if every match was perfectly identical .. but you'd still have 2-player teams that win nearly every match regardless.

*JAWS* likes this.
  19. envylife

Yea I'll admit in 2v2 it may be possible... but not in 1v1. I'll even concede that there may be some really bad players out there that would prove me wrong, so I'll just back it off and say that as a lowly Ace II player, no one is going 98% on me in a series of equal gear matches.

*JAWS* likes this.
  20. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    That is an untrue statement as captain level also plays a big part of dmg dealt.