1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A defenders outlook on life

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by Epekka, 10 Jul 2017.

1. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I am a prould defender user, who would like to share my outlook on my basic defender stratagy and why I use it over other ships.

Why I use defender:
    We all have to admit, the defender is underused. In lower imfamy, to only other defender users are loading all of its slots with gear lubes and struting along like they rule the battlefield, while true defenders (like me) snicker at them while they get crushed by my teammates. In higher infamy, the high consentration of speeders makes battles nigh imposable for a defeneder to do what they could do without all of those stupid bananas.
    So, why do I use defender anyway? This is why:
    Shooter: I do not enjoy spaming wepons like a maniac.
    Speeder: I do not like waltzing around in circles like a piece of fruit.
    Enforcer: not enough hit points.
    Fixer: healing is to big a job for me, and I just plane old suck at it.
    Note that I am not trying to insault any of these ships (exept that rotten one that looks like a banana) or their users before we move on.

My defender basic strat:

Since defenders are the slowest ships on the block in movement and turret rotation, you have to make up for it. You can use turbo or gear lube, but not both at lower mk's. The whole point of the defender is high hitpoints. If you feel like you want to use both, use a different ship. Anyway, I tend to make up for it with pin-point percsion. Every move or glance at the side or back of your ship can spell doom if you do it wrong or at the wrong time. Everything you do needs to count. Also, i need to defend. (It is called the defender for a reason) In other words, I need to protect my flimsy teammates! Im not going too let 3000 hp worth of Defender go to wast in the back line, shooting a sniper cannon or somthing. Im going to protect all the shooters back there lobing epic long-range motars, and the fixer with the box and the pulse, healing the team!

It might sound like a big job, but someone has to do it.

Yours truly, epekka, aka epekkamaster.

Last edited: 11 Jul 2017
  2. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

This needs a bump.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Jennyfur3810

Jennyfur3810 Active Member

I think he switched to shooter :p

4. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

Still good though...

5. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

enforcer. I HATE shooter.
    I still do defender somtimes because I have the correct loadout.

6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Nah mate, you gotta do defender all the time to enter the defender club.

7. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

this thread was made in july. My opinions have changed since then.