1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

A buff to a forgottten aeriel weapon?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Ol' Rusty, 31 Oct 2018.

1. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Word of the day, I learned something! I've always had to describe this as my relative North/South reference plane...

2. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Haha let me google it to see if its correct. That's how I've come to describe it :D

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  3. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Yup, I think its correct haha welcome! :D

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  4. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Glad to see that I'm not alone with the missile conundrum. Hopefully Rovio sees this thread

5. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I propose to change the direction of the missiles so that the missiles fly out not all at once, but one after another very quickly. And if a player shoots without advance, then the missiles fly to one point, and if he chooses advance, then the missiles will fly into the line in that direction. Do you understand my thoughts? If it is not clear, write, perhaps it is easier to show it in the pictures ...

Flint likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That sounds like the behavior of the Gatling Gun?

7. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

No, when you take aim and release the joystick, the rockets will fly one after the other, about 1 missile in 0.1 second, maybe even faster ...

8. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

TBH, I think missiles being a high risk/high reward type weapon is fine. However, I think that giving them a frost dmg perk (or lumping them into the mortar perk catagory) is a great idea. However, if want to improve your missile aiming skills, I beleive that waveblower has a very useful thread on thd subject.

Reorge likes this.
  9. envylife

I understand now. I'm undecided, but it's very creative. Waveblower mentioned that standing still and/or adding Range perks seems to tone down the RNG, so it seems to fall in line with that speculation.

Except that Waveblower's instructions were largely pre-nerf... pre-RNG Missiles.

Mines are high risk high reward, and reward is much higher than Missiles. Torpedoes are high risk/high reward, and in close quarters you can actually count on the damage. Missiles are excessively RNG in almost every circumstance. If there was some way to lower RNG (behavior or otherwise), or increase reward (Frost/Fire/Stun/etc), then we'd be getting them back to being a competitive weapon.

SlayerofSergeants and Ol' Rusty like this.
  10. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

the hard thing with missles is that there is a very drastic change between being OP and very underpowered when it comes to nerfs. I think that a flame dmg or frost dmg perk would "fix" them.

11. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I've used more missiles than you for sure. Both pre and post nerf. And no, I'm not scared of the outcome because I know the outcome and that's what I was trying to tell you but I guys it's just too hard for your pea sized brain to process.

Good day.

12. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Exactly. Pre update they were a non RNG weapon with somewhat consistent damage. Why many can't seem to understand this I dont know..

Another idea would be to add a talent such as the bullseye one for mortars. If you land all 5 you deal 30% extra damage. Of course thats strong but at least it will bump up the reward ratio

13. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

IMG_20181105_011719.jpg

Ol' Rusty likes this.
  14. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

15. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

So this is the missile buff thread that i see 24/7 on my thread feed.

Epekka likes this.
  16. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Hi and welcome. Pull up a chair

By the way world, I was not actually suggesting a 30% buff. Something a lot lower of course. Just another reward idea for those skilled players using a difficult weapon

17. Tmfh67401

Tmfh67401 Member

The attachment wasnt a max hit. It was two seperate missile hits. They should of moved i guess.

18. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Yeah man. Was just meaning max dmg for a single missile

Tmfh67401 likes this.
  19. envylife

It is important to note a few things from that image
    • As mentioned, it was simultaneous Missile hits from two different players, 2600 and 3000 respectively,
    • Those numbers are easily achievable with T5E Big Berta, BC, Ex Canon, Big Torpedo, Swift Torpedo, Triple Torpedo, Railgun, Mine, Napalm, and maybe FB with lots of damage/duration perks. With multiple players hit you can add 4 other weapons... BPM, SM, LRM, Grenade.
    • All of the AoE weapons above would multiply the damage further with multiple players being hit. Missile AoE is tiny... a single missile rarely hits a second player, and if so, not for much.
    • They key differentiator is this: if you aim correctly you are guaranteed that max damage on a all those weapons... all but RNG Missiles.

20. Ol' Rusty

Ol' Rusty Active Member

Never thought of it that way but you're right. When you take the AOE damage into it, most of the weapons mentioned have higher damage potential.

Not to mention missiles are very much an RNG weapon since the update

Tmfh67401 likes this.