1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

5v5 event cap and kill Matchmaking rant

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nikeej, 20 Jul 2018.

1. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

That's a good ranged setup. Try using a full brawler setup. I'm using a sniper, flare, 2 ex-cannons with a complimentary big torp and I don't care about winning or losing. Getting highest damage seems to be the general objective so I'm following suit. Get out and do as much damage as possible. Win or lose you get the most coins in your team.

Trying to play as a team is pointless when repeated requests of "look that boat is at 100hp, DESTROY!!!" get skillfully ignored (by super players with Godlike skills, literally and figuratively) especially when your team mates have better things to do like attack that defender with full hp to score damage.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. L_u_c_i

L_u_c_i New Member

This is the reason I stopped playing events.

I am at mk4 currently, I am getting matched with mk4 ships using legendary items.
    Unfortunately i have all my ships at mk4 (wish I could downgrade them) .

The moderators should bring out the algorithm where the ship of highest mk should be used to determine the matches, until then its no use of playing events for the low-medium ranked ships and players...

ShipCrusherCz and xArrogance like this.
  3. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I hardly die twice with my setup. And I mostly play a supportive role from the back to finish off the players with less health. And yeah! I usually end up with most damage too. And get around 8 stars for the win and 4-3 stars for the loss.

Edit: This is a prime example of what I explained. I did not even die once and I did 38k damage. Also, bandage is pretty useful for my setup. Typically a life savior. Lol :)
    https://replay.battlebay.net/RZFMVSDF#NJVGSVVD

Here is another one.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/GLJPJLQS#NJVGSVVD

Last edited: 21 Jul 2018
  4. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

This event is s complete waste of time. Vs mk7 defenders with mk5 or mk6 shooter. Seriously not acceptable, hire some more devs of you're understaffed ffs. I certainly won't be playing any new games that you put out.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Since all your boats are MK4, how would this help you?

6. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

While not being a huge fan of 5v5 TDM, I've personally seen a lot of improvement this event.

1) Mines seem to be on a much shorter timer.
    2) Fire Damage no longer kills your capture percentage.
    3) By matching opponents with a slightly larger gear score range, gear score manipulation is less of an advantage and there is less incentive to keep your ships under-leveled.
    4) For Mk7s, the last event took way too long to match - over 5 minutes at times - and you ended up being matched with the same people over and over and over. This event is a huge improvement.

And a couple of side thoughts -

For those without legendary weapons, you get free ones from achievements, so keep grinding them out.

This event matching type encourages people to get stronger and better at the game, rather than making them afraid of using epics, epic perks, or upgrading their ships for fear of increasing their gear score and competition - which is how a game is supposed to work.

wreck your day likes this.
  7. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

same problem here
    my selfish fixer setup helps me to survive longer and my lvl 30 rare blast (with 640 damage) is strong enough to allow me to deal higher damage than mk4 shooters althkugh they have 4 weapons
    I think that using lower level ships should be allowed but there should be some level/rarity restrictions (you know, mk3 ship with t4E items is not normal and can easily destroy any mk4 ships-except for other exploiters)

8. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Glad they fixed it for the mk7's, but that fix has screwed over everyone else that isn't mk7. I constantly vs mk6 & 7, I'm only mk5. When capture is unbreakable, that extra hp wins the game for them pretty much every time. It's completely wrecked this event for me and many of my friends.

9. xArrogance

Even when I use my mk6 speeder, I don't see mk5s unless they're trying to manipulate their gear score or fleeted with a mk6 .. so that's not been my experience .. but I'm sure the devs would appreciate 5-10 screenshots of your matches - which should be easy enough since it's happening "pretty much every time."

10. envylife

My review of this event:

1) Matchmaking is OK. No real complaints there.

2) This has been the least productive event for me to date. I'd say roughly 1/3 Win, 1/3 Loss, 1/3 Draw. That may sound like things are very well balanced but the number of Draws is indicative of an event design issue. No one wants Draws, so all 10 members of the battle end in disappointment. Draws give few coins. Draws allow no contribution toward Guild quests, so fleeting itself winds up being pointless because of so few relative wins compared to normal.

3) In order to complete daily quests I found myself enjoying the normal rated matches more than this event. I can't pinpoint why it is, but it may be in #4

4) While players understand the strategies behind normal rated matches, I don't think they understand the strategies behind Cap-N-Kill even after so many events. Most matches have me struggling to get my team either into the capture zone, or to stop the opponents from capturing. They just don't get it.

Conclusion: Point #2 is very important... the Devs need to redesign this event so that it results in either a Win or a Loss... rarely a Draw, at least in proportion to the normal rated matches were Draws are rare.

wreck your day and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  11. envylife

I need to add a caviat here. Matchmaking is OK for me in my MK6 Shooter. When I hop in my MK2 Defender I don't understand what EventMatchmaker(tm) is doing. In my last match we had 8 MK4 boats, 1 MK3 and my MK2. Gear Scores were 1845 - 4900 (me: 2592), captain levels were all in the 20's (except for me). In most other matches before I'm seeing a lot of Nightmare players who have obviously found a meta that works for them better than playing their max boat.

I'm in favor of GS matchmaking, and I'm perfectly fine with Nightmare players jumping in their MK2/3 boats, but the Devs need to set Gear Score by the item's output rather than the hard-coded spreadsheet thing they do. Being destroyed by tiny yellow boats with a Legendary Big Torp (a really good meta) likely gives me the feeling that these 500 infamy players are probably having.

12. xArrogance

I'm at a 13% draw rate this event - but, yeah, I wish they awarded more coins than the typical loss.

If this was more the norm, I wouldn't mind ...

Screenshot_20180722-194835.png

13. Go Have A Napp

Go Have A Napp New Member

Hello everyone. I have something to add to the match making in the events in general. It is being abused to crap. I feel bad for some of these beginners too. check this out. High lvl players with non upgraded ships entering battles with absolute noobs and have full advantage just from crew alone. Im lucky he wasnt really that good and ive had lots of practice, but he shouldnt of been in that match still. Screenshot_20180722-215020_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180722-215030_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180722-212734_Battle Bay.jpg

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  14. Go Have A Napp

addition to top.... Sad to see descently built players against beginners. Makes it hard for new guys to come in. Im sure this is how high level players who cant hit for crap deal with the events. Taking it on those who are too weak and just milking the events for easy coins.
    Gear Score is nice n all, but i don't think it makes a good match making call. It would be more beneficial if say when you shearch for a battle in the events, it set to makes battles based offa set captain levels like level 1-9, 10-17, 18-25, 26-33, 34-42, 43-50. (just a rough suggestion.) Should still make it possible for mk7 players to get their battles. low end players cant get overly murderd by higher players and it encourages players to upgrade their weapons, items and ships.

Screenshot_20180723-005502_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180723-005507_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180723-005516_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180723-005521_Battle Bay.jpg

Last edited: 23 Jul 2018
    xArrogance likes this.
  15. Stalie

Stalie Member

Devs,
    The problem I have with the events are the poor legendary awards at after spending 900 coins! There's only 2 awards and I'd like neither tbh.
    I don't use the rudder so why did I get a legendary rudder perk? Shouldn't the RNG at least offer us something that might be of use? Cause that got deleted as soon as it went into my bag! Please make te rewards relevant or allow us to choose! That's not how to reward players for being online all weekend. Thx

16. xArrogance

There are something like 10-12 possible legendary perks to get from this event, but each 35 coins spent gives you something valuable too.

17. Stalie

Stalie Member

You'll find that for this event you could only get one of 2 options for the event perks after spending 900 coins. The other 10 wasn't up for grabs. On my list it was rudder and speed boost perks. What perk did you get after spending 900 coins?

18. envylife

You should get any of the 12 offered, decided upon by RNGeezus. I got the Legendary Mortar perk.

19. Go Have A Napp