1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

5v5 event cap and kill Matchmaking rant

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nikeej, 20 Jul 2018.

1. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

This event has totally gotten me tilt.

Near 3 hours of grinding and 250 coins attained. This doesn't even translate to 2 coins on an average.

Getting matchmaked with ships higher MK than me.

150 gear score for a ship level difference is dirt cheap. And the difference between a ship level translate to 500hp and 5 armour for a Shooter Class.

What happend to last week match making? It was at least bearable, getting matched with near even ship levels. I was under the impression that event was all about skills and matchmaking is done with Gear score as the main factor.

TheAntiSnipe and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Lol, this Match making :D
    Screenshot_20180720-224316.jpg

3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

this matchmaking...is just ******* abnormal...
    the mk6 shooter used his mk3 defender but with op items

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Jul 2018
  4. Mad_Bulls_007

Last event Match making
    downloadfile-17.gif
    VS
    This event Match making
    200.gif

Last edited: 20 Jul 2018
  5. S2C

S2C Member

Wow i envy the guy with 4 lvl 1 legendary weapons that must be so much fun lol

6. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

My theory is as follows. Cause of all the people manipulating their gearscore by sticking legendary weapons on low MK boats with low level other gear, its driving a enough people away from the events that the game is finding it harder and harder to make fair matches due to the lower player pool.

7. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

possible, but consider this:
    in last event (and also the event before), it took approximately 30 seconds (at least for me) to find a match (and they were much more balanced), now it takes like 5 seconds to find a match but they are usually one-sided (all my battles)

8. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Sounds about right... I just came here to rant about 5v5 events because of 4 bad teamates makes me lose I don’t like, but I digress because I get stars anyways

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

5vs5 events are always bad. Doesn't matter as much matchmaking @everyone.
    What matters is: 5minute battles. That take forever. And if you lose. 0 to 3 coins.
    No Beuno!

At least the other events 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3....all were done in 3minutes or less.
    A loss in those events netted you average 3 to 6 coins.
    Faster events = Faster coins.

Get rid of the stupid 5vs5 stuff. And don't be stingy on coins.

What players want are coins and a way to earn them no matter the dumb teammates. Return to simpler events devs. And speed the events up. Get rid of 5min timers.

Just this sharks 2 cents.

10. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Now you have to actually win to get enough coins, which means if your team does bad then you have to suffer as well, even if you do most damage

11. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

so in short 5v5 events are garbage devs dont do this events

*JAWS* and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  12. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

This event's timer is 3 mins, just saying

13. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

They made 1 change. Whoopie. Lol. Still 5vs5. No beuno.

HappyUnicorn456 likes this.
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

They need to do matchmaking in a tight per-ship range rather than sum of GS per side. So easy, but baffled why it's still not implemented.

15. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

I'm a mk5 shooter, gs of around 7k and my infamy is only about 1600 (ok, not relevant for event). Why do I get matched to vs a mk7 speeder with t2 leg big torp and t1 leg grenades? How on earth is that fair? His captain level was 11 above me. That's massive.
    Seriously, the constant mk6's have been tilting me, but this took the cake. Seriously, fix it now and give us all free stuff because what you've done to match making is even worse than ever before.

16. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Meh I farmed 385 coins in 2 hours, using my best gear..matchmaking very good at my gearscore range event is 3min, when I get good team we all capture in 1min..all good no complaint here

17. Mad_Bulls_007

The match making is absolutely joke in this event. :mad: Why am I facing enimies with gear score above 1k compared to me. Also, the ship level. This feels like a normal match now, instead of TDM. :oops:
    Screenshot_20180721-080438.jpg

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  18. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

You think so too don't cha? My Biggest issue isn't gear score, but ship levels. At top ship level, even if they decide to lower their gear score by a bit, they will still outweighs us MK6's.

Last week was balanced Matchmaking with Ship to Ship level.

ShipCrusherCz and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  19. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

I think one of the reason is cuz many mk6/7 players use their lower ship to play at lower GS

20. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

No. It's the MK6's that gets dragged into mk7 fights that it is the issue.

Last week, I would say roughly 85% of the time , you are fighting same level ships.

MK6 getting dragged into MK7 fights in events are no different than the usual normal ranked match.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.