1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

4.0 Hotfix Notes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 20 Oct 2018.

1. Baselx

Baselx New Member

Hi.
    I have the same issue and I'm already written it in the forum .
    The update is great but the lag issue makes the game not smooth and if wanna say about my device can handle any game the internet fast like a rocket , i was on 7.0.0 version android on my device so i did upgrade it to 8.0.0 and still the same.
    Hope the Devs can see the solution on the app and fix it cuz many players have the same ( There is footage with some you tubers can see it clearly) so they have to forget that problem with our internet or devices.
    Regards
    Basel

2. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

Loading time is still way too long to be playable. 2.5 m on battle loading screen and 7 m on the game loading screen

JoshW likes this.
  3. LGV Michael e

LGV Michael e New Member

Hi
    Is there a new Update soon ?????
    Still having resolution problems
    Haven't been online since the first Update and wondering if it is posible to fix this resolution problem ?
    If not I have to start all over with new ship ☹️ ?
    Kind Regards Michael

4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Hey there Grim :) ! Just curious, is there any chances the guild fleet button(looking for fleet button on guild chat) is going to be fixed someday ?

5. Andrés~

Andrés~ New Member

When we can expect the new patch to release??
    It’s been days since I cannot play .
    Thanks

6. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Confirm that there is still an issue with low-resolution setting on the iPad Pro/iPad Air 2. It appears that the UI items overlay (hamburger, side icons) do not follow the low-res setting. Deleting and reinstalling fixes the issues, but I usually prefer to use low-res to "save battery" as on high-res, each 5-min battle seems to deplete the battery by 2-3%.

7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

8. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

JoshW likes this.
  9. Crybto

Crybto New Member

Do you think that the lag came somewhere else than from update if it started after update came out. I'm using 100/10mbit fibre connection with AC wifi. i think this internet connection is not bad. also i have normal ping for me and its 100-150ms. also this tells that i should not have lag.

Everyone knows that it came after version 4.0 update. so everyone knows that u changed too much that game with bad optimizations. If you think that u need newest devices to run game, u will lose most of your players from that game. example Snapdragon 820 lagging very much, and its not meant to lag with that. okay, there are newer snapdragon 845 but ppl got that lagging too.

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

FWIW I've been using an Android 6.0.1 Device with a Snapdragon 800 with 3G RAM on half resolution. It has always had severe lag with Napalm and excessive explosions. This CTF Event is filled with just that, so it's pretty rough for me to play.

I don't think CPU lag is increased that much, but this is also the first time I've heard so many complain about CPU lag, so I'm thinking it's not something the Devs can brush off to network lag. I have opened up threads requesting an option for Napalm and other explosions to be reduced so that older devices can still be usable... That's really the best way to support older devices.

11. Crybto

Crybto New Member

Tried on same wifi network (100/10mbit fibre with AC 5GHz wifi) another device with snapdragon 430 and 2GB ram with android 7.0 and everything was very smooth with normal resolution. So before that update my device worked perfect, why not now if u didnt change anything with that 4.0 update. So its not about my internet connection.

12. Yakima

Yakima New Member

low FPS,bad optimization

13. Yakima

Yakima New Member

and return the desing ship mk7 for 48.49.50 levels

14. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Can I get a dev reply about the invisible ships on wayward in ctf? Please? It seems like the most recent dev posts are on this thread so maybe this will get the most attention here. I first mentioned this on JULY 27th during the first ctf.... but please can we just know that it’s a known issue, any reply. Please watch!

P.S. loving 4.0 and this hotfix I know you guys are working hard and I love that, I’m sure you are probably aware of this wayward issue, just haven’t personally seen a reply about it which has been concerning me.

Last edited: 22 Oct 2018
    Yakima likes this.
  15. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hotfix Update:
    • Discord Link now works in the game
    • some of the other fixes are not live yet (I will update again once they are)
    I will indicate in the OP which fixes are live

Thank you everyone for your patience! :)

Yakima, Friscomachine and Djradnad like this.
  16. Yakima

Yakima New Member

and return the desing ship mk7 for 48.49.50 levels,please

17. The Grim Repair

That is not a bug but intentional so this won't happen.
    This thread here is to inform every player of the latest fixes to the game - to bugs, so unintended issues in the game.

18. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

1.) Turret rotating very slow and confusing when too many ships near.
    2.) Automatically avoid obstacles when using cruise control not working
    3.) Phone over heating.
    4.) Battery draining very fast compared to previous version.
    5.) Suddenly game was lagging and stuck-ng in middle of battle when all are attacking at a time.
    6.) Defender ship yet looking old design and looking dull compared to other ships.
    7.) lost sugar 14lakhs+ in captain training. after update lost sugar, not restored not even training completed.

one major bug not yet fixed from 2.0v to 4.0v..lol
    SEASON HAS ENDED

Screenshot_2018-10-22-07-31-01-93.jpg

19. The Grim Repair

1) Do you mean Autopilot? What obstacles did you have trouble with driving around? Can you give a specific example / replay showing that?
    2) Overheated phones are not a thing developers can solve
    3) Batter draining - also an issue only you can solve depending on what devices you buy
    4) Lag - I assume you mean internet lag, connected to your internet connection - we had discussed this with you before, this is something only an improved internet connection can solve (for example also: no wfi or a very stable wifi)
    5) MK7 designs are an intended change
    6) Sugar: the migration and how it works is clearly explained in the 4.0 Update patch notes. Sugar was not refunded in any way and only started training was completed. There are no bugs with this.
    7) Season End - Season will be looked at as a whole system some time in the future - so no changes to it with this Update.

Rogue Blueberry likes this.
  20. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

1.) YES, obstacles not working, its touching the wall and suffering to move from it. previously with some gap it was moved, now its touching, i will give replay, let me check.
    2.) Previous version not having any issue.
    3.) previous version, no issue at all. i am using oppo f3 plus, 4000mah battery no heating issue nor draining issue till now, its all only after update. previously if i play 45games it drains to 20% from 90%, now just 30 games its going to 20%.
    4.) See always this is a covr drive from devs, there is issue with lag even in wifi connections after this update. not with one or two members, there is the same issue with many people. hope not all will have same problem at same time.
    5.) defender only looking dull and old, try to make it even mk6 model.
    6.) i did not find any change. ok let it be then.
    7.) ok, but it was not updated from 1year+