1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

3600 inf range

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by THE ONE (sniper), 21 Nov 2017.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don’t usually play expecting it to crit, because it’s too random. But on the flip side I sometimes hit a speeder on about 50% health, not even expecting it to die, and suddenly ! It’s vaporised. It still always makes me go :eek:

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lol tru dat. But I still find that blast with burn perks is crazy good. I can sometimes hover around my target evading shots after insta shooting them with my first flare+blast shot, and the flare burns for me go upto 14.5 seconds(bad training), so I can chain TWO 800+ shots in a 14 second interval. It's crazy

THE ONE (sniper) likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Yeah if youre using flare, fire damage perks are a no brainer lol

4. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

Hes not talking about his perks. Talking about his blast canon dmg output

5. THE ONE (sniper)

THE ONE (sniper) Member

What do you mean 2 800+ dmg shots in 14 secs. I thought blast can reload was 11 or 12 secs

6. TheAntiSnipe

It is! But I can land two shots in 14 seconds because I can duel very well
    Basically, I use the general cooldown very well. Fire a flare, and when the flare is flying through the air, switch to blast. The general cooldown ends, fire blast. Just when the meter for blast is more than 3/4th, fire off nitro, you skip the general cooldown. Fire blast.

THE ONE (sniper) likes this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

Thought I might post some more screen caps, since we’re discussing it. These are all from my last 4 games this morning.

These two are from the same game: crit kill on Speeder, and big damage on a Defender.

77427ED4-AD87-48C8-8E2A-06F646301122.png D96BE551-53D0-4925-873A-4D1895722816.png

I didn’t find a crit on the game before that (though I didn’t land many shots in that game).

Previous game: first kill was a crit kill. Could have managed that with extra damage, but wasn’t hurt by not having it, in this case.
    75F0711C-C368-4E14-9CA1-6D7CDAB804F3.png

Game bafore that, I landed this one on a speeder, which felt great because he kept stunning me. When I finally managed to stun him back and then 1310! damage, I was totally like “Hah! Take that!”, and then another 600 from exploding cannon... he ran away after that (which was lucky, because I Nitroed into a wall and got stuck for ages :( )
    124A7CE5-1F33-4972-B5CA-6F5C1CE61C74.png

So I’m guessing I average about 1 crit per game, but it depends a lot on how many shots I land. In the game when I got 2, I would have been top damage, even without the crits. In the game where I got zero, my team won, but I didn’t land many shots myself (mostly stuns). So how aggressive you are probably has a big impact on how ‘worth it’ the crit perks are.

Last edited: 22 Nov 2017
  8. TheAntiSnipe

I was thinking about using multiple perks to "fine-tune" my blast cannon, at the cost of some fire damage. Definately not range perks, but I was thinking something along the lines of cooldown. Maybe.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

I’ve often wondered about range perks on BC. I have quite a lot of them in my inventory, but the cost of switching all my perks to try them out, and then switching back... erghh! So expensive.

I’ve never really considered cooldown perks. Mainly because the amounts are so small, it hardly seems worth it. I guess if you wanted to drag an ExC inside you Flare for a second shot it would be worth it, but that’s quite specific.

I definetly recommend a decent crit perk if you can spare a slot. Even when my crit chance was only 4% with 2x uncommon perks, I still picked up quite a few crit kills. So even one epic perk would probably still be noticeable.

10. TheAntiSnipe

Actually, I don't want to ever use crit perks on the blasty, I like my weapons to be 100% predictable. Enough RNG in this game xD. The reason I plan on using one cooldown perks is because 10.8 instead of 11.2 seconds between shots not only slightly throws off the enemy's rhythm, it also allows me to comfortably fit two long range led shots(aim and everything) within one flare duration. It could change everything.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  11. ViscountSniffit

I think if you did that, it would be much more powerful than what you have. It’s a great idea. Being able to consistently land the second shot inside the burn is going to be much more powerful than a bit of extra damage on 1 shot.

I’m guessing you don’t have Bhurt 23 and 27 yet, so you’ll probably be replacing some of the lost burn damage with crew training soon(ish), anyway. If you’re happy with the damage, but it’s tight landing the second shot, then I say go for it.

12. TheAntiSnipe

Ya, that was what I was thinking. Maybe I could be cooler than Blacktail(unlikely xD)