1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing 3.2 Ship agility balance (13/09)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 13 Sep 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Turkett,

Please, post your thoughts in the following thread: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/why-would-battle-bay-devs-change-the-game.21981/page-5

This one is about the hotfix for the update, so a different topic.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Flint

2. :•ธมอ•:Gã£เFฅ13

:•ธมอ•:Gã£เFฅ13 New Member

Bonjour je suis pas un nouveau joueur j'ai 30k de partir dernier mon et je reste déçu sur les rééquilibrage des armes maintenant le bateau peuvent encarté le mouvement du bateaux déjà que les mortiers et les torpilles fessais pas le poids contre les canons en terme d'efficacité vous aviez aggravé ce symptôme du jeu que connaît vous faire ?

3. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I also having this problem i think.. i thought waves gotten bigger..lol

4. Punisher

Punisher New Member

noooo why you guys reduced the fixer turret agility :(:( it was great the way it was, I use 2 repair bolt and I was doing great with it, why you have to force this on everyone :mad: it's not fair just because some people didn't know how to play in the new adjusted agility level you lower it to everyone else and force everyone to play at a specific agility speed, it would have been better if you made it adjustable in the option menu this way it would be fair for everyone.

5. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

They can’t simply put a “slider” on the agility because then the game will be unbalanced with some ships being less agile than others and at a disadvantage. Which is why I think they did the update in the first place, a level playing field for all ships (as far as agility anyway). Also on the other side of that coin people could put their agility way down to tank infamy.

6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

That is simply not true, why do many people say this? Before the update you had the choice to fit a rudder or gear lube. Was it unbalanced then? Nope! Same goes for shield, turbos, etc. A game should have the choice to adjust the things to your ability and liking, not one for everyone. I want less agility, so why would that be unfair or a disadvantage?

And people could put their agility down to tank Infamy you say. Really? You don't need that, just play as bad as you can. I saw 2 of those yesterday, a Fixer with a T1 rare weapons, 1 green slot open and the weakest shield he had (on his other ship I could see a shield 2x as strong and t4 epic weapons) in a normal battle. His season high was 1900 Inf, now he was at 1100 Infamy, which proofed what I thought, a cheater! Thanks to him or her we lost.

But tankers hardly get penalties, which is clear by the number of them doing it.

Regards,
    Flint

guykakin and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed a similar issue, but it has been going on for ages. I’m able to see a boat on top of a high wave, but for some reason my target aims straight down into the wave.

I apologise for the crudity of this drawing, but it is difficult to record these things, so I’m having to use some crappy finger painting app on my phone. This is essentially what I see...

C62E8E6E-3FA3-4AB5-837C-43FA4892B31D.jpeg

The green circle being where my target aims.

Now, I realise there is a certain amount of parallax between my camera and the gun, meaning I might be able to see things I can’t quite hit. But if I manually lead the shot upwards then often I actually can get a hit, especially with the arc on my gun, which makes me feel it’s just the targeter not trying hard enough.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2018
  8. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, I don't connect with art, but this is awesome!!!
    [​IMG]
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO MORE ART LIKE THIS!!!
    Yes, and the same problem happens when the enemy is lower on the wave, and the green circle would be above them. Their position is not even close to the extreme you are showing in the fingerpainting. (seriously is awesome!!! please post without the green oval it will be my ipad homescreen!)

9. Blitz

Blitz Member

I have never imagined that I would sign up but I had to write a post regarding these recent hot fixes.
    Why would nerf speeder????
    My infamy got dropped from 1300s to freaking 800s.
    I think the devs did well on the permanently increasing the ship agility but you are making it difficult for us to play.

10. HappyUnicorn10

HappyUnicorn10 Member

Yes agree targetting is bad.

11. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

Its kinda funny when you are starting to get used to the changes, then baaaam another adjustment. Lol but good job devs

12. SlayerofSergeants

[​IMG]

13. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    It's very abstract lookin' (probably not intended though :D)

14. SlayerofSergeants

Im not the star here, credit where credit is due, Viscount has some skills :rolleyes:

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  15. Osviel Rosales

Osviel Rosales New Member

I love this game u should make it for Xbox

Flint likes this.
  16. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Wow nice:):)

Osviel Rosales likes this.
  17. Osviel Rosales

Osviel Rosales New Member

Yeah if u think about it wouldn’t look cool and hav a story line

18. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

ITS DIFFICULT TO USE REPAIR BOLT BY FIXERS...UNABLE TO CONTROL...ITS HARD. can you do any thing for it...else all stop using repair blot slowly...as unable to manage it when moving

19. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

And PC as well. This is the only game of this kind, so I bet they should explore new market and give an option to use a controller and VR ;).

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Repair bolt works very well, I've seen fixers bolt me at huge ranges, even post 3.2. You need to adjust to the new settings; In fact I heard a lot of fixers saying that the update was really good for them.

Aether_Zero likes this.