1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

2.8 Update Item Status

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gnu, 14 Mar 2018.

?

Agree or Disagree?

1. Agree

61.3%
  2. Disagree

38.7%
  1. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Cure is move sniper critical chance training further up Bhurt. Training Tree. And move ex cannon trainings further down the bhurt Tree.

Swap their placement. Then mk.2 thru mk5 boats won' be dealing with sniper spam.

Remember at end game. Nitemare league. Sniper is just a cannon. Everyone here has massive h.p.

2. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Also to be considered is any weapon armed more than twice....should see an automatic damage reduction of 25 percent each weapon when you have 3 or more.
    3 snipers...25 percent reduction.

Or 3 mines...25 percent reduction

3 standard mortars armed. 25 percent reduction.

Anytime a boat arms 3 of the same weapon. Most likely they cost their team. And are only doing it to quest. Not for winning sake.

Translation. They need to be carried to victory.

Plus this will also end lower league weapon spamming.

Jaws
    @The Grim Repair @Miika @Dmg don

Last edited: 15 Mar 2018
  3. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I don't like that idea. All weapons has a job, advantages and disadvantages. Some players wanna do this job better than other setups. Dual carronades for better melee fights, dual napalm for better control, triple railgun for pure long range bursts etc. No matter what weapon it is, there is a unchanging common point: if you wanna those advantages so much, you must take risks of that weapon's disadvantages. There is a problem about that for sniper cannon. If you running two or triple of this weapon, what you earns and what you losses just aren't equal because it is too versatile for a 1 point weapon and with that cooldown. That is the problem i talking about.

TheAntiSnipe and ThatOnion like this.
  4. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    No. Cause if you got a a 30% crit chance, that means I that 111 seconds of staying alive, you’ll deal 3 crit shots. 30%=.3 tenths or 3/10. 3 crits our of every ten

wtfack likes this.
  5. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I never said Dual. Your very own words.

Ie. 2 of a weapon. Should be fine.

I am talking players in the bay arm sometimes up to 4 or 5 mines. 4 or 5 mortars. All of the same weapon in order to do quests. These players are liabilities. Fact.

And are only there to be carried.

There should be a penalty. Since common sense didn't stop them.

A 25 percent per weapon reduction when arming 3 of the same weapon or more.

Needs to happen.

Or better yet. Devs. Make it impossible to arm more than 3 of any item. Any. Weapon or item. Or duct tape. Impossible.

Jaws

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Jaws, the problem is, this will definately work and all that. But what about sniper cannons? Using three of them is still gonna be okay with most, because they are really powerful(talking about Master here).

Nikkie! and Hokuse like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Actually it isn't about overboost, mate. You can really HIT targets using shooter and defender HARD. All you gotta do is shoot like you're a speeder. Turn your ship with your turret when fighting a speeder.

These playstyles are dying imo because sniper cannons are so easy to use and shooters do not need these styles to take out speeders, because they can just engage them with snipes.

Nikkie! and Hokuse like this.
  8. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Completely disagree with the Tesla bolt since the last update

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Master gets fixed by reworking Bhurt Training tree. Choice1.

I think most players won't arm 3 weapons knowing each is 25% weaker. Choice 2.
    Or devs just preventing ships from arming 3 of same weapons. Choice 3.

Honestly I am in favor of any or all of these options. I get annoyed having to carry teammates who are so busy questing they bring 5 mortars to a fight in nitemare. Completely useless.

Jaws

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

I think the best solution is to remove the two +25% extra crit damage talents from Bhurt, and it will be about equally powerful as a blast cannon.
    Remember the missile launcher nerf. So little people used it in non-Nightmare ranks, and when it was nerfed, so many people questioned the nerf.

11. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    It is only a chance of the shot critting. With each shot, there’s RNG that decides if it’s going to crit. So on am average, you’ll get 3 crits out of 10 shots, but you can also get 10 or 0 crits out of 10 shots. That number above is your chance of not hitting a crit if you fire 11 shots in a row.

12. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

No crits makes no sense. Sniper always crits. Plus if you get 10/10 it’s a bigger fraction that just reduces back down to 3/10. Your just really lucky and getting those crits.

13. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Alright, if you are trolling, please stop.

It’s a chance to crit, which means that on average, crits are 3/10. But with luck, you can get 10/10 or on the other hand 0/10. To get like 5-7/10 crits in one game is just some luck. But in the long run, the amount of crits is roughly 30 %. But for short periods, it can be anything from every shot critting to no shots critting.

LimeOnMars likes this.
  14. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m not trolling you bro! I’m just laying down the math.

15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Complete disagreement with no reasoning is not worth much... It is still extremely effective at it's job. It was Tier 1-2 before the nerf. Now it hovers between Tier 3-4. I think it is actually Tier 3 right now, but the increased prevalence of Tesla Shield makes it seem worse.

16. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I don't care about nerfs buffs or whatever anymore. Just bring everything back to the way it was during global. Fix the frost, fix firebomb, bring back old overboost, Tesla shield , Tesla bolt, 10% fire/frost talents, old ex cannon with 100% impact, 8x carronade.. etc etc..

Problem is not the sniper. Problem is that you keep nerfing everything but sniper to dirt.
    Even old sniper with 7% extra damage wasn't op because everything else was just as powerful. Now that everything else is trash compared to sniper, of course everyone would slap extra snipers on boat than any other weapon.

Devs have nobody but themselves to blame for this mess. You had perfectly balanced items and weapon variety but you turned it into sniper/firebomb spamshow with your constant 'item balancing'.

Swag, *JAWS*, FearsomeChicken and 4 others like this.
  17. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

You are genious! Srsly! So simple and effective method!))

*JAWS* likes this.
  18. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Eye of Doom.

If they would go back to Global launch with weapons as originally intended. Game would improve massively. Plus less overuse of the same items over and over. Variety is reborn by going back.

If not....time to buff and nerf more stuff.

wtfack and TheAntiSnipe like this.