1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

2.8 Update Item Status

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gnu, 14 Mar 2018.

?

Agree or Disagree?

1. Agree

61.3%
  2. Disagree

38.7%
  1. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I tested, tonight, sometimes it does fix when the bolt hit (what I think to be a bug), sometimes it doesn't.
    The healing after removing the stun worked well every time.

2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Yeah, I this case it does.

3. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

And what will happen to players who use RARE snipers? You do not care about them at all? Only about yourself and think?
    Most players use a rarу sniper with 30% crit chance. With "your nerf" the crit chance will be 15-17% ?? Realy??? And this is in view of the fact that snipers without crit are a normal cannon. Rare snipers will become useless! I somehow keep silence, that snipers do not make crit for Tesla shield?
    You think only of yourself personally!

rubby33 and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  4. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

If the opponent has the heal block talent on the Tesla bolt (not everyone does) it will stop the repair bolts heal part but remove the stun part. If they then pick up a box or have a pulse on them it will do nothing. Unless they take damage then the heal block is removed. There’s a few comments in the bug section on it and the devs confirmed that it’s still there and will be fixed.
    Normally targets are taking fire however no healing would happen in the following situation for example. Friendly gets hit by 3 firebombs (say 20s each) and then Tesla bolted 15s duration with heal block talent (booo). You remove stun instantly. Friendly can now return fire at unfriendlys (yay). However you now throw all your healing abilities at the friendly to deal with the three firebombs that’s are eating away it’s health. As you instantly removed the Tesla bolt you have to wait 15s until any healing stuff will work on the friendly or some unfriendly hits them.

wtfack and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  5. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Snipers are very ove powered. They take out a third of my health. Their long range and ability to do a crap tone of damage is ok. It’s uo close that doesn’t make sense. I agree with what @Gnu said about snipers, they shouldn’t really crit so close to the ship.

In fact, why not make this the case with all cannons.

6. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what i have been trying to say.. Just think about the f2p players once and then decide.. But these speeders and Enforcers just don't care..
    They just care about themselves too much:(

I get it a sniper crit may deplete half of the hp of speeder or Enforcer. But saying that, it doesn't crit Everytime.. U have to be lucky for a crit. And these speeders just hide and come back with almost full health.. so, leave the sniper alone:rolleyes:

7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

1. It does seem to heal some of the time.
    2. When it doesnt heal it also fails to clear the healblock portion of the stun. I.e. stun gets removed but the target cant be healed for the full stun duration.
    3. Devs have stated that its a bug that will get fixed & that a Repair Bolt that removes stun should also heal.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  8. Rainbow Warrior

Thank you :D I didn't notice that was hapenning, probably because at my infamy not everyone has the heal block talent active :)

Kitterini likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, no. I do NOT think of myself personally. Let me get that clear. I know how much it hurts to have a setup hit hard. And I don't wanna inflict that on anyone. I DO NOT ask for irresponsible nerfs, unlike so many SHOOTERS have, getting speeder and enfo nerfed SUCCESSIVELY since last year. Sayin' it like it is.

All I want is two things:
    1. A rebalancing of the talent tree, spread the talents to make it viable but not OP in midgame. The sniper cannon as it is right now can crit(at rare t3-t4) for about 1100+ in Master 2-1, which by the way ONCE HAD mk4 speeders with 1700+ health(barely), which by the way are now below 1400 struggling to be in Master despite their skills. Because SOMEBODY compensated even the vertical lead for sniper cannons in 2.8. Way to go. Wow. *Applause*.
    So speeders now have a 30% chance of dying within the first 30 seconds of a match. How awesome!

2. Some arrangement(any arrangement) to make the sniper cannon users think of the sniper cannon as more of a long range weapon than a frickin' shotgun. Currently, it is okay to run just a snipe. The game has made the sniper cannon feasible as a closerange weapon as well. This should not be the case. Simple as that.
    Editing to comment, @Hokuse said that the crit chance will decrease AT CLOSE RANGE. Which literally means that you are one of those people who brawl using a sniper cannon, exactly the feature we want to kill.

Like, seriously man?

10. TheAntiSnipe

The real threat is in three things:
    1. Master 2-1, the talent trees allow for the full potential of sniper cannons to be unlocked too early.
    2. Close range, since the sniper cannon is called the sniper cannon, not the crit-at-all-ranges cannon.
    3. YOU reading just @wtfack's post and not looking at the nerf suggested by @Hokuse;). Hokuse was not suggesting the DIRECT NERF to crit chance; rather a nerf to "close combat" snipers, which, I think, should not be an encouraged playstyle.

11. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

I'm a fixer, lol. And do not cry about speeders mk4, the situation with mk4 fixers and enforceers is the same. And no weapon in the far-middle distance, except for the sniper, is able to kill the yellow one. He will just "fly" at super-speed in front of his nose, when all bullets, napalms, fire bombs, ALL MORTARS are missing. Find at least one weapon against high-speed "yellows"? Caronade? Really? Do you offer shooters and defenders to catch up to close range from "yellows"? that's funny.

And why does not anyone talk about the crit chance? chance! for the whole match a sniper can not even make a any crit!
    You suggested reducing the crit chance near, but after that the nerf sniper is completely useless. This decision will kill this weapon. Therefore, developers will never do this.

The problem is not in the sniper, but in donators, who abuse it for fan of 5 slots.

The statistics show that the cannon blast is much more popular than the sniper now. No one developer will not nerf the weapons that less players use.

Once again I will ask - give me at least one weapon against the "yellows" ones?

*JAWS* likes this.
  12. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess this thread has also become a SNIPER Nerf thread ..lol.:D

ThatOnion, wtfack and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  13. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

traditions can not be violated)

14. Rainbow Warrior

Railgun? Mines? :D I don't think sniper is OP, btw, just answering the question ;)

wtfack and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  15. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

and yet napalm in which the blind speeder will fall asleep and die :)

16. Rainbow Warrior

LOL

17. TheAntiSnipe

I'll give you two; I can hit speeders all day with my flare blast. Two examples:

One more, on a particularly dodgy target:
    (Last battle)

Nikkie!, wtfack, Hokuse and 2 others like this.
  18. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Right. Chance.
    Let’s say that you fire 10 shots, which would mean that you would stay alive for a minimum of 111 seconds. You have a crit chance of 30% = 3/10.
    So the math looks like this
    B9E8CB55-AEAE-4039-A7CF-146CC34227D0.jpeg
    And gives us the result of
    30EFFB6E-CEED-46AF-B4DF-9C3046114B7E.jpeg
    Or 0,000059049 % ~ 0,00006 %.
    So you’ll be left without crits in an average of 1 in 166 667 matches roughly. Sounds very fair, right?

Feel free to doublecheck my math.

19. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

based on the logic of your wonderful "math", do you think nobody had matches with a snipers critical shot?)))
    Antisnipe, sure!! good videos! but it remains only shooters and defenders to stick overboost and they will also easy kill speeders
    p.s. sorry for english, i hope you understand the meaning of messages

Last edited: 15 Mar 2018
  20. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

What?

ThatOnion and A55A51N like this.