1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

2.8 Update Item Status

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gnu, 14 Mar 2018.

?

Agree or Disagree?

1. Agree

61.3%
  2. Disagree

38.7%
  1. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Created a list so you know which items are viable and not viable this patch. This is what i've gathered from field studying a lot of games and the items.

Strong items

Fire Bombs - Mainly due to the fact that of the stupid hit box glitch. Use this item correctly, it'll be very rewarding.

Flare Gun - Stacking Flare Gun heal blockers affects most healing items. Commonly used on Enforcers.

Snipers - A mostly used shooter item, you can crit for full damage at close range which is logically stupid.

Tesla Shields - Very annoying to deal with, especially when you have them taking up an explosive cannon shot.

Coming Back Into the game

Napalm - It has been used more regularly now. The napalm is such a vital crowd control weapon.

Railgun - Carrying multiple Railguns allows you to one hit most tesla shields. The damage hurts too.

Duct Tape - The invention of the selfish fixer allowed this item not to suck and have a purpose.

Repair Bolt - Just a way lot better counterpart to the box.

Affected this patch

Stun Bolt - Increase of cooldown hurt most speeder's kits and playstyles. Some speeders went to Enforcer this patch or they went with nitro instead of tesla bolt.

Explosive Cannon - The range reduction didn't hurt that much, but the cooldown did.

Healing items (Bandage included) - Flare Gun healing debuff stacks so. These items are affected. There is also a tesla bolt heal block glitch that needs fixing.

Ok Spot

Blast and Standard Cannon - They're still viable.

Big and Swift Torpedo - They are still strong, as their splash damage is what makes them a good handy weapon to have.

LR, BB and BP Mortars - A good weapon for raining hell from above.

Missiles - Good damage, just hard to use.

Turbo - By far the most essential item in the game.

Repair Pulse - Group healing OP.

Blue item shields - Also another essential item.

Needs notice

Gear Lubes and Rudders - By far utterly the worst blue items in the game.

Carronades - An untouched weapon, the only recent buff gave it range. Unreliable weapon.

Repair Box - Repair Bolt is it's more significant counter part. Crit chance for box also not working correctly.

Triple Torpedos - After the arc nerf, this weapon became completely useless.

Frost Items - Global Frost nerf killed this item.

Standard Mortar - Least popular of the 4 mortars. We think should be similar way with the standard cannon.

~The Saviours

Will make one next patch. See you soon!

Last edited: 14 Mar 2018
  2. Blueee

Blueee Active Member

Always In The Bay!!
    Yup I agree...

Realises has nothing else to say

Yeah- I agree :D

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

True determinations, you have summarized situations right now as well.

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

You forgot the healing items issue with Tesla bolt heal block not being removed by bolt (assuming they have the talent).
    Repair box crit talents still not functioning correctly (another reason for bolt over box)

FataMorgana88 and wtfack like this.
  5. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Editing :)

Nikkie! likes this.
  6. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

topic of the "dreaming"?))

7. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Standard mortar with 5 sec cool down wouldn’t be very effective unless the speed increased... It would be really fun tho

8. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I do agree with all of these except the Carronade and big/swift torp.
    Carronades actually does what they are supposed to do, they aren't weak - low cd, high dmg. Literally the strongest weapon against the yellow ships, pretty easy to use after the range buff IMO. Most of the people doesn't use it cuz it has low range and it's very compromising for the OB/nitro users.
    Ducttape heals the user only, flare gun's healing reduction talent strongly affects it, so does the tesla bolt. so I think it's a balanced item. There are many more other stupid players than selfish fixers (tri tape users) thou.
    I personally don't feel like big/swift torp falls in 'ok spot'. Instead they should be in the 'strong item' list.
    Btw the standard mortar needs a good buff/change, it's the most lacking weapon.

Hokuse likes this.
  9. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

I think you right. Carronade is an unreliable weapon but definitely not a weak.

Reorge likes this.
  10. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I did not say they were weak, i said that the buffs did not affect their reliability. Thus, to this date this weapon still sucks. Only being able to kill yellow boats or fixers, is one of the only reasons to use this weapon. Other then that, it just feels like a waste of a slot. Especially on two slot speeder.

People only say that torpedos are overpowered, is because they are too busy not being able to dodge them, or not knowing the capabilities of them. Keep in mind the frost nerf also affected torpedos as well. But sometimes, torpedos are unpredictable and that is the only fair thing about them i have to say.

Nikkie! and Shadow Moon! like this.
  11. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

So are the mines. Mines are not reliable either, one shouldn't use all carronades/mines. Carronade deals impressive dmg with slow down effect, ok range, low cd. From my experience carronade works fine against those shooters who doesn't put defense perks on their shields. Buff will make them way more powerful I believe
    Torps are really not that easy to dodge thou, specially when people keeps spamming them. Frost definitely needed a nerf, but I do agree that the nerf was too harsh and totally killed freezing. But still torps are best in close combat. Swift torps are impossible to dodge when used from close range. Big torps are game changers, in many situations if you're a shooter/defender you just have to give up if you see one coming towards you lol. The splash radius is just ridiculous. The speeders with a big torp are a nightmare esp to shooters/defenders, they will make you dizzy and you can't even tell when and from where they will shoot a torp at you

What's Up Player likes this.
  12. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

hands all the way from carronade! carronade is OK! stop it at all to discuss, so that the poor carronade is not affected by the developers

13. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

My bolt is removing stuns... What am I missing? Aren't the other healing items fixing after we remove the stun? I didn't notice anything...

wtfack likes this.
  14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Um... you left off mines.. They need to be up with "Strong Items". They are at least as good, if not better than Napalm right now.

I think you are underestimating some weapons. I'm going to make what I would consider the current Tier list.

Reorge and FirnenAhead like this.
  15. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Here is how I currently view the meta. Please do not take offense to anything and if you disagree, let's just discuss it. Listed in tiers and then tried to order them within their tiers as well. Note that I kept BP and LR mortars as balanced because they are used well everywhere except for the highest infamy. It's very difficult to take a meta snapshot across all infamies because the nightmare meta is different than everything below it.

meta snapshot.PNG

Also note that when I say that Tesla Shield is OP, I am specifically talking about double Tesla Shield Enforcers. It is balanced for single use on Speeder/Enforcer, but the Double Bubble is clearly OP.

16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Because that's what I got for a Legendary :(

17. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

okay.gif

P.S.... I got a Grenade :)

18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Please remove standard canon from list, i m saving those... I regret scrapping them (love that weapons) Underrated like Grenade, buff will make it OP i guarantee

Shadow Moon! and Reorge like this.
  19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

My impression is that it's pretty widely agreed upon that the Standard Cannon is outclassed by the other 3 cannons everywhere except the very lowest infamies. Can you use it? Yea, it's the easiest to use weapon in the game.. But your global DPS will be lower with 5 Standard Cannons rather than 5 Blast Cannons. I'm willing to change it if enough people chime in and agree with you.

ThatOnion likes this.
  20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Rudder and gear lube are balanced, their effects are noticeable and very strong. It is the shields and turbo that are OP. They are not optional, they are heavily relied upon and can make differences of 1000+ infamy by equipping them. Definitely the most powerful items in the game to have on your ship.