1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

1195 infamy at lv. 14 using uncommon items and only 1 rare? it's possible...

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Caturerig, 23 Dec 2017.

1. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

In last season I ran up to about 1275 in a M2 shooter. My observations about that are:
    • That was too high... even assuming I have some god-like skill. As another poster pointed out, even when I played perfectly and got great damage numbers they were eclipsed by everyone else on the team. When I played less than perfectly I got killed in seconds. A M2 with tier 2 uncommon gear should not be playing against M5's with T4 epics.
    • I think I caught a "bubble". My more natural infamy level seems to be about 750 or so. I think I caught a bubble of "good team mates" playing at the right date and time and that carried me up to the 1200's. Eventually I fell down again to more reasonable levels.
    • It's great practice. When EVERYONE can two-shot you with pretty much all of their weapons then there's some great incentive to learn how to drive. That practice stands me in good stead in more reasonable battles.
    What I think is that pretty much any player not playing "casually" should be able to catch such a bubble and presto... 1200 infamy. I'm just glad that the system saw the error of it's ways and dropped me back down again. I agree on the sniper canon (LOL, as do all the other players). It is a great weapon... arguably a bit OP right now. I run a canon, sniper canon, and long range mortar. That weapon combo lets me get in and "knife fight" for some serious damage yet still allows for both medium and long-range hitting power.

2. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

no but sniper allows the mk2s to hide behind other friendly ships which helps survival

Caturerig likes this.
  3. Caturerig

Caturerig New Member

Uncommon items T2 are still very good if used up to captain level 16 or 17. So, these items (sniper canon, long-range mortar) are very well chosen by new players who are still confused about their weapons. And why do I choose long-range's weapons? Because at the low level (level 16 currently) I don't have a good defense yet.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  4. Snapshot

My solution to being two-shot was dual turbos. No amount of armor was going to going to save me when I'm that out gunned. But not getting hit helps a ton. For me, dual turbos and learning to drive/aim was what helped. That, and to quote the old song, "You gotta know when hold 'em and know when to fold 'em." I'm still learning that :)

vis1234567899 likes this.
  5. Caturerig

Caturerig New Member

Screenshot_20171227-212648.png
    And... is this normal or fate? lol.. this is my last infamy at lv. 16 (1358 infamy), but.. i changed it to epic one to help my teammates destroy the enemies..

6. vis1234567899

U have epic skills mate, the way i am only 250infamy above u after 2000 battles more but do u spend money as u have a lot of pearls

7. Caturerig

Caturerig New Member

no dude, i haven't spent money for this game. I finish a lot of achievements to get more pearls n watch ads if I won the game...

8. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    1900 pearls is not a lot xD

Your point about good practice I totally agree with. Months ago when I was playing a mk4 speeder around 2.5k health I made it up to 2.5k infamy and eventually, right before mk5, 2.9k infamy (https://i.imgur.com/dYVn0CV.png - what setup I rocked). I was for sure punching above my weight and most of the time just getting carried, but It definitely taught me to be wise with my movements as to avoid unnecessary hits. I still get hit when it could be avoided but it definitely helps to train this aspect when every 2 shots you die lol

Last edited: 28 Dec 2017
    Snapshot and vis1234567899 like this.
  9. Caturerig

Caturerig New Member

but, mate .. 1900 pearls are too much i think. I only have 507 wins and let's say if every 1 match I won then get 2 pearls from ads then it's only about 1014 pearls. But i have 1900 pearls, so .. it's too much. imo :D

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Where you at right now? I'm going to put up a little end-of-the-year vid showcasing what I learned due to the custom battle feature with a player called Skeletal King, one of India's only Nightmare speeders who is also F2P. You two should meet up.

11. vis1234567899

yes that is why i asked

Caturerig likes this.
  12. Snapshot

Just graduated to my M4... bankrupting myself to do it. My gold supply is recovering and I'm working my uncommons and rares up to level 30. Most are at 25-ish. I am testing out turbo/bandages instead of dual turbo. The jury's out on that one.

It'd be interesting to see what a really skilled speeder can do to me... particularly if he's expecting the weapon loadout I have. Most don't really expect me to be able to deliver as much "up close punch" as I do. Most shooters load a lot of slots into stuff that's useless in a knife fight. My guess is that skill would rule and I'd be crushed. But man I'd learn a lot as I sunk under the waves :)

13. vis1234567899

This would be fun to see

14. Jamel H.

Jamel H. Active Member

Awesome feedback!

15. Snapshot

I've been pondering if I want to swap over to speeder and it looks like my guesses as to how that'd work with "my play style" (your's too apparently LOL) were pretty accurate. I'd sure miss the canon. It ensures that at short & mid-range I ALWAYS have a weapon ready to shoot. On the other hand... I lust after your nitro :) I could have endless fun playing the "no you can't hit me" game. My shooter gained a level and lost a turbo... significantly reducing it's overall speed with a corresponding reduced ability to dodge.

Your videos definitely convinced me the next boat I push to M4 will be a speeder and in the mean time I'm going to start playing one regularly.

(Well... your videos and whichever youtube streamer came up with the "back shot". Oh yes, I can see myself laughing watching a big torp hit them from behind while their turret turned too slowly to see it coming. I'm sure that'll take a fair bit of practice but I'm a bad person and I just have this visceral need...)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. vis1234567899

What videos, :p:p:p
    but let me tell u from experience changing ship is quite hard especially for someone as inexperienced as i was. I was stuck at 1000 infamy from 1000 to 2500 battles played due to me needing to get totally new builds and due to me not having a proper build as i love to switch around

17. Snapshot

Insofar as boat switching... it was always my plan to get both to M4 and then decide. I've been hoarding various things. I just spent a bit of time playing a M2 speeder with utter crap gear... basically level 1 rare stuff. Even so it was exhilarating and if only I knew how to use a torpedo I'd be deadly LOL.

I'm not to worried about being stuck at low infamy. I manage my infamy agressively to keep it low enough that the fights aren't simply stupid. In fact, I'd love being able to actually play to my abilities without fear of the match making system. If playing a gimped speeder accomplishes that then it's a double win while I level it up.

18. TheAntiSnipe

Hehe that would be me.

Around two mins into the vid.
    I'm not a stramer tho.

Caturerig likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

1. When I did play shooter, I used turbo+ std shield. Bandages on a shooter are good if you are artillery, but if you play brawler(which you do), you need a little more armor there. The small shield may also come in handy on defenders and mk4 speeder and enfo.

Also, knifefighting shooters should ideally use gear lube as well, since you need to cope with our turn speed. @Eeyore has a great build for that, though he's rarely a knifer.

Eeyore likes this.
  20. Snapshot

I've gone back and forth over the shield vs. bandage thingie. I suspect, at least with the gear I have available, that it's a toss-up. The bandages appeal to me in that I can get a second lease on life. Yesterday I sailed into the enemy team, cut down both their healers and got back out again with 90 HP. By the time I'd gotten around the rocks and back into the fight (from a much safer distance) I was back up to being able to withstand a shot or maybe two. In the end, I suspect I like bandages just because I prefer "tricksy" to brute force. It makes time one of my weapons.

I've pondered the gear lube a lot. I've scrapped I don't know how many. One day I'll have to experiment with that but for now I manage just by getting me and the enemy speeder into the right spot.

I suspect my knife fighting proclivities won't serve me well at higher infamies where people actually know how to aim and drive their boats. Under no circumstance should a lone boat be able to charge 5 foes, sail around among them, cut down both their healers, then get out again. But for now at least it's what I groove on. For later game, I may need speeder since the standoff battles shooters get engaged in don't appeal to me.