1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.3 "Patch it!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 19 May 2017.

1. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Greetings, Battlers!

We've been extremely busy with the global launch, which went beyond all our expectations. We'd like to thank each and every one of you who downloaded and played the game. We hope you will enjoy it for a long time!

We wanted to bring you the first bug fix and improvement update quickly before we head on to build bigger things, so here we go:

New
    • Added support for changing player name capitalization for free
    • Added unique player tag for every player visible in the profile page
    • Added player search by using the the new player tags
    • Added "Reply" menu option when clicking player in chat for easy replying
    • Added community menu to access Battle Bay forums, YouTube and Facebook pages
    • Show map unlocks and their infamy limits in the matchmaking world map (Maps always had unlock progression, it just was not visible)
    • Added offer bundles in the pearl shop that change daily
    Changed
    • Layout changes to Destruct 9 to make the long side corridor more useful
    Balancing
    • Flare gun duration reduced by 2 seconds
    • Balancing common and uncommon parts from season rewards
    • Changed Daily Battle Box content to vary and it can now also contain item pieces and power cells
    Improvements
    • Performance optimizations to many weapon effects
    • Performance optimizations to chats and friend list
    • Improvements to sound effects and music mixing
    • Polished crate and box info screens
    • Added guidance dialogs to shipyard if the player tries to do things which cannot be done (dragging perks to ships, out of slots etc)
    • Added guidance dialogs to item evolution to explain why the player cannot evolve the item
    • Updated GeoIP database to fix wrongly assigned country flags on some players
    • Don't allow inputting non-supported characters into name set/change dialog to make it more clear which characters are allowed in names
    • Disallow sending friend requests to players through global or country leaderboards, to prevent top players from drowning with invitations
    Bug fixes
    • Fixed the game crashing sometimes when reconnecting
    • Fixes to several ad issues
    • Fixed missing button sounds from some places
    • Fixed market notification icon not being cleared when opening the market
    • Fixed bug in challenger league rewards where rank 2 was better than rank 1
    • Fixed sugar and gold shown in wrong order in harbormaster package from calendar
    • Fixed captain xp gain in crew panel being visible when crew member is at max level
    • Fixed Japanese and Korean localization incorrectly using Chinese characters in some places
    • Various localization fixes for several languages
    • Android: Fixed back button not working in credits screen

2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Grats on a succesful global launch!

Some solid changes here, looking forward to seeing the daily box rewards.
    --
    Maybe its due to mainly playing Fixer, but Flare Gun did not seem like the first in line for a nerf - Damage not being instant needs to be significantly higher for it to make any sense.
    Those 2k+ hitting weapons I would have looked into before Flare Gun - Not that going from full hp to dead in 2 globals isnt great fun (atleast for the player with a years gearing headstart!) :)

3. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    I agree with that it needs to be higher, but it needed some tuning as it was way too high in comparison to eg. blast cannon

4. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Nice!but how can I know other players name tags???

Hihihihihihihi and Melos like this.
  5. GenkiGamers

GenkiGamers Member

Glad to see some commonly requested features being implemented! I remember always wondering why I kept playing new maps that I had never played before, even though there hadn't been an update.

PigStory and Melos like this.
  6. "har"Smash until the end

Is there update already out or not?

7. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    soon

PigStory likes this.
  8. "har"Smash until the end

Soon means a few hours right?

9. Kitterini

@Zeus Alright! Guess the effect of a burn wasnt really felt as a Fixer.

Gut feeling from facing nightmare players would be that Blast Cannon is used alot more than Flare already though. Finishing people tends to outperform setting them ablaze

10. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

Probably just ask them.

I had a feeling that the maps worked that way, but many unlocked real quick, I'll love to see how many more I've yet got to discover!

PigStory likes this.
  11. Amur

Amur New Member

Thank you all the dev.

12. "har"Smash until the end

It's impossible to search players....how can we know what player tag they got?

13. Amur

Amur New Member

Under their name bro #YDNKXJDHDJ sth like this.

Rasesh likes this.
  14. "har"Smash until the end

I mean how to search a random player's profile???
    Also,support and change free captial letters name?how???

Rasesh and MissCalifornia like this.
  15. 书半卷

书半卷 Member

16. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

Thank you for the new update! Some new features are useful! I hope there is more huge update soon!

17. maniche

maniche New Member

i lost my game progress and in-app purchase in this new update. plz help ASAP

18. Capt.Lord

Capt.Lord New Member

I dont know why they reduced the duration of flaregun. For me it is not good because if we compare it to blast cannon, it is direct damage while the flaregun is only damage per second. In this situation 1vs1 both of them only 200hp left. If the damage of blast cannon is 2oo dmg while my flaregun is only 30 DPS. Im dead. That is the reason why i dont liked. It is the advantage of flaregun DPS compared to direct burst damage. Logic please

guykakin likes this.
  19. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

You guys just HAD to nerf down the daily battle bonus system and get rid of rare parts.Freaking genius move!

20. Kitterini

The Blast Cannon vs Flare is a good comparison (same range, projectile speed and cooldown):
    Im sure my numbers arent 100% accurate, but they are close enough to give a useful starting point:
    Patch 2.3: Comparing lvl 50 epics with maxed talents for the corresponding crew member (ignoring talents that affect both weapons equally, i.e. % boost to all weapons). Numbers are without perks as I've never seen a useful crit % one and arent sure of the number and adding 2-3 different perk paths for Blast would be confusing. Perhaps the 6seconds gained once you've managed to gather 4epic perks for Flare changes the math drastically, Ill know in 2025 ;)

Epic (lvl 50) Blast Cannon non crit 1180 damage (1394 if the hit target is burning).

Epic (lvl 50) Flare Gun 1264 damage over 15.6seconds.
    ---
    Whether one values upfront damage higher than 30% heal block + potential added damage to another weapon that benefits from the target burning is open to interpretation.

But the values as they stand now seem even less balanced than before. Was Flare Gun being used much more than Blast?