1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy (Help Info)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Reesmoonchild, 10 May 2017.

1. Reesmoonchild

Reesmoonchild New Member

Why when i lose i'm the only one losing infamy. Even when i'm in first place and, the the only one to get kills , or the only one to get stars. Very frustrated

2. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

In the beginning you are playing with bots, just play more games and soon you and your team will lose/gain the same amount.

Vesios likes this.
  3. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

No bots in battle bay. Just new players. New players' first few games don't count towards infamy loss. So they don't loose infamy.

4. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

There are bots in the game, this thread has the admins confirming it, I personally won or loss infamy in every Battle except in a tied one.

Vesios likes this.
  5. Daniel rich

Daniel rich New Member

Id like to know, why is it if my whole team runs out and gets destroyed in the first minute, and i still hold my own as the last ship but obviously im doomed, why do i still lose 24 infamy? Sometime i get into 5 or 10 matches in a row that seem to have the worst players in the game and i suffer because of them. Im constantly getting my infamy up around 8 or 900 then go on a loosing streak and get knocked back down to 5 or 600... i think infamy gain or loss should be decided on damage done and stars gained at the end of the match.

Starcatcherz and Bloodbait like this.
  6. Bloodbait

Bloodbait New Member

Bots also can sit on the edge of the map and snipe anywhere in the open area with no line of site. And I think that's crap that the admin doesn't watch some.e of these battles and ban these players/bots

7. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

Then how come you are the only one losing/gaining infamy, even though it is your first few games too? I've heard that the random animal names are given if you don't choose a name, but is it even possible to not choose a name when the game asks you too?

8. Reesmoonchild

Reesmoonchild New Member

yeah when you tie its 1 point lol

Excism likes this.
  9. Daffers

Daffers New Member

I have the same problem and cant get above 130 infamy because i lose half the games when another human player is in the other bot team.. i am kind of stuck in the game already..

I heard i need to get to 500 to get real matches, this will take ages..
    Shame you cant do real games in the beginning against other new players, i am afraid that if i will not get to 500 in a few days i will quit and be a little bit frustrated..
    Same here, i make 4 kills and still lose all the infamy, this system isnt right, you should at lrast gain some for kills

10. Bloodbait

Bloodbait New Member

I keep getting matched against players with between 500 and 700 infamy when I'm 300 and that's not fair they always win by blow out. And my weapons do little to no damage. But they swear there is no cheating or bots.

11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Goes to show how little Porthos really knows about the beginning of the game nowadays.

P0rthos likes this.
  12. Gillion

Gillion Member

It has been well over a year since porthos started playing. For all we know back then there may not have been bots and they were only added later.

XxAGENTSHAWxX likes this.
  13. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Yea I was told there were no bots after the tutorial levels. I've played the tutorial through. However, I may have been confused at what point the tutorial is considered "finished" nowadays. There didn't used to be initial bot battles after the introductory explainer tutorial.

Team_vega likes this.
  14. XxAGENTSHAWxX

XxAGENTSHAWxX New Member

Well, I guess lots of people initially accept the animal name b4 changing their name.. Hey, it's a tutorial right?