1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.5 "Guilds with benefits"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Sep 2017.

1. metaky

metaky New Member

Interesting update, and I'm glad to see that there is value being put on guilds. I'm a little unhappy about the direction of it, mostly because it sounds like the effort put into guild quests are still going to have RNG outcomes. This game has enough RNG, it would be nice to be able to specify rewards a little more often. Obviously we need to reserve full judgement until we see how this works, but for now it's more random chances that are exciting but frustrating in the long term.

Interesting that we aren't seeing much in the way of new items or maps, and the balancing is ultra-minimal. I think the game is decently balanced right now anyway so I'm glad there were no huge buffs/nerfs (though tesla bolt could use a little nerf at the top end...) but the lack of "new" in actual gameplay is going to make the game feel even more stale. A lot of people have been complaining about this, and again, another RNG with guild quests isn't going to solve that.

This comment reads as really negative, but do know that I'm actually really happy with what IS in this update. It's a long time coming and will help with the value of guilds which I think will help with the value of the overall game. I just hope there is more on the way to address the rest of what has been discussed about the game's issues to date.

(copied from my Reddit comments, interested to hear the perspective of the forum community as well)

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  2. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Nice update!looking forward to those guild wars!

3. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    Still waiting on new maps.

DaveRay35 and The Otherguy like this.
  4. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Ok im gonna ask finally lol
    What is rng

5. iRSS

iRSS Member

Random Number Generator.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Gallo_Rex

Gallo_Rex Member

Random Number Generation. i.e. luck. Specifically related to drops in this case.... like opening chests or spinning the raffle wheel or whatever.

7. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to try the new features and improvements.

Can you elaborate on what this means? "
    "Allowed resources to overflow once when they would otherwise be lost."
    Does this mean the level caps have been lifted and we can now earn unlimited SUGAR and GOLD ??

8. metaky

metaky New Member

Haha, as other said, random number generator. It's actually a bad term for what's going on in the game, but it's what people use.

Basically, you're always waiting on a random chance at the next thing, and once you've settled into a build you can be waiting for a good random chance for a LONG time. The game is built on random chances at items, with no guaranteed way to work toward something. It's a criticism I (and many others) have had about the game for a long time.

k406k likes this.
  9. metaky

metaky New Member

My assumption isn't that caps are gone, but if you unpack a resource box or get game rewards and they go over your limit, you get to keep the excess. You won't be able to continue to build beyond that, but you get that excess. Much the same way that your inventory works. You can actually go over your total inventory slots if you have 1 slot left and get 2 items, but you won't be able to add more items to inventory after that point.

iRSS likes this.
  10. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Guess I'll see how useful guilds are...when I join one. Everything else though sucks.

11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Yep, exactly like this.

12. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

This all looks great. I'm a little concerned about guilds that don't have 25 people though. Will those in a smaller guild now be forced (or strongly encouraged) to join a guild with more people instead, to get more progress on these guild quests?

• Percy • likes this.
  13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Quests aswell?

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Everything? Really? Sorry... I'll see if I can put the fixed bugs back to your account...

:p

15. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

None of them impacted my game play, I'll live. I'm looking for actual impacts which is why I won't say anymore until the release of the guild benefits.

16. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Looks like time to join a proper guild..

17. Miika

Miika Game Lead

In short, yes. However, you benefit the most from active players in your guild so it's not just about the size. You can recruit more players or merge with other small guilds. It wouldn't be fair if there would be no benefit for having more people in the guild.

18. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

interesting update Rovio :) looking forward to the guild quests :) no new map though? :(

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

no chance of expanding guild roster to 30 or maybe 40 members from the current 25?

Fin- likes this.
  20. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Burn contribution nerf is good.

Seems like fixers might get more rewards for good play, good.

My tesla bolt got nerfed, bad.

I won't get stunned indefinitely, good.

Expected more from guild stuff, we're just getting more quests and it hasn't been specified if guildmates have to fleet to complete them but considering that the game isn't even trying to move towards 5 fleeting it's highly unlikely so it's basically just more normal quests. Guilds seem to be only slightly better than before but can't say unless we've seen it.

You can block players in chat, good.

Can't block playing with or against them, no change.

No changes to RNG system, no changes to the highly unstable infamy system, no new game modes, no 5 party fleeting, no guild wars (Not really, guild "rivalries".....pft). I'm kinda sad now but we finally got an update so atleast we have that going for us.

cgr3asy, Riddlerpaji and Zotah like this.