1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I use a defender O_O

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Xenociide, 17 Sep 2017.

1. Xenociide

Xenociide New Member

2.png

I'm having trouble using a defender lately, I walk up to shooters they sink me down in no time. I try to stay far and provide support, then I get taken down by speeders. I really wanna know How exactly should a defender be played? Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers.

2. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Well you are a low level defender so you shouldn't be going head first into shooters who have more gun power... honestly you shouldn't be going head first into anything.... defenders should be in front of the attack but that doesn't mean in plain sight... find somewhere where you can hit the enemy without them getting a clear shot at you.
    EDIT: Defenders shouldn't play support Imo even if ur team rushes towards the enemy you should still be up there with them that's the highest chance you have of winning

Xenociide likes this.
  3. Elurien

Elurien Member

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Don't use defender until mk5, its not worth it really. ONCE you get three weapon slot you can have someone firepower to kill shooters. However if you like defender, i suggest keep upgrading brock and blue items (Bandage, turbo, Standard shield, big shield) and good explosive canon/ Blast canon and some fire damage weapons which adds advantage.Shift to shooter for now ;defender after mk5.And yes turbo is must for every ship, why doesn't your defender have it?
    It won't help him much, because its high level gameplay;its completely different scenario for beginners...

Xenociide likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It looks like you're doing pretty well. Too well for your own good. At 800+ infamy you're going to be running into a lot of mk4s and even mk5s. No wonder you've been struggling.

Basically, you're gonna need a bigger boat.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I played defender mk2-mk3. But at the time, shooter mk3 was the worst you could do in the 1000s. So, I suggest invest in sniper cannons, and CALL YOUR SHOTS.

Xenociide likes this.
  7. Xenociide

Xenociide New Member

I do have a turbo but I did not equip it cuz I would have to sacrifice a lot of hit points if I replace it with a shield.

8. Xenociide

Xenociide New Member

I managed to go till 944 but after that lost almost 8 games in a row lmao. Back to 700ish -_-

9. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Ke
    first of all congrats on reaching that infamy as mk2 and yeah 1k is the wall for mk2 so all u can do now is play and upgrade ur ship to get to break that wall
    Keep the shield for now because as mk2 ur speed is good but is low on health but as soon as u get an extra blue slot after upgrading ur ship put turbo on it. Rest follow what the @ babablacksheep said and upgrade that grenade it is a awesome weapon for defender.

Xenociide likes this.