1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving the game

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 31 Aug 2017.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

It is what it is --- I've found some new inspiration in playing another boat and in focusing on playing for fun, rather than worrying too much about my infamy. Enjoy the good games, and forget the crappy ones!

DeeMeester, Ability6, Elurien and 3 others like this.
  2. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    See ya D3X! It's been an incredible time on the forums with you :) Thanks for the few games I was able to play with you!

3. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

I hope you still stay in touch in this forum

DeeMeester and The Otherguy like this.
  4. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Oye oye

At the very least try to be active on the forums so you'll know if it's worth coming back.

D3X, DeeMeester and The Otherguy like this.
  5. Dirtylegs

Dirtylegs Member

Post a screenshot of your deleted items to prove you mean it ;) But seriously it's a shame the direction of the game has pushed out players such as yourself. All the best for the future.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

I TO AGREE,
    i thought to quit 1 month back of loosing 800 infamy in straight..
    now its ok,
    I am not getting proper match makings...
    no proper weapons to merge, even we hit properly, some times they are not getting counted, as i found many times.
    even boxes not getting proper weapons after season.
    making us slow, especially match making was worst.

I hope fix for next update....
    All ships should be according to...matching making should be according to ships and infamy......
    other wise for mk4 vs mk5 and mk6...is really a shit...even they have low infamy.

Ultrah likes this.
  7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Too bad. I don't think it's necessarily a game flaw though. You've played for a long time and simply got everything from this game that it could give you. At some point as a high level in nightmare league, progress is going to stall. I don't really see how the devs could improve that. Nightmare league is the end of the game after all, it's the highest you can achieve. True, some paying players get higher than 4300 infamy because they paid for items, but the game has to make money. It's a free to play game after all.

I've already considered quitting myself because I've reached the point were item and crew training slow down considerably and I'm constantly put in matches with nightmare players and early launch veterans. But I decided to keep playing because I still enjoy it, and that's the most important thing imo.

D3X, DeeMeester, The Otherguy and 3 others like this.
  8. Elurien

Elurien Member

I agree with you.

Rovio's motto: Milk the cow as long as she gives Milk. ;)

@3DX: I dreamd about fleeting with you but i'm still not in your class. Maybe you'll come back? See ya. Take care of you.

D3X and fr4nk1yn like this.
  9. simonwor

simonwor New Member

10. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

Hard to see players like you leaving, game won't be the same anymore :(. Keep in touch fleet partner, you will be missed!

D3X and The Otherguy like this.
  11. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

You sound like a Rovio puppet in all your posts

xxxBISMARCKxxx and Mamamyers like this.
  12. Miathan

Why? Because I'm not hating on this game like so many? Because I'm not senselessly whining about matchmaking or item RNG? Also, you say this while quoting me saying "I've already considered quitting", that alone makes your statement rather stupid.

When I think something is wrong with the game I'm happy to point it out and I've done so on these forums. Like perks (many are still garbage), healing contribution (it still doesn't make sense), fleeting (allowed infamy difference is too big)... there's plenty of room for improvement. But when people whine about things that are fine the way they are, I'm happy to point that out too. That doesn't make me a "puppet". It's almost funny you call me that, because I'm as non-puppet as anyone can be, not just here but in life in general.

13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Don't you know? Enjoying this game despite its flaws makes you a Rovio shill. ;)

You're 100% right - F2P does eventually hit a wall. That wall is a lot higher than a lot of people assume - I'm knocking on the 3K infamy door and I've yet to spend a penny. When I do it's probably going to be considered more of a "so long and thanks for all the fish" - I've derived dozens if not hundreds of hours of enjoyment from this game, which is a hell of a lot better deal than a movie for ten bucks that might suck.

People need to differentiate between "complaint" and "criticism" - the former tends to be people venting steam (or shaking salt), whereas the latter is usually coming from a good place; we like this game, we want it to improve and continue to grow, so we try to smooth out the rough edges. Fix some item balance. Keep the new players interested so they don't lose hope when someone seal-clubs their Mk5 Shooter with Pay2Win Legendaries down to 800 infamy.

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I keep coming back to the game because, plainly, I find it to be on a different level. The playstyle, the balance on (some of) the weapons, and, of course, the community. So ya, call me a fan.

15. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Sad to part ways here.

D3X and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

I enjoy this game as much as I enjoyed Clash of Clans for the years I played it. However, it is unfortunate that not even a year after release many players think this game has stalled which is partly true. Supercell was smart on how they did updates to keep so many players interested for years, ex new troops, new defenses, new townhall levels and eventually clan wars. I just don't see Rovio doing that here as much as I hate to say it. As of now guilds are basically just a chat room, upgrades come slow and strong weapons are few and far between. Of course the $$$whales are priority, but only a few important changes is all it would take to keep the vets and new players excited about this game. There is endless potential with BB and I for one would be willing to drop some coin if it were worth it, but as it stands now not so much. Wake up Rovio you have an amazing game here don't let it set sail into the sunset, please....

JustPlainSowad likes this.
  17. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Sure they HAVE to make money
    But they dont have to be so stingy and greedy and make it so for us to do not pay get the shit end of the stick. You dont HAVE to over price things and make shit sooooo hard to get. There are def things they can do to improve shop system. Chests and matchmaking.

• Percy • likes this.
  18. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    And still make lots of money

19. Miathan

Do you have inside information about Rovio's income and financial state? Because if not, I don't see how you can say they don't have to do something they do to get money.

It's easy to call a company greedy, and I see literally every company that runs an F2P game being called greedy on the internet these days. But people forget that because it's F2P, most people don't pay anything ever. I've seen official info of other games stating that sometimes as many as 95% of a game's population pays nothing. Therefore, all costs, including salaries of developers etc, needs to be covered by the few that do pay. Those few then need to pay a lot, and for that, they need a reason to pay a lot. That's why legendaries are powerful and expensive. It's not "overpriced", it's a commonly used pricing in F2P games to compensate for the masses that pay a grand total of $0.

That's why when I see a player like Banderas, I don't whine about P2W. I'm grateful to him, if anything, because it's people like that that secure the future of a game. All those who are whining about P2W typically don't contribute anything towards that future. A game can't exist and be developed based on freeloaders and people who throw in 10 dollars.

20. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

But btw even though the game has been out less than 6 months they aren't updating much because professionals in Finland don't work during summer? Or Rovio can only afford half a dev team lol?

hahahaha yeah it's some sort of sock puppet or hoping for some kind of reward or something.

Mamamyers likes this.