1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaving the game

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 31 Aug 2017.

1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Well, it's time.

I put in a lot of patience in this game. Lots of farming and attempt to farm an account with effort rather than actual money. Having a mostly rare loadout, 7 Rares and one T4 Epic Sniper, i tried my best to use them to it's fullest. Fought the best players(Orpheus, Thunder Sword, Christmas, Porthos from the old beta crew, American Marauder, Bunta, Elitist, Banderas from the P2W group )in the game and for sure have taken down a few times.

I reached Nightmare and even peaked to 4302 Infamy.

I have put in hours of countless input and feedback to this game. I advocated on issues of the Shop System https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/current-shop-system-does-it-suck.151/
    , I've also indicated the need to improve the targeting system and Rovio actually did.(https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/fix-the-targeting-system.103/). Also have been a very active member here on the forums and helped and probably inspired a few players.

I'm leaving the game because after 8.5 months of gameplay, the game progress is completely stalled. I can not find items I need to improve this account, whereas my peers around me are all gaining epics and legendaries by paying lots of money. The top players continue to have maxed items that simply are overpowered in every way. They will continue to be the strongest, and the only way to join the fray is to either pay or be super patient to find those epic items(which would take years).

The game at this point is frustrating and unsatisfactory. Matchmaking is still solely based on infamy. Matching with 5k players and 3k players creates enormous imbalance and makes games really frustrating. To say there is skill is limited.When i first started, people told me it was all skill. I can say yes, there's some required. Skill can be gained later, you need the gear and items to dominate. 5vs5 strangers doesn't contain a whole lot of strategy (and this is where skill should be found).
    Every season reset, it creates unnecessary havoc that really throws you in a emotional and mental turmoil that i'm sure has caused many players to quit.

I said this in my initial thread, if there's no progress than there's nothing worth playing for.

So long, this game had so much potential, but they simply didn't do enough here for the masses to keep people interested.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2017
    Crashedup, BlackSheep, CrizR and 26 others like this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Maybe wait untill next update?

Elurien and The Otherguy like this.
  3. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

oh well.

at least theres one less person to argue with on the fourm!
    but realy, too bad.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Pay to win has always been a pet peeve of mine. Considering non-payers are completely inundated with ads as it is, everyone is actually paying in one form or another, but there should be a better way to balance it out so that one can't just buy their way up the ladder.

5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Uh, this is a business. They don't need to care about fairness.
    This game, probably from the time you hit mk3, is stalling f2p progress. They want us to pay and people are doing it. I was teamed at 1600 infamy with a guy that had 2 legendary weapons.

No game is going to keep everyone interested forever, and it is just a game. I think we take it way too serious at times.

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Breathe in...

Breathe out...

7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

*Slowly*

The Otherguy and fr4nk1yn like this.
  8. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Heya, sad to hear that you are leaving! Anyways, all the best and maybe you could check every now and then if rovio brings any cool update, which makes it worth for you to continue :)

Skye, DeeMeester and The Otherguy like this.
  9. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

I heard on this forum that people need to spend thousands to get a legendary. You're making the right decision to quit. After reaching some certain point, this game becomes a blatant cash grab which only some people as rich as donald trump can and willing to afford.
    And if you have that kind of money, it would be better to spend on a gaming pc anyway, get yourself a copy of the witcher 3 or whatever which is leagues better in term of gaming experience.

ArctiC, Miathan, Kazeshini and 3 others like this.
  10. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I know how you feel.. waiting on the new ARK map to be finished before I start playing that exclusively . Two weeks ago I decided to support this game and spend $100 on pearls. Bought a few of the big chests and was quite impressed at how many epic/rares I got. Next day there was the new Angry birds ad showing up in the chat. Then realized I just wasted $100 because the dev's are working on that game and stopped this one.. I feel ya bro :/

11. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    So long mate, will miss seeing you around.

Although I don't play as often as before, I'm still willing to keep doing missions and farming enuogh sugar to continue crew training, but I understand, the effort we do is not properly rewarded for F2P and neither to P2W, even those big spenders are not very happy.

I really hope there is a change very soon, I will hate to follow the same path as you.

12. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    :( sad to see you go...

DeeMeester, simonwor and The Otherguy like this.
  13. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Would have expected a "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" reply from you :p

14. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    That's reserved for salty people :p
    I liked D3X

15. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Lets have a moment of silence for an old and well respected member. :(:(:(

16. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

See Ya! Hope you have fun time with your next game! Thanks for all the good times!

The Otherguy likes this.
  17. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Goodbye, D3X. Hopefully you have more fun on your next adventure, or come back thanks to a mind blowing update.

DeeMeester and The Otherguy like this.
  18. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Take care buddy!
    I understand your frustration, most other freemiums I've played has at least tried to preserve the illusion that you would catch up eventually (before launching next moneymaking patch ofc). Suppose they do deserve some credit for being very upfront about how that won't ever happen in the Bay ;)

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I can understand your frustration, sounds like at your level the gap in infamy gets too big, partly because there aren't enough players at that tier, and the game not awarding epic items on an increased scale as you progress, sounds like high level rares just aren't cutting it

Last edited: 1 Sep 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  20. Battle Bay Scrub

Battle Bay Scrub Member

If this is what's waiting for me at the top idk if I want to keep playing :S