1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why isn't BattleBay pushing the E-Sports agenda for itself?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by CrawlingSkeleton, 15 Aug 2017.

1. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Dude u don't understand a thing and its hopeless to explain them to u.
    If u feel something it's okay but when u express them they r out there and u mean them then.
    And everything we do or say is because we feel them so stop making a bullshit pt about I feel them I feel them and I didn't mean them I didn't claim them and most importantly I never said u were not allowed to feel read the post carefully I asked what led to that thinking( or feeling as u would say) .just that not a thing more because last time I checked If i feel something about something I have a reason to think so.
    But whatever u r just trying to dodge the questions anyway I kept my promise and deleted all my posts about u

Last edited: 16 Aug 2017
  2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I can only take responsibility for my words, I can not take responsibility for what you understood.

I said what I felt and meant EXACTLY what I felt, nothing less and certainly NOTHING MORE. You must not flame me for expressing an opinion or coming out and saying what I feel.

However, looking back I will admit that it was rather worded in a very misleading and harsh manner

And for that I have already apologized clarifying what I meant. If that is not enough then I sincerely apologize again.

3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I actually typed and responded right when you and @Crashedup responded and so happen that it's not in chronological order, so no, I couldn't read those responses before posting. I can see them now, that doesn't mean I can't interject and add more to the conversation.

Your logic seems flawed, because there have been many cases of products that surprised people. No it's not that amazing, Nokian from tires to mobile phones, Microsoft from software to being a hardware developer, Sony creating the Playstation prior to ever being in the video game console business, Apple from a Computer manufacturer to Music player and now Smartphones are some examples I quickly thought of. All of these feats go down as innovative history. What you're saying is that a game developer created a puzzle game to more 3d game is super amazing...

-Popcap Games did that in the mobile world, from Plants vs Zombies to the 3D version for PC?
    -Blizzard famous for RPGs(Diablo, WoW) and Realtime strategy(Starcraft).... made Overwatch (a 3D FPS)

Sure, Rovio bringing out Battle Bay was a pleasant surprise, but it was kinda needed as a company to reinvent themselves. Before Battle Bay, Rovio didn't have any good grossing titles aside from the original Angry Birds saga, and it's licensing. So they needed to create something brand new.

4. CheekyDevilGod

My logic was flawed cause being amazed by a company releasing a game not expected of them isn't something worth being amazed for?.

I'm sorry but you have no right, power nor authority to discuss what I should or should not get surprised by. It's none of your business.

The op put in a lot of effort into this thread, so out of respect for fellow forum members, what do you say we throw aside this part of the conversation and instead discuss about the game becoming an esport?

If you really want to continue to discuss about what fellow forum members should be allowed to be amazed at, I strongly suggest you create a separate thread in the "Off Topic" category.

Thank you.

Crashedup and CrawlingSkeleton like this.
  5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Right, so why is your personally "Feeling" about this game(seriousness as you say it was) in this thread in the first place?

Here's my answer from months ago regarding Battle Bay with esports.

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/top-features-needed-bays-road-to-esports.1500/page-2#post-10297

TLDR: For Battle Bay to become an e-Sport, they need to abandon their business model. It won't work without an entire restructure of the content and player base that's already established, therefore, it won't work. Esport was likely never their goal, rather to make a profitable game is.

Last edited: 16 Aug 2017
    CrawlingSkeleton and Rango8 like this.
  6. CheekyDevilGod

Cause my "feeling" was one of the few reasons which made sense TO ME as to why bb isn't optimally used by rovio, which might be why it never even went the direction of esports.

Also I believe you are right. For a game to be an esport, it requires to be a pure arena game with no "character building elements" such as ship upgrades or higher tier weapons.

All ships must start at 0 and then make their way up which might be possible in a new game mode but I'm not sure if that would work considering that our players base as you said is used to playing with a fully upgraded ship.

An arena moba game like that would fail at pleasing the ptp crowd. Besides the devs seem to oppose taking the very first step towards that direction (5 fleets and guild wars)

7. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

You people are funny. What do you expect to gain from arguing so much?

8. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

CheekyDevilGod, with all due respect, you seem like an unpleasant and negative person; or maybe you're having a bad day?

PS: this is my feeling please don't judge it.

Daidem likes this.
  9. Swarlos

Swarlos Member

About Battle Bay and e-sports - I do think they have the potential. They need to realize it :)

10. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Your mama

CrawlingSkeleton, retryW and Daidem like this.
  11. CrawlingSkeleton

CrawlingSkeleton Member

But... But! ... It's friggin fun to play!

12. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

At least your jokes are better than your gameplay!
    Just kidding I'm at a lowly 2100 infamy, love your gameplay and awesome commentating. ;)