1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are overpowered.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 3 Aug 2017.

1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Read. Just read what i posted

2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Like i said. It's not the mid range. It's near max t4-t5 mines that are epic or better.

3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

That's possible. But how that video up there isn't showing that. What it's showing is that mines become an after thought in intense battles. Even at high level.

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I did. Just shared my opinion. I think they are well balanced as they can be ignored and only catch players who are off-guard

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Doubt it. you skimmed through the thread correct?
    Maybe you haven't seen how they are yet since your not even in the 3.2+ infamy zone.

6. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

Don't blame the mine, blame the pilot not looking where she/he is going. Mines float and can be seen. You know that blue thing floating that's a mine. Any " Professional" driver avoids mines not run them over. Of course if you're going threw a mine field well bad luck for you...

7. SnowBound

SnowBound New Member

I have to agree entirely on the range of the mines when thrown. Because watching people throw them over walls is just a ridiculous thing to witness and then when your own team is dropping them on your side of the wall you don't know who's is who's. You can't have them being thrown over walls it's unreal.

D3X likes this.
  8. Joey who

I read it. And I fleet with someone who is at 3100 infamy and have been placed with players even in nightmare leagues some which use 3k+ dmg mines. I know how they use them and again, I say they are avoidable.

I was just giving my OPINION. Sorry if you expect everyone to agree with you.

I'd also like to state that I am in no way defending the mine to protect my precious setup as I do not use it and yes I have been clumsy many times and have been utterly destroyed by enemies using them.

9. MoA

MoA New Member

they should just make mines explodable when you shoot on it which makes sense

Ultrah, D3X and The Otherguy like this.
  10. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

imo less splash damage or no splash damage, 1 second activation

11. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

The best way to get ur defuse of mines suggestion can be carried out by one method if we destroy the ship who dropped the mines then his mines should disappear from map same goes for fixers health boxes . What do u guys think?

12. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

I think that's both a blessing and a curse but I get the idea, maybe they could detonate (without damage to the friendly team) if it's a friendly mine; kind of like picking up enemy health boxes and getting nothing

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Doesn't quite make sense imo. It's essentially a loaded bomb, so why would it get cancelled out when the owner of it gets killed?

I don't know the exact timer on these Mines. My gut tells me they last a full 3 minutes. Cutting it down to 2:30 or even 2:00 seems reasonable.

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

So you actually think 5k-6k Epic mines and 7-8k Legendary mines is okay, which one shot kills almost anything and crippled even defenders and shooters? Meanwhile you're calling out to nerf the fire bomb. Which in my mind is so easy to avoid and their launch / flight time is one of the slowest, the damage is a slow trickle which you can counter with bandages and with Fixers.

Ultrah likes this.
  15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Actually. I just found out that Epic Mine perks do 10%. So that means it's 40% increase on an T5 Epic or T5 Legendary just from perks.

16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Not trying to get everyone to agree with me. I understand people will disagree, my problem is that people fail to understand the issue on how they can be used in ways that become overpowered.They also don't realize that the MiNe gets scaled up exponentially as a weapon at higher rarity levels and with captain levels and Perks which becomes one shot killers to almost any ship. then add the fact that Nightmarers are simply using them to their advantage.

17. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

Only nerfing for mines can be done by reducing its automatic explosion time. Now, a mine once put almost remains for the whole match of effective 2-3 minutes duration. Like, napalm does damage and remains for 20 secs, mines being area control weapon, should have some shorter time limit. Repair boxes also disappear, napalm also disappears. Mine shouldn't stay for ALMOST the whole match. 1 minute should be good and lower than this can be risky, as player may still be there.

18. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

Mines should lose their effectiveness over time. No reason for them to last 2-3min.

They should also be blue or red depending on which team drops them.

It's nearly impossible to avoid them all at the end of high level battles and it's super annoying.

19. Joey who

I agree that no item should 1 shot boats EVER. And I understand your frustration. Nerfing the damage slightly could be understandable but here are some solutions I found that could be pretty balanced but won't be the end of mines.

1) Mines have a set time of 10 or 15 seconds once placed on the water and have red tabs (enemy) or green tabs (green) above the mine which shows accordingly among all players on both teams. The tab will be turning black from top to bottom and one it turns black it is set (once the set time has passed). Once it has set it the mine will look like it does now and no one will be able tell which team's mine it is unless they payed attention before hand.

2) Lower arc to prevent shooting over high walls. But not so low that waves or small obstacles block your throws.

20. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Actually those "balances" will result in the end of mines. At around 3000 infamy people have learned not to step in mines. I'm lucky if I can deal damage with a mine once in every 5-10 matches. In the manority of the matches I just use it to block choke points. And I'm not even using mine because I think it's good. It's just that I can't get any good weapons, and that mine on the other hand is a legendary item.

(Even tough my mine is legendary, I just want to swap it out as soon as possible, and here people wants to see the mine being nerfed)