1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My problems with Battle Bay controller & suggestions

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by KRN Nomad, 27 Jul 2017.

1. KRN Nomad

KRN Nomad Member

I'm fairly new to the game, and there are few complaints.

1. Target system
    - I've turned off sticky targets and the crosshair keeps jumping off to next visible enemy. Can't we just turn that feature off & let crosshair jump to nearest target with lockon button? This feature is hella annoying when you are trying to hit with torpedoes. It's not any better with multiple targets in distance, as they keep vanishing and reappearing. My crosshair keeps jumping from one target to the other.
    - The game is on touch screen device. How about touch target control instead of the arrow target selection? Have the arrow rotate the turret 90 degrees for each input & make the target selection touch control. That's my suggestion, since the arrow key control fails to target the enemy behind you sometimes when multiple targets are visible & keeps changing their position from my point of view.

2. Foreign language chat
    - I am trilingual and visit different chatrooms occasionally. I've noticed there are bunch of Korean characters fail to show up on chat screen. Any intentions of fixing it?
    - This is totally irrelevant to me, but no chatrooms for Vietnamese / Thai / Malay? I see a lot of users from those countries, but I don't see chatrooms dedicated to their languages. Maybe converting or adding chat rooms for other languages as well?

3. Team balancing
    - Anyway to balance out teams based on the battle power? I don't think infamy alone is accurate scale for team balancing.

These are my suggestion/rants & hope to see some improvement of game control in near future. Btw, any plans of adding a game controller feature?

Kingmarshy likes this.
  2. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That is because you turned off the sticky targets. With the option enabled it doesn't switch targets unless you turn your camera to pick new targets. If the option disabled, it chooses targets for you automatically.

You can select targets by tapping the enemy ships.

This is unfortunately because Hangul contains 11172 different characters and we don't have space for all of them (each character in the game is a small picture). We have included a list of commonly used characters and would like to extend of course if anything essential is missing.

3. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

What?! Things just got a lot more user-friendly! How did I not know this?

Kingmarshy, Ability6 and Mamamyers like this.
  4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I personally play with a tablet and at least there tapping the ships is not really useful because to reach the ships you would need to adjust your grip way too much. On a phone it might be more useful.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  5. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Me neither, should be a tip on the load screen

Kingmarshy likes this.
  6. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

But why can't we have completely no aim assistant when not on lock-in mode? Using torpedo is so hard when the crosshair keeps trying to lock a target (auto target on or off is the same)!

Kingmarshy likes this.
  7. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Tapping on target is not that great. I was told about this too, and have had a very bad experience. If you have a good experience, please let us know. It would outright not work in many cases for me. And if the targets are close together...good luck selecting the right one! The auto targeting system can still cause it to slip to another ship nearby as it tries to fight with your selection.

I really wish we could just have the our turrets lock target by selecting the enemy/friendly name.

8. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

9. KRN Nomad

KRN Nomad Member

Thanks for prompt replies.

I still wish there was a quick way to turn off auto target while playing. It sure is useful and necessary function while equipped with anything but torpedoes. The function becomes pain in the butt when it comes to shooting torpedoes to areas where you already know the location of enemy, even if they disappear from your sights. I still think lock on button should function as turning on and off auto aim. It's really frustrating when you were aiming at a distant enemy with torpedo, and end up shooting at random wall because the distant enemy disappeared from your sight & auto target jumps over to closer enemy while you are still trying to shoot at the disappeared enemy.

p.s. What's the priority order for auto target? Is it based on the distance of enemy in sight or the distance of the enemy from the cross hair?

10. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

WHAT!!! THIS IS A THING ?
    How have I not known this already! This is life changing shiz!

11. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I know right!:eek:

retryW likes this.