1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The fixer problem

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BasedCarpen, 26 Jul 2017.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I just spent almost 3 minutes trying to destroy two fixers who just kept healing themselves faster than damage can be issued, not only that but it was declared a defeat.

This has been said over and over, both teams should get ONE fixer or no team gets a fixer.

That being said I'm using my fixer for now on and only fleeting with fixers who will shadow me and exploiting this flaw until fixed

Attached Files:

2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I am over 3k, and I sometimes like to have the extra dps if I am the only fixer. It is not a sure win anymore at all to be +1. Keep grinding man. It will sort itself out. You'l love that fixers health rises less quickly as you level boats too, making them easier to take out quickly.

3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Agreed

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

It's not a flaw and there's nothing to exploit. @BasedCarpen Once again you post about a perceived issue while ignoring what people (including devs!) have already said about it.

Fights against 2 fixers are perfectly winnable. You're chances aren't good when you're the only one left against both of them, true, but that's not specific to this situation. Your chances are never good when you're the only one left against 2 enemies.

5. Mamamyers

Loser
    I disagree. Chances are not as good. They absolutely have the advantage.
    Sure its possible to win when you have 0 and they have two. But more of a chance on them winning. Especially when you have to count on your team to be on point and gave a stratagy with no communication.

BasedCarpen likes this.
  6. BasedCarpen

I really DGAF what the devs or anybody says about it, maybe stop appealing to authority and address the issue. It's a stupid cheesy tactic, no it's not winnable using the tactic they employ, they fix each other, even if our entire fleet focused on them the remaining three unfriendlies would destroy us.

The devs can address it every post I make, it's a dumb flaw in the game

7. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    That is just not true, especially since the pulse nerf. I guess you can ignore everyone who tells you otherwise. We are just trying to help and maybe others will listen.

Swarming speeders, stun and torp, mortars, firebombs, focus fire....you don't know how easy we fixers melt, especially if we simply stay grouped together and do not adjust to the battle. Smart teams know to press a team heavy on fixers since they are light on dps. And there are a lot better teams as you rise.

8. Miathan

This is not true, and this is exactly why I "appeal to the authority". Unlike you, they have data to back up their claims. When a dev says "statistics show that 0 fixer vs 2 fixers have no bias towards the 2 fixer side" then this is true, while when you say "it's not winnable", it means nothing. It's just you being mad over a lost match or two.

9. BasedCarpen

I have data too, here it is again. This was an impossible match due to flawed matchmaking. Screenshot_2017-07-26-17-54-42.png matchmaking which could easily be corrected.

10. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

I have some Data too. Just guess who wins. :(

Screenshot_20170609-234024.png

I post the answer later ;)

Miathan likes this.
  11. Hellcat17

Hellcat17 New Member

It looks like the fixer on your team didn't do a good job

12. Miathan

Posting the same screenshot again won't make it more significant. Also, if you don't like dev info, let me quote @Kitterini :

"If you force a confrontation damage vastly outperforms healing ---- If you sit back and trade shots, the opposite happens and healing becomes incredibly powerful. The game creates different scenarios every match, good players adapt and make the most of what they got. The human mind is formideable at making up reasons for our own shortcomings and negative experiences (while sadly it tends to forget the positive moments), I challenge you to go through a few hundred games & check if your gut feeling has anything to do with reality.
    Combined for all teams with higher fixers than opposing side: 47wins, 48 losses [49.5% win rate]."

See threads:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/equal-number-of-fixers-on-both-sides-if-any.9922/
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/matchmaking.9651/

@Cyberfisch Lol, just... lol. Now that kind of matchup I agree should not be happening.

13. BasedCarpen

"If you force a confrontation damage vastly outperforms healing -"

Not true when two fixers continually heal each other

14. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Wow. You have been given experienced advice and links with data. Still you stick to your screenshot. Now you are just trolling. Lol.

Over and out...

15. BasedCarpen

No I am not trolling. Your scenario is not relevant to the topic, two fixers healing themselves making it impossible to be destroyed

16. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

And here the answer to the question who has won. :cool:
    Screenshot_20170609-234331 (2).png

Totoro and Miathan like this.
  17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

You didnt bother checking the link, if you had you would have seen a roughly 50/50 winrate for the games that have 2fixers vs 0 fixers. Maybe its different in low league play, but having two Fixers comes at the cost of severely lower firepower.

So, given that 2fixer vs 0fixer teams result in around even winrates for both sides, what is the problem? Dealing with different scenarios is a huge part of this game

Totoro likes this.
  18. Mamamyers

Loser
    Its not "not" winnable but chances are most likely you will lose. Maybe you have a strayagy for fights like that, but who's to say the rest of your team does...MAYBE you will get lucky enough for a team whp knows what to do on those situations. Butttt moat likely no.
    While the other team oa bombarding you woth mortars and torps. Every hit you get on them os instantly healed up by not 1..but 2 fixers. While every hit we take stays...unless someome has a bandaid.

19. Mamamyers

Loser
    I fuckong hate this keyboard

20. Miathan

Well, no, that's the whole point. It's not more likely that you lose, as @Miika has said several times and @Kitterini illustrated with his personal battle log. It is, of course, possible that you personally are losing the majority of such matches, but that's not a problem with the game. That means either a random fluctuation or you just aren't very good at fighting those particular matchups.

Totoro likes this.