1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Equal Number of Fixers on both sides, if any

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Shooter@Bay, 18 Jul 2017.

?

If there are fixers, they should be equal in number?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. Shooter@Bay

Shooter@Bay Active Member

Fixer is quite a powerful boat, combined with two or more nearby shooters. With a fixer in a match, the match may run much longer, as they continously heal. I feel like it's cheating to have a fixer on one side but not on the other.

PS: I'd also like to have a request mode in which all the 5 different ships are in a single match, and I can wait even 5 minutes for it.

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

As a fixer (1.8kish) I have to say it depends on the tactics the unfriendlys do when they don't have a fixer.
    Sitting back and spamming mortars isn't going to work if they don't focus.
    If they target one boat at a time they will normally win as a fixer can't keep up with the damage.
    Also taking out the fixer first helps, however I have won quite a few games where they shooters are so focused trying to kill me the team pick them off while I run circles around them. Same is true with speeders/enforcers people have tunnel vision and it's like watching a dog chase a ball. They are long gone but for some reason they are trying to chase it down.
    I am not saying we can't swing a fight in our favour. But someone calling shots can quickly change the outcome of a battle.
    It's more people need to adapt to the situations which I suppose is harder to achieve than balancing out fixers.

3. SunlightDuck

SunlightDuck Active Member

Krusty Krab Keeper
    lol what team is smart enough to do that I wonder. Even when you call the kills...

4. El Comandante.

El Comandante. New Member

fixer since day 1, 5k battles, my experience tell me.. the team whit no fixer is more strong

5. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    umm....

6. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    That's very subjective lol. But with the recent fixer nerf I have to admit that killing fixers and targeting them is a whole lot easier

7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

The devs have said that 1 fixer vs 0 fixer doesn't statistically create a bias in victories for the fixer side, so they allow these matchups to happen because it creates interesting battles. Sometimes, the fixer side wins because of healing done, and other times, the no-fixer side wins due to superior firepower.

I'm not sure if this logic holds for 2 fixer vs 0 fixer though, I've recently seen quite a few of those matchups happen too. I'd prefer if they kept the maximum difference in amount of fixers between the sides to 1.

8. El Comandante.

El Comandante. New Member

Fixer that go down easy is a bad fixer ( or just a bad game ), 90% of fixer dont now how to play fixer... the game is more balance since update i like it and i dont fell i die more easy ... sorry for english not very good xD

Attached Files:

9. JJf

JJf Member

I've noticed that if there are more than two fixers in a team, it usually causes a quick massacre. I believe it's because of lack of the firepower in the tree fixers' team. Maybe there is a difference if the fixers are mk6s or mk7s, don't know yet because I am a mk5. Anyway, the amount of fixers doesn't make team a winning or a losing team in my opinion. It's more about how the team members play with one or two fixers (or without the fixer). The playing style is completely different when you have two fixers in your team and when you have no fixers in your team. If the team members can't change their playing style between the battles, they'll keep winning/losing in a non-fixer team or in a fixer team.

I have played as fixer for months so I don't really remember how to play without a fixer in the team. Therefore it's possible I am wrong with my opinions. I have watched non-fixer teams only as unfriends. But for example a team without a fixer but with two talented speeders who take out the enemy fixer is often a strong one.

10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you force a confrontation damage vastly outperforms healing ---- If you sit back and trade shots, the opposite happens and healing becomes incredibly powerful. The game creates different scenarios every match, good players adapt and make the most of what they got. The human mind is formideable at making up reasons for our own shortcomings and negative experiences (while sadly it tends to forget the positive moments), I challenge you to go through a few hundred games & check if your gut feeling has anything to do with reality.

Here's my last 152 games (ignoring draws).
    1 Fixer vs 0 Fixer = 25 wins, 24 losses [51% win rate].
    2 Fixer vs 0 Fixer = 5 wins, 4 losses [56% win rate]
    2 Fixer vs 1 Fixer = 17 wins, 18 losses [49% win rate]
    3 Fixer vs 1 Fixer = 0 wins, 2 losses [0% win rate]

Combined for all teams with higher fixers than opposing side: 47wins, 48 losses [49.5% win rate].

Distrubution of games:
    1 Fixer vs 0 Fixer: 49 games
    1 Fixer vs 1 Fixer: 43 games
    2 Fixer vs 1 Fixer: 35 games
    2 Fixer vs 2 Fixer: 15 games
    2 Fixer vs 0 Fixer: 9 games
    3 Fixer vs 1 Fixer: 2 games

Amount of games with even fixers: 38%.
    Amount of games with a different between teams of 2+ fixers: 7% [Of which the winrate between sides is split as evenly as it could be with a 5-6 score].

-----
    So what exactly is the problem here?
    I'll admit that the sample size is small -- But the pattern is striking and the results are shockingly close to 50% winrates across the board.

Numbers suck as they tend to deflate bad arguments, so I do apologize for trying to bring facts into this feelings debate ;)

11. Shooter@Bay

Great Data Analysis. But how did you come up with so much data. Manually?

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Battle Log -- But yes manually, surprising what activities that seem worthwhile when you have a thesis you should be working on instead :)

13. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

The difference between the number of fixers does not ensure a win or loss. Fixers heal, a plus point but they do less dmg than every other boat.

If you lose a lot of games cause the ither team has a fixer and you don't then you probably camp a lot.

When the unfriends have more fixers than you, play aggressively and ATTACK together.

When you have more fixers than the unfriends, stick together with the fixer and play DEFENSIVELY.

It's simple really.

Shooter@Bay likes this.
  14. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    Really, imo a fixer's contribution is healing + damage. They are directly subtracting damage, and often just cancel out one person on the other team(more heal than damage of a player). This in addition with damage done, an extra fixer makes quite a difference. Again this is just my subjective opinion.

15. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

16. CheekyDevilGod

You are right, they make a huge difference

If they are given the window to perform well and take it which is rarely the case.

You play defensive against a team with more fixers, you give them the window, you attack, you don't. You play defensively with more fixers in your team, you give your fixers a window. You attack, You don't.

SunlightDuck likes this.
  17. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    Yeah that's true, but this game is dominated with shooters before nightmare leauge. And many shooters camp, so no matter how many times I call attack... No one ever listens to me:(:(:(

18. CheekyDevilGod

Just cause everybody does it, doesn't make it right.

19. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    You have no idea how much I realize how wrong camping is lol. It's my greatest pet peeve, the one thing I never get over. I'm calling good attack windows where there is an easy offensive right off the bat and these guys are launching mortars from behind walls and getting sniped down 1 by 1:mad:. I kinda feel like to get that sense of the game, someone ahs to try more than 1 class and experiment a bit. Cause I can say without a doubt that the camping shooters have been doing that since the beginning and have noever heard that it is wrong. If they tried being any other class, they'd know the importance of attack:(

20. Shooter@Bay

Off-topic:
    I'm almost always getting a fixer on the other side, and I get teammates who like to go out in the open first and get killed, and my infamy is so much reduced now. Damage by me is mostly the highest.