1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

please balance the star rating properly in next update.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by AVID, 21 Jul 2017.

1. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

Star rating is really messing.
    not getting proper rating.
    please check the screen shots.
    even we kill more and hit more getting same 2 stars maximum games.and other who wont kill also getting 2 stars.
    this is really hurting us.
    as i am fighting a lot,..and making to win...tough getting 2 star. Screenshot_20170721-064839.jpg 8617a0f6-34aa-44ca-a0f8-a90069e1f57b.jpg fa2ffdfa-8b2e-4507-8b6e-6d6c1445f608.jpg even my friend suffering from same.

2. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

And once again...

starsystem by miika.png

Bo Oetjen and Kitterini like this.
  3. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

please check properly.....
    i killed 3 ships and hitpoint 3957 in second with - star.
    who did not killed even one...3524 hit points got 1 star...?

[​IMG]

4. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

I am totally with you, the Star System is some times annoying and difficult to comprehend and there are many Threads about. Actually this one https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/maybe-the-developers-could-help-us-understand-this.9631/
    I am not a Dev, so I can't explain what "secret sauce" exactly comprise. But I guess the first Player in your Example get his Star for using Firebombs and make contribution cause other Players hits a Target he sets on Fire.

5. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

Why on earth should mere kills give you stars? It's easy to just finish 'em off.
    Especially (hypothetical example!) if you shoot around randomly while others are focusing on one target and then rush in to take the final shot it's definitely not you who deserves those extra stars.

3XCIT3D likes this.
  6. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

Then why are you here...? stop playing...!
    No one asked you suggetions.
    just asking to fix bug - to admins.

7. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

Thank you for your insight. I am, however, not going to stop playing just because I understand how the system works and that it is in fact not a bug that it has been built this way.

8. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

yar...you donno whats the issue is properly. there is bug after this update. please stop commenting.
    so many have the issue. not only me. you are unable to watch the images also.
    so please check properly.
    i hit 3957 and i am the last person died by killing 3 of them. even the person with 3524 got 1 star. that too showing me 2nd.
    i havepleayed the battle and not you. i know what happened. so please stop commenting due to lack of knowledge....

[​IMG]

9. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That is no a bug in the system, it's working as designed. The system didn't change at all with the latest update. Only change is that the end screen is just now sorted based on stars, not damage.

Damage is not the only way to contribute. That is why the other player got 1 star and you did not. He most likely lit other players in fire with his firebomb, while other players were shooting at him and he gained assist contribution because other players have fire damage buffs in their weapons.

10. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

oh..then its waste of using snipers and cannons. with out our hits he can kill all with firebomb....!
    i thought all weapons are equal according to the situations. i did not thought that particular weapons like firebomb are better then these,

(Miika : while other players were shooting at him and he gained assist contribution because other players have fire damage buffs in their weapons....)
    fire damage buffs....are they freely giving to us to insert in our weapons...?...game was created by you only...you have only kept that fire damage buffs....then why you kept them.....do we think that the person having firebomb will select in our team...? i am not saying he did not killed like that... why i did not got any stars even for hard play...not only me plenty of the are suffering i have seen many.....talking in our guild also....in chat also...

After all dead, i killed remaining how about that...? should i stop hitting once all dead in my team..? where i wont get any stars na...!....
    but we cannot site like that na...we try our level best to play some what even.....

(mika:Damage is not the only way to contribute.)
    i did not said that, i killed even 3 ships, and more damage..i played hard in that game...

My suggestion to make it 5 stars : u can increase the reward system using stars to some "25". due to 3 Stars, its not dividing properly.
    i can accept what you say. but here who played well are suffering and going to depression looking that no star even for hard play..

Last edited: 22 Jul 2017
  11. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

I feel ya..

Attached Files:

12. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

:3 :3

Attached Files:

13. Bo Oetjen

Bo Oetjen Member

I'm not saying it's not messed up, but, did you land a shot on all 5 unfriends? I think doing some damage (doesn't matter the amount) to all 5 unfriends has a lot to do with the contribution that others have mentioned. This is easily done by using firebomb... which as you can see, the individual that earned the star, has equipped. Fire bomb also buffs other players weapons and gives them more damage when shooting an unfriend. It's an assist contribution. Your weapons are solely damage weapons and do not help others on your team.

It would be my assumption that the individuals that you killed were lit on fire, buffing your cannon and sniper, allowing you to kill them.

This rings true for other assist weapons as well: Tesla bolt, Frost Bolt/Launcher. Your teammate assists you by either stunning the unfriend or slowing them down, to either kill them or have a better chance of getting away if you are low in HP.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: 22 Jul 2017