1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. acayz

acayz New Member

are this normal ?? because before update i get sugar and gold many..

Attached Files:

2. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

3. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

Awwww seriously? The balancing kinda makes me unhappy :(:(:( im sniper cannon user but good update

4. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Indeed is affected fixer mk4 and bello

5. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Here's to sum it up why :
    Sniper cannon had a heavy critical damage and at later crew levels with higher tiers and critical %increase perks the critical chance was pretty high like every hit can be critical which makes it formidable and quite devastating.
    Second the overboost had a duration of 10secs and a cooldown period which many can reach upto 9.8 secs with perks and upgrades..including mine. So whats the point for that 0.2secs? Its like you can have overboost on whole match, and thats just what was the issue.
    Last up is fixer nerf, well before this update came everyone said fixers were overpowered, if there are two or more on enemy team their win chances might be higher also everyone targets the fixer cause it was powerful enough to heal and lead to victory, so it was overpowered.
    All of the changes except one, that is the tesla shield thing is odd and funny too where you take shield for defence and get stunned if your shield is kicked instead..which is pretty demanding as shields dont have that many hit points and now everyone hits the shield user itself which is a bit unbalanced change yes, cause the thing costs 2 slot points too, must be something good and not reckoning itself again.
    Most of the stuff i.e. fixer equip, overboost and sniper except the shield, are ones I use a lot but dont regret any change cause its the same for everyone and as its said its a 'balance'. The things which were downrated were the ones which you people said were overpowered. In forums here too, there are posts of fixers being the poweful of all ships as they are good in every slot aspect, then sniper critic being too high etc so why complain now when you all admitted they were too strong..thats what you get for saying. (The truth)
    (Added part) :
    As far as it goes, i've seen players testing with all the new stuff and even for me it was all right you can still win normally and if the changes are bad okay, then arent they bad for others? Its the same for everyone (non P2W players like us) remember that.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2017
    Cool Penguin likes this.
  6. SiRHoT

SiRHoT New Member

@Zeus Please comment, answer!
    which game gets back what gave earlier under the name of UPDATE??

Let's make it easy for us and let us know, let's tell us which ship do you love in the game? So, enable us to play with it.

In my opiniopn, in the begining of the game you were a speeder than you played with an enforcer for a while and you passed on defender and now still you are playing on defender and I guess, you HATE speeder in these days.

Please tell me, where the SPEEDER name comes from, huh?

After this f.cking update, it does not mean anything. and please do not call her "SPEEDER" once again. especially you developers! YOU DO NOT DESERVE IT!

Maybe you can name her "SLOWER" now.

A kind suggestion for players, also i recommend you to check the differences MK7 SPEEDER & MK7 DEFENDER, you will see the main properties which added on each ship.

r4z likes this.
  7. SiRHoT

SiRHoT New Member

It is the bad and very short end of such a hopeful game!

You lost in the beginning a lot!

KypBA likes this.
  8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

And the mk5+6 Fixers that ran double pulse are completely unaffected? ;)

To be fair Fixer was able to hold a higher infamy than all other boats at mk3+4 in particular and to a lesser extend also at mk5. How on earth anyone could think that mk6 Fixers needed a nerf is beyond me though, less than 10% of the top players play Fixer.
    ---
    Speeder is still (by far) the best boat at high level. Heck 19 out of the current top 20 are speeders.
    Stick to it & you will eventually be rewarded :)

Bergster likes this.
  9. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

Unfortunately the balance doesnt seem like balance at all. If people had a problem with fixer or speeder, no one stopped them from using it. The nerf has killed these class of ships completely! What was special about the fixer was the ability to heal similarly speed was the speciality of the speeder. What has been nerfed is their role in the game. Driving a speeder for me feels like driving a defender now, what advantage do you think I get for driving a speeder now?? NONE

Now I can argue that a mk6 defender can get to 15,000 hit points dont you think that needs a balance too?? Now people can just go for shooter or a defender, sit back and spam bertas and mortars. We being fixers and speeders cant do nothing but dodge as soon as we get close all ships focus fire on us and we are dead in no time!

Yes I agree change was needed but why do Developers have to take extreme steps everytime? Current Im hating the game to the extent I dont even want to start a match.

All these mortar and torpedo spams are just killing my love for this game. All the time and money that ive invested feels like a waste!

Zotah likes this.
  10. Kitterini

@ArctiC Speeder is still the best boat at high level, its not even close.

If you think a 15k defender is bad, then wait till you encounter an 11k speeder ;)

11. KypBA

KypBA New Member

:BEGIN
    Good weapon
    Invest some $$$
    NICE WEAPON!
    STUPID DEVD NERF YOUR GUN!
    GOTO BEGIN

Rovio really? You think we will give money again and again? Ha-ha!
    1760970.jpg

12. Blood Raven

Software Developer
    I already mentioned the reasons why the changes had to be opted, one of the prime reasons was us complaining about them being overpowered, so now no use saying any of that.

So? Even i know the specialities but still people had fixer as a target not only because it heals it sustains than the other ships too. A 1v1 with fixer has higher chances of fixer win due to self heal, so that was taken into consideration too i suppose. Think from every way dont confind everyone in this game needs to be fair not just the fixer mass.
    Yes definitely, i will support if defenders have too much health that would be an unfair advantage too but those defenders (if there are idk) at such health ovio use shields in their blue slots and hence no rudders gear lubes etc so 1v1 with speeder can still kill them.
    Lol.
    If you're dead playing speeder too soon, then its not the one for you. Simple. Speeder requires maneuvering and quick reflexes.
    You think after this update speeders are down powered or what?
    Cause they dont have speed? Attaboy you need skills too not just speed. Not that i have any, but am a normal player with an mk4 speeder and am having no problems. Here are some screens from battles just played : (which is after update of course so see for yourself)

IMG_20170630_140237.jpg IMG_20170630_140300.jpg IMG_20170630_140228.jpg IMG_20170630_140218.jpg IMG_20170630_140208.jpg IMG_20170630_140153.jpg IMG_20170630_140249.jpg
    As you might have noticed, i use only one nitro.
    I dont use overboost.
    I dont even use a damn turbo.
    My speed is even lower than some strikers but still win and fairly good to maintain an avg of 1.6-1.9k infamy. Explain me that. I lack in speed still keep winning. Reasons? Gimme gimme
    Boy stop complaining and get into action. Just because of a some change people start blaming when they dont try themselves to be at their best. Like i said if these changes are bad, yes then they are for ALL.
    Lastly, idk about devs and you said you spent money too. I dont and still do good with that normal equip and as you said even with the new non-advantaged Speeder. Start playing more and complaining less.

13. r4z

r4z Member

@Blood Raven,Glad to hear things are working out for you but for the majority of the speeders doesn't seem to.

I'm a mk4 speeder like you, I was able to reach 2.4k infamy before the update, now I'm f.cked because I can't even reach 1800 and I get no gold/sugar rewards
    You at under 1700 seem to be at the sweet spot for your kit and skills.But I'm telling you, if before it was insanely difficult for me to compete at 2.4k infamy (I don't have great kit) - now it's impossible.
    Your reflexes count for nothing as eventually you get hit hard without shield (and with shield u get killed as at our level it's a 1-2 shot) , you can't scout, you can't harass as a speeder anymore.You need to stay next to the rest and only go in when they tank (if they decide to move from the base and stop trading mortar shots)
    You might as well switch to a shooter/defender.

SiRHoT and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  14. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Zeus has played Enforcer the whole last 6 months I know, Miika is the one playing with speeder. They are two most known developer's in yellow boat accounts and are playing with their ships all the time I encounter them in the bay. I don't know exact number of members in their development crew but I do know there are people using different ships in game and they all do have affect for the game's direction. It is not only one developer's decission to nerf something, they all do decided it together.

Maybe next time you will get an answer from them if you don't attack against one of them nor any of them.

15. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

How can you speak for the majority of speeders. There are always the Disappointed who are whining here. To my play-style the nerfs make no big diffence at all, a little tweak in Bhurts skill tree and my sniper make nearly the same output as before.
    Screenshot_20170629-152138.png
    I'am i little bit longer to the game as you and there had always been nerfs, for example to my favourite Tritorps. Devs choose them and they explain why - so no big deal - battle on!
    By the way...
    Sounds like a little bit 'seal clubbing', do you?

16. r4z

r4z Member

I said the majority as most of the replies here have been negative towards the change
    You boys keep bringing 'seal clubbing' to stir the conversation away from the fact that with the nerf speeders/enforcers/fixers got f.uked , infamy dropping is normal/unavoidable now, and to get double f.ucked you don't get gold/suggar if you drop 500 infamy (or 30% of your peak)
    Me dropping infamy is normal: 1. because I reached a point where my kit is was inferior , 2. my kit just got nerfed and got pushed further down when trying to climb

there is no magic, no amazing tactics you can pull after such a hit
    I have no spare kit to compensate for the change, no amazing gold deposits to get a shooter say to mk4 and be able to compete, I'm forced to do what I can with my now crippled boat.

I'm getting a little tired of fanboys accepting stuff, not questioning and supporting unconditionally
    but hey, fanboys need to do what what fanboys do best right? ;)

SiRHoT likes this.
  17. SiRHoT

SiRHoT New Member

Dear TheRedSpeeder (how do you named yourself as "speeder", it is really like a licker, anyway)

Please see my a good and decent message to directly @Zeus yesterday, for your info:

So, I have been waiting for the answer still. Now, you, named yourself as speeder wtf, said that do not attack to the developer/s. Are you kidding me? Tell me what is your advantage to act like this, huh?

My dude, @r4z you are absolutely right! Both of @Cyberfisch and @TheRedSpeeder are acting against us, as a SPEEDER!?

""I'm getting a little tired of fanboys accepting stuff, not questioning and supporting unconditionally
    but hey, fanboys need to do what what fanboys do best right? ;)""

what a nice inference :)

Nof likes this.
  18. Kitterini

@SiRHoT Speeders are still (by far) the best boat at peak infamy -- You will get rewarded for sticking to it.

I would not argue against a buff to base stats for mk3/4 speeders though -- But mk6/7 speeders are insanely strong (both before and after the patch).

19. SiRHoT

SiRHoT New Member

My Friends @Cyberfisch and @TheRedSpeeder,

Sorry for really bad language for you but you missed a very very big point like developers here!

I am talking about lower level players, you know? All you think that for top level players for example with MK6 - MK7 ships, these nerfs are not so important and in fact these are for balance of the game. But you are so wrong! Look at only for one time to the below levels of 25 or lower MK6 ships. Or in order to understand the players completely and exactly, you can re-start on the game from start line. Why shouldn't try? Especially, before such a very big and dangereous update, develeopers HAVE TO experience all levels with all ships the game.

By the way, please but please stop this fanboys. it is really not convincing and really annoying.

Regards,
    As a REAL Speeder in the game (SiRHoT)
    PS to developers: If you want to ban me or do something bad to my account, please do not hesitate to do it, really. Above mentioned SiRHoT is the real name of mine in the game. No reason to speak badly and than hide like a coward, also)

20. Blood Raven

Software Developer
    Might get harder later idk will have to see that, what am saying was you can still get through and play well with speeder when he thought speeder was badly affected from the update. Its not, and changes are negative yes but they are for everyone so thats the point in my post.
    Maybe. I'm at 2.5k health and with some brock upgrades will get along to 2.8k..(my brock's lvl8 :p).
    But Still not getting to the point where am stuck like that..it may be a battle or two but mostly its because you move in the wrong direction.
    Also i do not stay back go ahead just maintain a certain distance with my team when am away targeting someone. especially if there is a fixer to turn back.
    If you fleet and can coordinate good you can still win higher battles. Infamy comes goes so that doesnt bother me too much. If i reach 2.4k mark i can ovio reach higher with time.
    I try to watch and learn high tier players play and occasionally fleet with them. And then as a leader myself i fleet with my guildmates and when i do i go along with them so the firepower is good and we have a good time wrecking learning and winning.
    Also at mk5 with added slots am thinking to add overboost and turbo.
    And if the competition is tough, bring it on.