1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

REPAIR BOLT

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by wtfack, 29 Jun 2017.

?

repair bolt

1. good

18 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. ussless

44 vote(s)
    71.0%
  1. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

2 green slots, 17 sec cd....17sec cd lol srsly?

Babablacksheep likes this.
  2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

3. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

considering the limited slots of mk4 fixers and below, devs should have made it 1 slot. it also just heals a little better than the one slot repair box.

Finger-Bang007, Rivet and wtfack like this.
  4. isutalaksana

isutalaksana New Member

Haven't use it but it would be useless. Not only takes 2 slots but it can't be used by fixer itself, cmiiw.

Second, the heal received always outnumbered with damage received.

Suggest to heal for 50% HP :p

5. csyui

csyui New Member

It can remove frost and stun effect.

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Thank you for pointing that out, 14 second stuns are now removable by friendlies in high leagues!

7. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Wow. That's awesome! That's probably why they made it 2 slot

8. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

But remember they have to be trained.

9. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: I'm not a Fixer.

I was kind of impressed with the stats, since I wasn't expecting it to heal for more than the Box, though it can't crit. It looks like it has the same infinite range as the Freeze Bolt, too! The main issue is that it's basically only for Mk 6 and 7 Fixers, since the 2-point cost means it's a replacement for a Pulse. None of the Fixers below Mk 5 could use both a Pulse and a Bolt, and Pulse can't be completely dropped by anyone sane. That opinion was backed up when I looked at Feelix's buffs for it. Neither of it's anti-CC capabilities unlock until the second half of the tree. Anti-Frost at branch 16 and Anti-Stun, which is the big deal, at branch twenty-five. It's high cooldown is significantly lower by that time, too. In conclusion, this might be interesting and useful for Nightmare players, but it's pretty much useless for all of the rest of us.

I really wanted to try it out, but I only have access to a Mk 4. No Bolt for me. :(

Admiral DrkRealm, Rivet and aKifer like this.
  10. MHz3000

MHz3000 Member

Though I use a mark 5 fixer with 2 repair pulses even though it has room for 3 heal items it wont get 1 more point untill mark 6.

Netsa likes this.
  11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

They should recude the effect and cooldown and make it 1 slot.
    Maybe a 12 sec cooldown

12. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Honestly, it seems like they could make it a 1-point item even as it is right now. It doesn't need any nerfs. After all, it only hits one guy, it can't be used on yourself, and landing straight-line weapons isn't the easiest thing in the world.

Baseless Speculation:
    Thinking about it, it sets kind of a weird precedent. There were already a couple of weapons in the game that weren't usable unless you upgraded the crew and got leveled them a lot, but in this case your ship needs to be upgraded to make the best use of it, too. They might start rolling out items that the other classes wouldn't reasonably use outside of a Mk 7 as well. Can you say "3-point weapons"?

13. Joey who

If they did it like that it's basically a repair box with more +hp and unlimited range. I think the +hp should be less than that of a repair box if they were to make it a 1 slot item.

14. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about that. The Box is a lot more reliable. It doesn't rely on marksmanship, it doesn't instantly disappear if it misses, and it's either the best or second-best self-heal Fixer has right now. Think about it this way: if there were 3 Fixers on the enemy team, would you be more concerned if all of them were stacking 3 Bolts or 3 Boxes?

15. Joey who

Repair bolt can unfreeze and unstun your teammates while also giving them HP. Tesla bolt would be the obvious choice over repair boxes if we made it op. Let's leave it all balanced.

16. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

It's not so bad, in my perspective it's perfect sniper rifle and repair bolt in the other. Heal from afar from unfriends range, but still give the unfriends annoying hit from sniper rifle. Even if I get hit I have that epic bandaid self healing. Last run I did 2109 heals with repair bolt and 1100 on damage. So it's alot better than before imo.

17. mang inasar

mang inasar Active Member

to people who say that repair bolt is ok as it is .... please try using it and show us your end game battle stats while using it.

for mk 4 below, use 1 repair bolt and duct tape for the extra slot.
    for mk5 and above, use double repairbolts plus duct tape for extra slot on mk6
    dont use the healing box because it will be a cause for debate in the end. just use repair bolt for about ten battles then tell us u still like it as it is. please post your battle results.

Netsa likes this.
  18. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Slows aren't that big of a deal and Repair Bolt can't cancel stuns until you have Feelix nearly maxed out. Since it can't do any self-healing, anyone can easily just focus down the Fixer. It doesn't really deserve to cost 2 when it's just asking to get bumrushed.

Yes, please. I'll try doing it myself as soon as I get the funds. Any existing healers should use it and inform us.

19. Joey who

I said it should cost 1 but do less than that of a repair box

20. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

The Bolt's healing is only barely more than the Box. A cost of 2 for that is a sham, an atrocity, it is fraudulent, it is bogus, and it should be lowered IMMEDIATELY!

Seriously, though, I doubt anyone would notice or care if it costed 1 instead of 2 at it's current state. Most of the voters in the poll thought it was "ussless". That said, we should probably get our hands on it and get some practical data before saying it needs buffs or nerfs