1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. BEN

BEN Active Member

Regarding teslashield, Id like to see the devs give back some of the hit points they took out on previous updates. The hitpoints for a T5 rare can barely block 2 shots now. And if youre getting stunned immediately after then whats the point of even turning the shield on.

But.. id like to test it out first and see how it affects not just me but other TS users as well.

2. PepeButtCrack

PepeButtCrack Member

We must choose between HP and duration of our Tesla shields. Tough decision.

BEN likes this.
  3. BEN

BEN Active Member

Agree. I think now HP is more a priority. Time to retain some talents =)

4. PepeButtCrack

PepeButtCrack Member

Talents needs to be adjusted too, ha. We can barely add 150 HP to our shields. I did the math already. :cool:

5. BEN

BEN Active Member

Im not sure I understand what you mean, do you mean that you want mortars taken out because you might be easier to hit without the OB effect?

pdcpdc likes this.
  6. r4z

r4z Member

they are making the game more noob friendly, soon we will all sit back and trade shots at a distance, using our slow shooters (nerfed a few patches back I believe) What, you want close range fights? 1v1's? You want to play a speeder, an enforcer? Nah... Not without shields and overboost. Who has the biggest level mortar wins, rush and spend your money now, pray to RNGsus for a mortar.
    It's all part of their plan the game more diverse, more entertaining. I can't think of anything more fun that shooting a mortar at long range.

KypBA likes this.
  7. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    think you may be over reacting a bit? Also, nerf to snipers -> decrease camping, nerf to OB -> forced to use it strategically rather than mindless use etc

BEN likes this.
  8. r4z

r4z Member

I don't mind the sniper nerf too much, even the OB nerf - as u said forces strategic use. But add to that the shield being now useless, well that's changing things. Also, nerfing items that drop randomly and take a ton of resources to level us is very bad. This game isn't very varied and besides the first weeks when it was OK to use greens and you could experiment - you had to make a choice, pick a boat, pick a gear set and focus on that. Now that boat and gear sets have been nerfed. Now what? Drop infamy and start over?

BEN and KypBA like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This pun made my day! Looool

10. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

To anyone complaining about the fixer change, watch the latest vid by Waveblower. This type of shizz shouldn't really be possible.

11. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

Fair fight. No need for fixer nerf end of story.

12. SCOOTY PUFF Jr

SCOOTY PUFF Jr Active Member

all I see from that is missiles and carronades kick some serious butt

13. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Still don't understand why speeder didn't get nerfed. W hits from any mk6 speeder and I'm dead. Game over. Makes me understand half of the infamy droppers, and why they do it. It's no fun being killed in 2 hits/30secs by overpowered speeders...

Kitterini, Hodges and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Speeders DID get nerfed. I don't understand why people think that a nerf has to happen to a ships specific stats.
    A huge nerf to Tesla shield and Overboost are together a significant balancing of Speeders (and enforcers). This is given that these are the primarily used items by the speeder. Now they won't have permanent Overboost, and ANY ship can land a stun on them by breaking the shield.

15. ToddTHY

ToddTHY Member

Speeders are of course nerfed! What do you think, -2s duration and +2s cd on OB, 4s stun if a TS broken by damage. These are all toward to speeders.

TheRedSpeeder and KypBA like this.
  16. Amur

Amur New Member

Still not out yet?

17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That was a whuppin', given fair and square. I i was an opponent, it would be one of those(0.000001%) cases where I would admit that my enemy was better than me.

18. dead_insect

dead_insect New Member

Sniper damage -7.5%? This is not cool, in my opinion. The sniper cannon is not very powerful to start with which is balanced by the longer range. A shooter ship only makes sense with LR weapons, so this change decreases the shooter ships desirability too.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Haha now we just need a defender with some weird twist to why this patch is a nerf for them & the cycle is complete :)

aKifer likes this.
  20. dead_insect

dead_insect New Member

I had to check what nerf meant from urbandictionary.com :oops: