1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

update or the game dies?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Uriel, 18 Apr 2019.

1. Uriel

Uriel New Member

we need updating, this gets worse

Guncaptain809 and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Regular updates have always been part of BB, so rest assured the next one is being worked on :)

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'm sure the devs are busy looking for real jobs now, rather than work on reviving a dead game with no hope.

4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you may have hit the nail on the head there pal!

5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I hold out slight hope that Rovio would sell the property to a gaming company that could bring it back from the dead.
    Or maybe the player base wants to put together an investor team to buy it from Rovio?

6. rexaroni

rexaroni Member

I agree; I think the only hope for any meaningful improvement is a competent gaming company buying the game, scrapping the monetization system as it is, reworking it to capture a larger pool of smaller fish via moderate advertising, and crossing my fingers. Probably a long shot but likely the only shot for the game to survive in the medium term imo…

On a positive note, the valuation of the game continues to dwindle as revenues plummet so perhaps the price will ultimately reach a level which incorporates the risk of buying a game with a rapidly declining player base.

7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree with the above as well. I don't see that Rovio has been a good steward of this game, would really like to see another company step in who is enthusiastic about it. The platform itself can be re-skinnned, progression re-engineered, and renamed and easily become a fresh new property for a company.

8. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Another potential positive if they give up is that we could see major price slashes and buffed resources given as they bail. This would finally allow me to feel like I am progressing!

@envylife I am ok with someone else taking the reigns as long as you don't reset my account progress!!!

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If they were smart they'd slash the prices by -75% while there's some people left. I heard AM is mod now and giving everyone the door :rolleyes:

10. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

WHAT IS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE... :)

11. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I’m quite certain that what killed this game was lack of actual advertising, and lack of support from Rovio.