1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Item lock should be a thing

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by VantaBlack, 18 Apr 2019.

1. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

In light of me accidentally scrapping an epic swift torpedo so I can't evolve it to t5 before the swift torpedo event tomorrow I recommend either:
    • An extra confirmation box to be an option to have displayed for epics as duplicates are not very well protected as of today unless you level them up once (which is unfavourable)
    • Or a new item lock feature to be introduced to prevent scrapping of precious duplicates when farming commons or uncommons

AntiHero, Oddmarine and Nikkie! like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yes, no doubt we should be able to lock items.. this is a huge flaw in Battle Bay and deserves all the red flags you can waive at the dev team.

Currently there are two ways to get an extra "are you sure" prompt:
    • Level it up
    • equip it on a ship
    This suggestion seems like a no-brainer to me... really easy to implement:
    • If an item has perks, you should not be able to scrap it, period. A guildmate of mine accidentally scrapped a T5E fully loaded grenade. This is a huge flaw in the game, maybe the biggest.

And finally you should be able to lock items from scrapping. Some items I don't see for 1+ years, so accidental scrapping can be utterly devastating.

Su-57, Nikkie!, Earel and 1 other person like this.
  3. Micro

Micro Active Member

Thats Occupied
    Yah i scrapped mine accidentaly too

VantaBlack likes this.
  4. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

F

5. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

Yeah, I can only hope that it will pop up in the raffle seeing as the epic weekly crate only ever gives me mortars

6. envylife

Good luck on that. I accidentally scrapped a Missile in September 2017. I didn't get it back until March 2019 allowing me to finally T5 it.

So.. even after I finally got my T5 missile, that year gap without a missile evolve still bothers me. I can't overstate how problematic this accidental scrapping issue remains in this game after all this time.

PS: Another item lock request... from February 2018 - https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/locking-items.16524. Even @The Grim Repair agreed it should be addressed back then.

VantaBlack likes this.
  7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    what really bad is sometimes you have perk on and item but it can still scrapped and perks also gone . sometimes there ars 2 copies of item one which have perks on it . when you evolved and item sometimes game pick one of the copy which have perks on it to evolve to next level . and perks also gone . i lost few perks before just by accident because i thought item will evolved by none perk copy .

now before evolving item i always check perk fitted on copies .

VantaBlack likes this.
  8. envylife

Those are both bugs that need to be fixed. Fixing those would ensure, not only that you don't lose perks, but you could no longer accidentally scrap a T5E with 4 perks, like my guildmate did last week.

Su-57 and VantaBlack like this.