1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

You can purchase some shop items with Sugar?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ultrah, 16 Mar 2019.

1. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen this before. Has this always been here and I’ve just noticed?

417A7682-4AE2-4EF4-BAB6-676A1CAD48A3.png

2. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

I think this was added yesterday...

Nikkie! and benguin8 like this.
  3. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Yup, just noticed it yesterday. Anyways,it's not gonna help me as I'm running out of both sugar and gold most of the time :(:confused:

Ultrah and Nikkie! like this.
  4. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Nah, this is new. And pretty awesome.

Thank you to the developers, for listening! :)

5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    they forgot to announce new changes or they just don't bothered to announce ,lol

6. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

Just noticed it now. Will for sure help me because I always max out on sugar. Would go as far as saying I've wasted tens of millions of sugar in my whole career...horrible rerolling of quests doesn't help either

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    they should have give us option to choose Gold or Sugar . because i am low at sugar at the moment but have 2m gold . rare parts are available is shop but for sugar . so sometimes it will put us in a situation , where we need sugar for training but part we need are available for sugar.

Sidd gamer, Kirk, Ultrah and 3 others like this.
  8. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Probably hundreds of millions for me.. this sugar for parts thing is the best! No more rerolling sugar quests for me, just the low paying ones like dominator hehe

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Don't all be so supportive of this. To me it sounds like RNG is now made its way into the shop in yet another flavor. I now expect parts that I will want will use the currency I have less of!

Just give us a damn sugar to gold and gold to sugar exchange rate. Make it that you lose 10% when you exchange and have a set exchange rate. Then be done with it.

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Battle Bay II: Maximum RNG

Su-57 and benguin8 like this.
  11. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    Crap, wasted sugar before realizing I wasn't spending gold.

Battler likes this.
  12. Battler

Battler New Member

I don’t understand the motivation for this change in the game. For years the system has been balanced and now Rovio has screwed everything up. Balance: Sugar for talent and weapon upgrades, gold to buy parts and upgrade boats.

Completely not balanced: sugar to but tallents, weapon upgrades and parts. The only use for gold is to upgrade boats. Now Rovio screwed the game up even more here. They added new boats but also added a new currency in an attempt to force players to use their new game mode. Guess what, the only thing the new game mode did was screw up the wait times.

I know you developers are board and there are some executives walking around trying to find new ways to make money. But stop, with each change you are just diluting the game. We don’t need sugar to be used to buy parts. That screws up an equation that worked. We don’t need new game modes, that just increases wait times and players hate that. And we definitely don’t need another currency in the game. If you made this game for the players then let us have the new boats. Don’t force us to use your new game modes that suck and stop trying to make us buy the boats.

If you make a good game, we will play it, and you will make money. If you keep trying to find ways to make us spend more money players will get pissed off and stop playing.

If I wasn’t already getting pissed off about this game I wouldn’t be writing this book.

Frustrated player

13. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I don't understand some negative comments for this change. I am happy with that as I was always full with sugar and wasted a lot. Now I can spend sugar and not any more always full and have some extra gold to upgrade ships which was really difficult for me except for my main ship. Don't change back.

14. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

It all depends on where you are as a player. For long time players, they have leveled trainers and most weapons under the previous system where it was easier. So for them sugar is always full now and this change is welcome. For most other players, even more sugar is needed to train under the new weapon training scheme. We also have several new weapons. High level weapon training requires basically full sugar capacity to progress. Complaints are coming from getting something people did not really ask for, having it be surprised on everyone without any notice, and for me particularly, bringing a solution that can cause more problems than it solves. This is now subject to RNG and I often see 50 epic parts I would purchase with gold but now have to pass because they are only offered with sugar. Its just seems like it hampers progress more than it helps. i have to wait for the parts I want to appear in the shop and hope they are in the currency I have most of.

Instead of monkeying with resources, please just re-evaluate the current system. Why is my gold rewards at 1.6x that of sugar for each battle, but as for capacity? My gold capacity is almost 3x that of my sugar. OFF course everyone has more sugar than gold.

Nikkie! likes this.
  15. Kirk

Kirk New Member

I agree. This was not a change I enjoy. I always have gold but not enough sugar to train my captains and level up weapons....I honestly believe this was a direct function of throwing so much gold at people over the last zombie event. More gold, we cant let them spend it all, so lets change the shop to make them spend sugar.

This change was not needed in my opinion and I personally don't enjoy it, but I am not going to rage quit or anything, it just seems like a slight bait and switch thing.

benguin8 likes this.
  16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Historically Gold is a big bucket it required nearly 5M gold to upgrade a ship from MK6->MK7. No idea why sugar remains a relatively tiny bucket at 2M max when training can be 1.85M max, and there are 41 different training paths. I think that after training was split out they should have increased the sugar bucket

But stepping back 1.6X Gold battle rewards is still not enough : item upgrades cost 9X Gold relative to Sugar. For example, Epic L31->40 cost 17M Gold worth of parts in the market, and just 1.9M sugar for all the upgrades. I just went through an Epic 40-50 upgrade... I earned all the sugar required to do that in less than 2 days (I was empty when started, needs 2.6M, which is only 30% more than the sugar bucket holds), but it is near impossible to earn 33M gold in 24 hours, 6X the max Gold bucket, and even if you could there aren't enough market opportunities to buy the parts you need in a week.

Of course Sugar is also used for training, but Gold is also used for perks and ship upgrades, so the only way someone has too much gold and no sugar is if their ships are all upgraded and they don't buy perks or parts in the market. If someone has all their ships upgraded, chances are they don't need to train any longer.

In other words, the numbers prove that if there is an imbalance in gold/sugar it is a shortage of gold that's the issue, not sugar.

Those of you who have overflowing gold and little sugar, please explain why you aren't spending your gold.

TVNPryde and benguin8 like this.
  17. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    I spend my gold ad fast as I can but between upgrading items and the high cost of sugar for training I need all my sugar to continue non stop training.

18. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

That’s the thing with this game is you always short on some resources. The worst of them is epic power cells. Next to that is legendary parts because you don’t have enough epic cells to upgrade to get to NM. Even in NM, the parts come slow every 2 weeks. Those are something the players have no control over except for spending.

Golds and sugars can be grind for at your own pace. For me, I seemed to always full of both. I only buy the highest deals for all rarities. I am starting to get bored of that because I can’t upgrade epic because of power cells. It’s already annoying enough that I only have 3 epic ECs since global launch.

Back to topic, how can anyone complain about this. It’s basically an additional option for you in the shop. If you don’t have enough sugars, then don’t buy it. People are complaining because this addition doesn’t suit them at the moment are shallow. You will appreciate it in the future.

benguin8 and Aether_Zero like this.
  19. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Meh, I haven't played enough to max out sugar or gold for weeks. And y'know what, I'm hovering 2k infamy again. I was 3k a few weeks ago. And comfortable 25-2700 easily. No change in weapons or training levels, or ship level. Basically no progress, other than a couple of spare (weak) weapons that I pray get a few buffs :(.
    So. Whatever they've changed behind the scenes has had some sort of impact.

20. Battler

Battler New Member

Dear battle bay,
    What are we suppose to do with our gold now that everything requires sugar?
    I have 4million gold and nothing to do with it. At the end of the week my storages will be full and my interest in the game will be empty.