1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm bored

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Nicolas, 17 Mar 2019.

1. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Short and simple:
    Since 4.0, battles feel so similar. Everyone is running same loadouts. Why? for multiple reasons that I will share later.
    Anyways, different people same ships same loadouts.. It's boring.
    Just list down main topics that can make the game more interesting and break the routine in your opinion.
    For me:
    • Nerf meta ships
    • Nerf meta loadouts
    • Buff underused ships and items using ship talents
    • Promote creative loadouts
    • Add risk factor to events and casual
    • Remove all reasons that kill the competition in ranked and limiting unfair competition.. promoting duos.. Balancements..
    • Make it a strategy game..

Sidd gamer, Nikkie!, TVNPryde and 3 others like this.
  2. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Pretty much all of these sound good. The community-suggested events system should spice things up too, especially if the devs keep doing it.

Sidd gamer and Nicolas like this.
  3. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

The old conflicting trainings helped this some, but even then (and still) I’ve wished that using 2 or more of the same item would give them a -2% debuff or so.

Also, since the release of teal items I have really tried to understand how things like the defense wall fits as teal instead of the yellow utility, but all I know is that this additional color is beneficial because it limits what you can equip and promotes creative loadouts (although for teals it’s usually just the defense wall being used) regardless of how teals are used tho, I think a new color was good, but as a F2P I’ll never be able to build up those 4 new items...

Sorry for that long paragraph, but to get to the point; I think that another option to promote creative loadouts could be to make orange slots which existing weapons that have both dmg and utility would be changes to, such as the fire weapons. This would allow them to limit how many you could bring in each ship, and depending on how they are placed and which items fall in the new color, this could help a great deal.

4. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

Great idea of orange weapon

Nicolas and Djradnad like this.
  5. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

How about return the DAMN WAVES back to their former height so direct-line weapons, like railguns and cannons, are more useful.

benguin8 likes this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

In the past there were quite a few weapons that didn't get a lot of love... Mine and Carronade strike me as two that weren't used much until they were buffed... then Guild Quests forced more weapon diversity, and Events gave better use cases for those two items. So you are right, to get the diversity we need more creativity in match types, and maps.

What bores me is the standard 5v5. Same maps, same goals imply similar loadouts. Running 5v5 TDM events is the same as casual and ranked. That's not an Event. Events in other games are always different than standard matches, so Battle Bay needs to step up the diversity.

I'm in the same boat (pun intended)... Getting stuck on a wave in Wayward Pains is about the time I decided it's a bit too much. Actually what bugs me the most is the distance visibility with large waves like Sub Zero. What happens is it tilts the boat so heavily it takes one hand to bring the vertical aim just to to see the enemy and the other hand to properly lead the shot, and then the issue is the big waves block much of the visibility of enemy movement. That's too much. I'd be more ok with the wave height if it didn't move the horizon up and down so much, but the way it is is driving me crazy.

Nicolas likes this.
  7. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    Not in the spirit of advertising, (lol really) I would suggest you to check this thread I made, could give some spice to the game (not solutions for these issues, but still)
    Link: https://forum.battlebay.net/posts/201020/