1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Steering joystick resets to center at random points in battle. Newer iPads.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BattleRascal, 14 Jan 2019.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

This glitch has been posted before and has not resolved in the 4.2 update.

Previous reports explain this occurring in the new iPad pros. This is happening to mine on an iPad 2018.
    While in the middle of battle, with your left thumb on the steering joystick it will randomly reset to the center and your ship stalls in place. It seems to occur when you are also using your right finger to fire a weapon or activate a yellow item. This typically happens between 1 to 5 times per battle and I cannot pinpoint any consistent reason for it happening. Once your ship stalls you must lift your left thumb and back down again to regain steering control.

Fixes I’ve tried
    - enabling the center joystick to touch ( this does not help )
    - enabling cruise control ( this also does not help, but at least it keeps your ship moving slightly instead of being a sitting duck, when the glitch occurs the joystick goes to the forward position )

Replays or screen recorders won’t show what is happening. I’ve thought of videotaping a battle with my phone showing my thumbs on the screen when it occurs.

Su-57 and Nikkie! like this.
  2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    same thing happened to me lots of time on Android . this is why my shooter feel like brick in the mid of the battle . joystick reset to center . sometimes target also keep switching . from left to right switch is understandable but in some battle target switch from front ship to someone behind .

GigaBeard likes this.
  3. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

The targeting keeps switching for me as well. Often in mid-shot, so it flies off into no man's land. I'm on a prev gen 12" iPad Pro. I have smart targeting already turned off.

Su-57 likes this.
  4. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Joystick issue still happening on my new iPad. Out of the 100 ranked battles I've played over the last 4 days, I was killed in about 5 of them due to the joystick glitch. In 10 battles more I took an extra Blast/Explosive cannon to the face severely hampering my HP in an enforcer. In events I don't care too much, but in ranked it was the difference between winning and losing. So I would confidently say that out of those 15 battles affected, probably 5 of those outcomes were directly affected by the glitch. In conclusion, 5% of my battles outcomes are now determined by glitches. Great gameplay!

The only further research I can figure out, is it only seems to happen while in the middle of battle when a lot of data is being handled between the device and server. I try constantly to repeat the glitch while I'm cruising at the beginning of each battle, firing weapons and using my yellow items, but it seems to only happen while there are weapons being fired by other boats in my screen.

Su-57 likes this.
  5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist

I have recorded a screen recording of joystick issue and targeting system also shift sometimes like from some in your front to way right or left sometimes even behind . but i have no screen recording of that issue right now .

but i sent screen recording of Joystick issue to Grip Repair on Discord .she said she will forward it to team but i am not sure if they gonna fix this bug any soon .

best way is if you can reach then by Discord on Toober channel . I directly DM Grim Repair and Zeus . maybe you can also get respond . here on Forums its difficult . they see forums sometimes but as we are not popular so even my forum was also lost in crowd . Try Discord .

6. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
  7. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

I've been having this problem for quite awhile and it's getting worse. Stalling completely or turbo not seeming to do it's job.

In addition, I'm finding targeting to be very flaky. I have a lock on someone, then it disengages for some reason and wanders all over the screen. I can't get a lock on anyone for quite some time.

It's not consistent and only seems to happen whenever the server deems I need to lose (which is roughly 80% of the time). Other matches, everything seems to work. Turbo, targeting, etc.