1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How expensive is it to upgrade a boat (TOTAL)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 14 Dec 2018.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Earlier today I made an opinion post about how I thought upgrading boats is way too expensive:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/upgrading-boats-is-way-too-expensive.23758/

Later, I felt like finding out exactly how much gold would it cost me to upgrade my ship from lv1 to lv50 and how much time. So I did the math and here are the results:

First of all, I had to find out how much more expensive is it to upgrade from one level to another one because the cost increases as you upgrade the boats. To know that and because all ships cost the same, I took the info of how much costs to upgrade my lv15 Fixer (383.000) and my lv18 Guardian (558.000) and divided by 3 (because there’s a difference of 3 levels between both). The result was 56.333,333...

Knowing this I just starting adding and subtracting. I started with lv18: 552.000+56.333=608.333+56.333=644.666+56.333=720.999+...... you get the idea.

Obviously there’s an error range but it’s not too big. When doing this I got that at level 47 the cost of upgrading was 2.185.657 and in reality is 2.100.000. So yes there is but when dealing with such big numbers is not very important.

But the real question is... how much does it cost to upgrade it? What’s the total amount of gold that you need to have a lv50 boat?

Well ladies and gentlemen, it’s

48.631.500!

Yes you read right! Close to 49million of gold. It’s much more than I expected honestly. And actually the error range is makes it look like it’s less that what actually is. Add a couple thousands to this number and that’s the real result.

At last... how much time will it take us to upgrade it?

Well, winning 300.000 of gold every day, it will take us just 162,105 days. It’s just crazy...

Honestly, I wanted to upgrade my boat to lv50 but now I don’t feel like it anymore. I’ll stop wasting resources in something that’s almost impossible to have/take way too much time and effort.

This needs a huge change.

Nikkie! and Shano like this.
  2. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

You are way off. Lol. The cost to upgrade ship to lvl 50 is around 75 Million I think. :rolleyes: The last 10 levels itself is around 25 Million. Lol:D

3. nosesabe

But because you know or because you feel it’s like that? I may be wrong but that’s what I got

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

What ever might be the cost, all I know that it is pretty darn expensive from the last time. Lol.

As far as I can remember, it was around 15 Million gold to get to MK7, Now the last 10 levels cost more than that. That's significant increase. Devs really have made the game progression slow as hell.

The new players might never reach nightmare again, unless they pay their way to get there:rolleyes:

Edit: This thread might help you get the actual numbers.

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/collection-of-data-ship-upgrade.23194/

5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    there should be a comparison between Mk sips total cost from mk1 to 7 and now from level1 to lvl50 .

now its really expensive . asking 760000 gold to upgrade my lvl24 shooter to lvl25 .

i can't imagine if i will be able to upgrade my ship to lvl50 or even lvl40 .

we also need to remember that this game need gold for others things to . i call it to complicated even if we get used to it and now may look simple but it is . there are so many thinks . you need to buy materials . item pieces , you need to combined them , need power cells . need copies of items and list goes on . you have to work on everything to make progress in game and you can run out of gold or sugar easily . they should reduce cost or reduce required items . even if someone is a paying real money to buy stuff its still too much .

nosesabe likes this.
  6. Fisher214

Fisher214 Member

Greedy devs made this awesome game unplayable. No new player would ever wanna play this game past level 20 or 30. Every single fascet of this game is frustratingly grindy after that level.

Seriously if you are low level, just quit the game already.

nosesabe likes this.
  7. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

That's true. I had only a boat with mk6 before the update and wanted to try out other boats in the future. Now it looks impossible to bring other boats up to a playable level. So sad. It is a wonderful game....

8. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

No,it's not impossible to bring other boats to a playable level. We can still do it. But it takes sooooooo much time,that's all:(:confused:

9. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

There is some math error
    The actual value should be assumed to be lower than the value you got, not higher, because the 2,185,675 is larger than 2,100,000
    Also, getting 300,000 gold per day, it would take 162.105 days, not 162,105.
    I believe getting mk7 costed around 5m or 6m gold previously, and getting the first few levels doesn't cost nearly that much. It only takes 552k to get from level 18 to 19, and cost doesn't even exceed 1m until level 31.

Edit: I now realize you probably meant 15m gold to go from mk1 to 7 instead of just going up from mk6 to 7.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2018
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

They clearly thought we spent not enough money, so the best way is to give us better deals. That is how it works in the real world, not with Rovio, they just increased the prices by 10 fold. And then wondering why people stop spending money?

They need to go to the library and get some books about marketing and economics. Maybe they can learn something....

Most of us are happy to spend money if the prices are realistic for what we get. Getting lootboxes which cost as much as a new phone is just toooooo much.

People who own a company always have to think 'what would I spend' and go from there. If you would not spend that amount of money, than most others won't also.

Last edited: 14 Dec 2018
  11. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    true , but thanks i got enough pieces of Interceptor and reaper both are on Lvl25 . i can use them in events . but i don't even think about spending gold on other ships . i will better focus on upgrading weapons and shooter only .

nosesabe likes this.
  12. nosesabe

There’s no error. It’s more than 2.185.675 because I started counting from level 18 / when the boat costs 552.000. To know how much would it cost to upgrade upper levels you have to add +56.333, but you also need to know the lover levels if you want to get the total. Therefore you have to substract -56.333 from 552.000 until you reach 0, but instead of reaching 0 at level 1, you reach it at around level 8 or 9 if I’m not wrong. This means that there are 8-9 levels that we can’t know exactly by doing this but it’s more gold.

And as for the second error... there’s no error, is just a difference of nomenclature. You write comas to indicate thousands and I write points.

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I tried to work it out before, and arrived at about 50 million gold, although a large part of the expense is concentrated in the last few levels.

While that might sound ridiculous, I believe the total cost of upgrading an Epic weapon is about 80 million gold (worth of parts). Plenty of people manage to do that, multiple times.

I don’t think this is a problem for new players, as you get to do it slowly, over time, while playing the ship you want. The problem is for established players wanting to try something new. In Ace 1 and above, anything less than level 47 and t4 Epics, is considered underpowered. So if I want to try out a different ship, and I need to upgrade four new items for it (not unrealistic), I could be looking at 40 million for the ship, and 50 million for each item. That’s 240 million, without considering the time (not to mention luck) involved in finding all the relevant duplicates and perks — not that this would be an issue, since 240 million, at 300k per day, would take 2.2 years.

That’s why there are queue failures and matchmaking issues at the top, it’s not lack of players, it’s greed.

Nikkie!, envylife and EyeOfDoom like this.
  14. nosesabe

We all agree that battle bay is a game in which if you want to be good you need to play for a very long time... it’s also a good game so they can afford to have players put so much effort into it. But I disagree with you.

Basically you’re comparing a ship with a weapon, which is ok, but then that means that if people want to have a certain ship, they’ll have to sacrifice to have a weapon instead. The cost of opportunity is too hi considering that now there are 6 ships that cost almost 50million each.

In my opinion the two things I have a problem with are that in comparison to how it was before, now it would take MUCH MUCH MORE effort to get the same, and that it takes way too much time. It’s almost unrealistic how difficult is to improve now, specially for new players.

A good solution for this and I bet many people would be happy with it would be to increase the gold reward (with out increasing the prices of things!). This way people think rovio is all cool and helping us, but just cos they screw is before. Kinda like what they do in Black Friday every year haha.

But seriously, it’s unrealistic how difficult it is now, and how it is now compared with before...

15. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I tried to calculate using all the values of on the collection of ship upgrade data thread, along with some mathematically calculated guesses, and I got 45,150,000 gold in total (not counting the gold needed to buy the ship because that's different for different ships). So this is less than the amount you got, and it's likely more accurate because I used more confirmed values.

And do you use commas to represent decimals? Because sometimes you put commas and sometimes you put decimals, so it confused me.

16. nosesabe

45.150.000 it is then :)
    Yup hahaha comas for decimals and points for thousands. I studied in the US and I remember it being like that which was a bit confusing, but here in Spain we use it like that.

Still too much gold tho, cos it’s 45.150.000 x 6=270.900.000 for all boats. We’re gonna have to sacrifice upgrading many weapons if they don’t do something about this...

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Who are devs ???? I have not seen any period.......... oh periods....

•ABT• and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  18. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    People would buy deals if there was a 100% chance to get a certain item. Right now you can still can't get that epic duplicate for spending money on 10 large boxes. And that's around $1000.

Nikkie! and nosesabe like this.