1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My Experience With the Interceptor (Redneck Reviews part II)

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Redneck Messiah, 2 Dec 2018.

1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

This is the second post in a series of new ship reviews conducted by yours falsely.
    Complete series library: https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/redneck-reviews-library.23565/#post-190946

Unlike the first post in this series, where I went full on strategy guide, this here post will be more based around my impressions and basic tips. (he said before going on to write a strat guide...)
    Due to the Interceptor CTF event occurring during my hibernation cycle, I missed out on it. Thanks to Rovio's disgusting mosh pit of piece variety in the new event crates, I only just got my Klondike encrusted, loot grubbing paws on an Interceptor. Throwing a turbo, a nitro, some guns, and my best shields on it, I endeavored to see what all the fuss was about.

Immediately, "GunWaifu" joined "SpeedWaifu" in my heart. My signature playstyle is an aggressive speeder (flare/blast/tb/nitro/ob or dual carro/dual nitro/ob), and this style adapted BEAUTIFULLY to the Interceptor. While not on par with my Speeder or Enforcer, the Interceptor had enough mobility to satisfy my speed-craving throttle finger. And the weapons! Oh, the weapons! I moved my bc, flare, and the better of my carronades onto the Interceptor, and alternated between a sniper to give me versatility and range and an ex cannon for when I wanted to brawl.

All in all, the Interceptor is a lovely ship. I prefer it to the Emo Fixer, and am actually excited to see more piece drops for it. The day this ship becomes viable for regular use in my rotation will be a happy one.

EXPERIMENTS
    Above, I outlined my preferred loadouts for the Interceptor. Here are some experimental loadouts which I was curious to test.

First of all, I tried swapping out the nitro (the popular Interceptor yellow meta) for the other one point yellows, and... Yeah. Stick to nitro. Nothing impressive comes from the other stuff. As far as weapons, I decided to go full on mine spawner (minex3, carro) and did not enjoy it. No, sir. I tried swapping in two swift torps and two snipers, and found a decent long range build for the more fragile among us (i.e. me). I tried adapting my long range Shooter setup (big torp, sniper, rg, bpm, missiles) to fit this ship, using missiles, sniper, railgun, swift torp (ran out of slot points), and had some success when not hounded by melee speeders. I have a new empathy for all the mortar spammers I've killed with my dual carro speeder. I then migrated the four flare spam to the new ship, going for three flares so as to accommodate a blast cannon. Good to troll with and guild quest with, not much else (just like my Shooter's four flare spam, not surprised considering those reasons are why I started using it).

This concludes my review of the Interceptor.
    Overall opinion: A fine ship for many playstyles.
    Redneck Rating: * * * * *

Last edited: 16 Dec 2018
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

IMG_20181202_092402_1.jpg

3. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

This needs to be in the thread (this is what railgun in high level feels like)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.