1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I've played daily for 16 months, since April 2017 and on the verge of quitting (devs please listen)

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BasedCarpen, 9 Sep 2018.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Hello, let me start by admitting for a long time I was addicted to this game. It was literally my sole source of entertainment and use of my free time.

I was known for using two mortars on a speeder and frost launcher, and I was uniquely successful with it. I was able to freeze people, gauge wave trajectories, lead mortars with precise timing and hit people directly. Nobody else was doing this, I skipped leagues and my infamy grew. Then the frost nerf came. Now frost launcher was useless as by the time I frosted someone, gauged their trajectory, lobbed a Berta, their frost would be broken by someone using sniper or some other common cannon.

I accepted this change and adapted.

My first legendary combine was missiles. Because I was lucky to get enough epic missiles for t5 I soon got a second legendary missiles from achievements. Now I had a t5 epic missiles and a t2 legendary missiles. I focused on using two missiles on a defender with a grenade and was successful, this became my new primary setup.

After this new update, I was more succesful with my setup, because higher agilty and turret benefits me, you can not easily dodge faster weapons like missiles and grenande and I could dodge torpedos and mortars much easier. So this update and then the hotfix which reduced agility was a net plus for my overall wins.

Yet I am not pleased with it or the overall course of this game.

You are removing the SKILL from this game. I do not mind losing to players more skilled than I am. And speeders definitely require more skill, they have less hitpoints and thus a smaller margin for error. You are rewarding defenders who simply spam cannons in the face with this update. It also greatly rewards fixers. This is the new meta emerging, and the majority of people defending this update, because it benefits their particular playstyle and not the overall SKILL of other playstyles such as the evasive speeder.

If you are interested in becoming a player in the HUGE emerging eSports market, I would recommend you focus on more individual customization which allows more unique playstyles and a long term vision, and not dumbing down the game to make it more simple and easy for newer players or people with basic strategies.

This game has amazing potential, and some of the updates like guild rivalries or legendary weapon achievements that make it possible for free players to compete are great, then some updates are just troubling and make me worry about the future of this platform.

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This reflects my thoughts as well. The fact that we have Cruise Control and Autopilot is a sign that something has gone wrong with the skill part of ship control. The increase in agility has forced me to use Cruise Control to keep my boat going straight and I do I feel like the game has been dumbed down to some degree. I used to control my ship with one hand and aim with the other, but now it's not possible the to the degree I used to be able to do it. It's definitely possible to improve the joystick and add player preference for ship agility, and that's where this needs to go.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree, I'm NOT EVEN A SHOOTER MAIN and I still get easy kills. I am a good duelist by my skillset, and speeders SIMPLY don't stand a chance! Yesterday, I got twoteamed by two Ace 2 speeders, @Cavy was around to watch it. The moment the stun broke, I snapped back and hit both of them, literally twobursting them as they 180°ed me.

And you know what? I'm sure that, if I was one of those poor speeders, I couldn't have done that maneuver any better than that, and THAT scares me.

4. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    well said

any suggestion ?

5. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Have been playing daily since 01-Aug-2017
    Stop playing after few matches post-update. Have 2 accounts (shooter/enforcer) and with the coins I felt that my undergeared ships were making some progres. now they are just inactive since the update
    I'm still here waiting to know if they are going to do something else with the agility.
    Really liked the way it was before

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Idk man, as a shooter, I find that this is actually very good, giving us(since I consider myself a shooter player at least) a fighting chance. As a speeder, it looks unfair to me. But I cannot say that it is utterly impossible to handle shooters with a speeder, because I haven't tried everything yet.

Let's see how it plays out over the next few days, at least.

ShipCrusherCz and #CK like this.
  7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Well said, thanks for sharing your thoughts here!

I think Battle Bay won't attract more players with the new update, it has not become simpler. It has become harder and more unrealistic. I have never seen a ships turn that sharply and quickly. Okay it is a game, but it feels very unnatural to play like this. I will post some thought on how to attract more players in a different thread https://forum.battlebay.net/threads...devs-change-the-game.21981/page-3#post-174170

I was on my way up finally before the update after buying the mk5 Enforcer. This was finally the ship I was looking for and it did not let me down. But after the update it became impossible to adapt due to physical issues. Although I won a few battles, that had nothing to do with skill. I was all over te place and apparently had some luck with my torps. But I have taken a break for now from playing, because I get dizzy, am stuck in walls and also the turret sweeps to where no ships are, so I miss a lot of shots.

The Devs are working on a fix, so lets wait and see if I can start playing again soon. But I hope they take your thoughst to heart also.

Regards,
    Flint

8. Controls like a unicycle

Controls like a unicycle New Member

Adjustable controls = Fun Game auto pilot auto aim? band aids for mistakes.

9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Same. I started playing Battle Bay since 7th May 2017 might have missed a week in June(personal reasons) but since then never missed a single day. I had all sorts of runs in due course skipping leagues, gaining infamy, losing infamy, getting to the tanking zone, all sorts. I ranted about some past updates, I praised some updates but never really thought I would be somehow unhappy with the game.
    All matching, balancing everything aside, I know every game has issues and with time we can sort out those issues. The thing that kept me playing this game for over a year was its mechanics, style of gaming I just liked playing the game. It gave me happiness that I used to get when I played Contra, mario, bomberman etc. when I was a kid. No other game kept me attached this long.
    Shadowgun Legends was full of action 2 months, uninstalled. PUBG full of action 3 weeks uninstalled.
    Current update really really made me sad :(. It was my dream since the beginning to get to NML I worked so hard to hone my skills to finally get to that point(3929),suddenly the update drops and there goes my hardwork out of the window. I know there is no going back from the update now:(, so I stopped playing.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2018
  10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Please don't give up yet, the Devs are working on a solution. I would be sad to see you go also. I myself have stopped to, but I hope we get a good fix coming week(s) and I can begin again. I just started playing the mk5 Enforcer and never had so much fun as with this boat. But now it is unplayable for me. It is so sensitive, that I just cannot get the hang of it.

Don't uninstall yet!

Regards,
    Flint

Ultrah likes this.
  11. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

try adjusting your settings, it helped me a lot
    maximize size of control buttons and joysticks, get rid of auto-pilot button if you don't need it (set smallest size and move it in one of the top corners), decrease camera sensitivity (I set lowest but it might be too low for you)
    this wont fix the overkilled agility, yet it should make it kinda easier to control enfo
    my settings:
    Screenshot_20180910-230659.png Screenshot_20180910-230623.png Screenshot_20180910-230616.png
    I hope that this will help you:)

What's Up Player likes this.
  12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated!

But sadly I get dizzy every time even with the adjustments, it has to do with physical issues. I also had that with the agility event.

Kind regards,
    Flint

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Same here. I playing this game for 1 year year. As far as i can see there are a way lot fare-blast user in this game. I always loved variety in my life so i dont wanna be one of them. I just wanted to show other players that there are other strong and enjoyable weapons worth to play. When i received some epic carros from devs and RNGesus at the Christmas i was very very happy. Before too long i built another carro and a became one of the few close range speeder in battle bay. I had some problem with that setup in the beginning but i made enough practice to solve them. When i reached the nml i was just a mk5 and i had lot of rare items. Most of player in my country knows me with my out of type setup. I have to get close to attack but in closer ranges you dont have a chance to dodge shots, so you must do that cleverly. All of you knowing how fragile a speeder are. Because of that i generally play sneaky. When i noticed i must use enemies turret movings to secure myself. This is a neccessary for my setup. Devs just ruined my whole unique play style from the last update. I refused to play battle bay for that reason.

14. Controls like a unicycle

I feel exactly the same I wanted a fast fixer then I was going to develop an enfo now I have to use a Defender or shooter just so I can actually have control on a phone 5.7 inch screen stop trying to make a 5 v5 into a casual game it's asinine add in turret and agility slide adjust in the next update and I will resubscribe as of this update I cancelled it and have been playing less and less thinking about giving up on this game ... Almost to 15000 games played and they do this to me. It's like some one stole my car and painted it pink and orange then pulled off the tires and welded motorcycle tires on then told me it's better now.

15. Weedthrasher

Weedthrasher New Member

I agree. I'm done for now.
    I was a torpedo main and they are pointless now when even a defender can just go around.

Any idea when this supposed dev fix is going to be applied?

16. Controls like a unicycle

Looks like they are still fascinated by thier new baby the Gatlingun. Why not add a slider to let us only turn down our agility and turret? Because they think that would be admitting that they screwed up. What they are doing is removing personal choice I wish I could down grade my fixer to level 5 so I could drive it.

17. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

So many 2017 veterans

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm about done with this game. RNG progression is so against me it's laughable.. I still don't like the added Agilty, and this 4x4 CTF matchmaking is worst I've seen in 2 months. 2 MK levels and 2500 GS difference in my matches? I don't know WTF is going on at BB dev HQ, but nothing is actually getting better, it's getting worse.

I'm making a last ditch effort this week to stay in this game, but if major changes don't come soon, I'm moving on, and going to stop recommending BB to others.

What's Up Player likes this.
  19. Controls like a unicycle

Still no help to fixers just as well go to another ship or be a selfish Fixer.

20. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

Why that? I thought fixer is quite ok with the update. My infamy rose after the update, though as my gear leveled up as well, so I can’t say it’s thanks to the update. I agree, this agility update was not really necessary, but from fixer‘s point of view, it wass good.