1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Events System-Rewards-Mods

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Nicolas, 3 Sep 2018.

1. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Hello,

New events system:
    • Event Infamy: New factor which will improve matchmaking in events. Event infamy resets to zero after each event. In events, you will get +1 EI for a win, -1 EI for a loss, and 0 EI for a draw. This EI reflects your win/loss ratio in each event. It won't be visible to players, but it will be a major factor in matching formula in events. Players with similar EI should face each other. Example: If you're an op player and you won 8 out of 10 event matches then your EI will be at +6, so you will get matched with similar EI players. The more matches you play in the event the more fairness in matching. You might face a little trouble in first couple matches, then you will be at 4 EI difference between you (-2 EI) and your op enemies (+2 EI). Winners will face winners and losers will face losers. Gearscore will stay the major factor in events matching. In other words, it's an EI / GS matching system at the same time. You have a list of online players ordered by GS, then you pick the first 10 players with similar EI to face each other. You won't face the same enemies two times in a row. Why does It reset after each event? Some players might find some events easier than other ones, because of the rules/objectives... (Example: It's hard for a fixer to win a duel event while it's easy for him/her to win a 5v5 TDM event). The problem with current matching is that we might have a team of 4500+ infamy players against ace players since matching is only based on gear scores.
      Using event infamy, u will get matched with similar event infamy players:
      Nightmare players have more tendency to win against other players (80%+), so many nightmare players are capable of finishing three-four rounds per each event.
      The new system matches ppl who tend to win against each other instead of putting them in the same team.
      Players who use a low mk ship in events tend to win 80% of their matches too. After three-four battles these players will get matched against each other because they have similar GS and EI. "Weak" players will be fairly distributed on both teams based on EI too. Hence, both teams will have a 50:50 chances to win instead of 80:20
    • Battle Coins Storage Capacity: BC storage capacity should be added to events. Reason: To stop many players from saving coins. They should spend some coins in each event. Now, BC has unlimited storage capacity which is totally wrong. Everything in Battle Bay has a storage capacity like stars (75)/ Gold/ Sugar... It will be much better to have similar BC storage capacity which upgrades with capitain level. Storage Capacity = 50x capitain level
    • Tickets: Yes, tickets should be back to events. Tickets cooldown is 20 mins which is equivalent to 5 matches. (Up to 10 tickets). Reason: Stop the abuse of events/events-rewards. In this way, players won't finish more than one-two rounds in each event. In addition, players showed more tendency to buy tickets using pearls than to buy BC using money (which is so expensive). Tickets won't affect players who complete one round per event. Tickets are just to slow down event progress and to limit it to 1-2 rounds for op-high infamy players-sealclubbers... who are capable of completing more than 4 rounds per event. Tickets are just a way to give them a short break from events.

New events rewards:
    • Perks:
    • Random:
    1. Uncommon perk for 20 BC
    2. Random rarity for 45 BC
    3. Rare perk for 95 BC
    4. Epic perk for 210 BC
    • Specific:
    1. Uncommon perk for 60 BC
    2. Random rarity for 135 BC
    3. Rare perk for 285 BC
    4. Epic perk for 630 BC
    • Pieces: Random Piece for 65 BC
    84.95% Rare 14.95% Epic 0.1% Legendary​
    • Parts and PowerCells: Random parts or pieces for 65 BC
    Notes:
    No guaranteed perks/pieces at all.
    You still get a legendary perk after spending 900 BC
    Crates prices should differ from a league to another (-2.5% price for each league). Ex: Nightmare League has -30% prices on all crates. Reason: Check Link below.
    If it's easy to collect BC then it should be hard to get good rewards. If it's hard to collect BC then it should be easy to collect good rewards.
    View attachment 21431

New events mods:

• Domination: 5v5 game mod. Capture three different medium capturing zones in the map. Your team gets +15 points on each capture +1 point on each second while zone is captured. The team with more points in 5 mins or the team who captures all three zones at the same time wins. Respawn is in random respawn points in the map based on friendlies/enemies locations. Capturing takes 30 seconds no matter how many teammates are in capturing zone it won't break until the player is destroyed. Enemies can't stop your capturing if they entered capturing zone and if you die capturing percentage won't reset if there is another teammate in capturing area.

• One flag CTF: There is one flag in the middle of the map. The objective is to carry this flag back to your base. The flag will automatically go back to the middle of the map if captured. The first team to capture the flag three times wins or the team with more captures at 5mins wins.

• Free-for-all: 5 Players game mod. As it's clear every one is alone. You get coins based on your position/dmg/kills. In-Battle Commands is visible to everyone, so you can team-up during battle against other enemies. (Don't give him your back. Don't trust anyone)

• Kill confirmed: 5v5 TDM. You have to pick up a medal from your enemies' shipwrecks after destroying them. Medals will expire after 30 seconds. The team with more medals wins.

I will add more mods soon, and I will add some photos of how new events rewards will look like.

Thank you,
    • WarHawk •
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/league-rewards-event-rewards.21466/

Last edited: 4 Sep 2018
  2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

You've been unlucky with your timing of your post - coinciding with the release of more details of the new weapon.

Please can you explain to me the purpose of event infamy. What is the particular problem with current event matchmaking that this will solve?

Greencheek, Nicolas and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

• not everything has capacity, pearls, parts and power cells don't have max capacity
    • your suggested coin capacity would force lower level players to spend their coins while not being sure whether they can buy the perk or not, that's bad
    • ticket system is bad, you are missing many battles during sleep, work/school etc.
    • if my calculations are correct, event lasts for for three days, that's 72 hours, or if you want it in better form, it's 4320 minutes, if you had 0 tickets at start of event and got one ticket every 25 minutes, you could maximaly get 172 (it's actually 172.8 but only whole tickets can be used) tickets, if you had average of 5 coins per battle, you woud only get 172×5 coins, that's 860, so no two rounds per event, not even one, if coin capacity was added, lower level players would be forced to fill their storage and then wait for another event, noone could even get 860 coins without spending pearls because you would need to only play, no sleep, food etc.

Last edited: 4 Sep 2018
  4. Nicolas

Ok let's make it 15mins cooldown per ticket. btw you start any event with full tickets.
    Tickets won't affect "weak" players. They will only affect high infamy - op players - sealclubbers who are capable of finishing 3-4 rounds per event.

Many players will be disappointed with this new weapon.
    The problem with current matching is that we might have a team of 4500+ infamy players against ace players since matching is only based on gear scores.
    Using event infamy, u will get matched with similar event infamy players:
    Nightmare players have more tendency to win against other players (80%+), so many nightmare players are capable of finishing three-four rounds per each event.
    The new system matches ppl who tend to win against each other instead of putting them in the same team.
    Players who use a low mk ship in events tend to win 80% of their matches too. After three-four battles these players will get matched against each other because they have similar GS and EI. "Weak" players will be fairly distributed on both teams based on EI too. Hence, both teams will have a 50:50 chances to win instead of 80:20

5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

thanks for the info
    I think that they should remove tickets cap (but reset ticket counter after every event, maybe except for the tickets you bought)
    for example, I spend 8 hours in school, 8 or more hours by sleeping, let's say 1 hour by eating, 1-2 hours doing homework and learning, that's 18 or 19 hours hours without possibility of using tickets, during weekend I have no school but I still do homework and learn and I sleep 9 hours (or more if I don't feel good), that's 12 or 13 hours without ability to spend tickets during weekend, that translates into 43 or more tickets lost during school days and 28 or more tickets during weekend, per day
    just let people like me spend tickets which would otherwise got wasted, remove cap for tickets but keep tickets (maybe give us max ammount of tickets at start of the event and remove ticket cooldown, keep possibility to buy more tickets), just let people play events when they want, not when some stupid system (tickets) tells them to do so
    or don't limit number of battles at all, just let them get three or more legendary perks during one event, it's their choice

Last edited: 3 Sep 2018
    Reorge and Nicolas like this.
  6. Smilebird

Smilebird New Member

If this game mode would exist, there would be so many trolls (like four players vs one) that I would just quit this game mode! Sorry, but that is just a terrible idea!

SWAT0013 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  7. Nicolas

Then they will have to face each other. It's a survival game. Last man standing wins.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  8. Smilebird

Smilebird New Member

All you are doing is making the game harder and a event progress slower!

Greencheek likes this.
  9. Nicolas

So u need a larger tickets storage.
    hmmm Let's make it up to 10 tickets with 20 mins cooldown per ticket. This is just to slow down some players. It won't really affect you.

10. Nicolas

Yes this is the point of this thread. You have to pick one of these choices:
    • Fast progress with low rewards
    • Slow progress with op rewards

Smilebird and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  11. Smilebird

Smilebird New Member

Look, I would not like the tickets to be added in the events and here is why: Players that spend more time on playing Battle Bay should be rewarded with good prices too! If a player wants to play 20 battles in a row, then why should he/she not be able to do it? Also, tickets are the most annoying recourses or items in almost every game, that takes players away from the game! Sorry if I am too rude for anyone reading this post but I am a little upset about this idea!

12. Smilebird

Smilebird New Member

Alright, but don`t you feel like that we need to collect 900 coins for one legendary perk isn`t already too slow progress!

Greencheek and Nicolas like this.
  13. Nicolas

Tickets are just to slow down progress to limit event to one-two rounds for many op players.
    Why did i complain about previous events rewards? because it was too easy to collect op rewards. We should slow down progress to bring back good rewards to events.

Smilebird likes this.
  14. Nicolas

For u, it might look like that 900 coins per one perk is too slow progress, but many players specially in nml are capable of finishing 3-4 rounds per each event because of the weak opponents in events.
    This won't affect you. It will just slow down progress for op players to limit events to 1-2 rounds for them.

Smilebird likes this.
  15. Smilebird

Smilebird New Member

Are you sure that it is really a problem when those op players get ahead faster then the others would! I mean, a good game should reward players for how skilled and active they are at the game! Better players should get better rewards!

Greencheek likes this.
  16. Nicolas

No good players should be rewarded with better leagues rewards.
    in events, nml players - sealclubbers - players who use low mk ships tends to finish 3-4 rounds. How to reward top players without giving "cheaters" op rewards? Slow down event progress for all players and improve leagues rewards.

Smilebird likes this.
  17. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    Events rewards are very good for F2P players.previous ticket system,storage limit for BCs will do no good towards F2P.

Greencheek, Reorge and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  18. Smilebird

Smilebird New Member

At this point, I would say that legendary perks are not even that good! They are just a little better than epic perks, that in theory can be collected after two days away from first installing Battle Bay!
    But in other than that! Okay, I argee with you! But active players should be able to get more rewards!

Reorge and Nicolas like this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You started off with what I thought was a good idea: an Event progression system, but while I thought it culminated in some sort of winner and extra rewards, it actually turns out to be nothing more than a win rate governor. We already have that in the Infamy system.

And Absolutely NO to the ticket system.... that was an interesting experiment but it has too many drawbacks.

So I have to ask, why do you hate us so much to want to nerf everything in the Events?

20. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

So, I agree that Nightmare League needs to be made more interesting ..

I agree that the rewards should be improved as you reach the top 10, 25, 50, 100, etc ..

I agree that you shouldn't be able to 9-10 coin win every match in events with a 90%+ win rate .. but I wasn't aware players were doing that. If that's the case, there should obviously be some better balancing in events.

I felt like I no-lifed an event when I made it through a 2nd round, so I couldn't imagine 3-4 times.

I agree that giving players legendaries too early is messing up newer player progression, so scaled rewards or more expensive, then-discounted based on league/level boxes would help with that.

Nicolas likes this.