1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixers seem to get lower stars - why? :(

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Ovidmikel, 19 Jun 2018.

1. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

I Been trying to tell you guys the same thing but but Locked my Threads :(

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

without fixers in the unfriends you can’t get damage achievement pass 50k ;)

3. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Must be because most stars ( 1 or 2) revolve around damage, something that fixers are mostly incapable of putting out.

Might get better at MK6 when you have two weapons, but I don't know shit about fixers lol

5. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

The only way I get 2-3 stars is a) a win and b) rolling with Flare & Fire Bomb for that win.

6. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Didnt have to, I got it with my mk5 defender during event, its half cd vs 2 unfriend defenders

7. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

and yeah there is tdm now

8. Zotah

Zotah Member

How hard is it to add more % value to healing in Star calculation.... it is already right with the list order at the end of a battle (even if you say it is not) just adjust the stars with the order you are in the list.

9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Just as a tip to all Fixers... Your heals matter more if you heal teammates that contribute more. Basically, you get more stars if you heal somebody and then after you heal them, they contribute a lot of damage. Whatever they've done before you healed them doesn't matter. It only matters what they do after you heal them.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

The problem is that the guy who does more damage can be a camper who doesn't need to be cured because he doesn't care about his team, he only care about launching his fire bombs, snipers and railguns far from the battle.
    And also we can't know for sure who is going to do more damage, fixer is the boat that needs more luck to get stars. The same treatment would be appreciated.
    Untrue, when you made that thread rewards were way harder to achieve as a fixer, I remember that. There's room for improvement but devs did something to make it better.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

Just wondering about the source of this information - Is this from another private Dev chat or has someone confirmed this for all to see?

My understanding was that the mysterious star formula was super secret information.

12. Rainbow Warrior

Sometimes Miika drops information about a lot of things, here is one example of healing contribution

13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I don't disagree. I was just giving a tip for how the system currently works.

I got it from a private chat. I am not sure if this was posted on the forum, but this topic has been discussed so many times that it probably has been. The devs are very open to chatting outside of the forum (including in-game chat and private chats), but if you don't like getting information from them that hasn't been officially posted, I'll stop sharing it.

This is not really part of the "mysterious star formula".. It's just a clarification on how they view healing. I can't really disagree with them either. The logic is that as a healer, you didn't help that Shooter do 10k damage before you healed him. But after you healed him, he is now only alive because of you, so you gain from his damage. This is why healing at the end of a match is less important so you can't just exploit healing a bunch of people for no reason.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  14. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

No, I have no issue with you providing information - just think that it should be freely available for all if it's accurate.

I can see that argument about end game healing being "worth less" when the game is already decided. But it's a healers job to heal, it's what we do. If you had killed us earlier (as is attempted in 70-80% of matches), we wouldn't be around to "pad our stats".

Would you propose that we mitigate all damage on the last un-friend when it's 4-0? Or when the team is descending to destroy that floater at the end? The damage is effectively worth less as "the match is already decided"

Keeping that charging defender alive for those additional 5 seconds may have allowed you to get that the upper hand and get your 10k damage or whatever, irrespective of how much I've healed you personally.

If I've survived the "Fixer hunt", done enough healing to mitigate the other teams top shooter, landed my shots and herded the cats and kept everyone alive... give me my 3 damn stars!

15. Rainbow Warrior

Following that logic, the damage made before the enemy healer fixed his friend should not be considered since it played no role at real contribution. I agree it is tough to measure healing contribution but I think that Battle Bay is very accurate when measuring fixer's contribution and not that accurate measuring damage contribution.

Claudius Maximus likes this.
  16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Honestly, how do we know that the damage you described isn't counted as less? They might already be accounting for that.

I think their contribution calculations are pretty darn good. They are receptive to bumping the weight of healing, which would be fine with me. I have no problem rewarding our turtle friends for doing a selfless job.

17. Rainbow Warrior

We know it counts more than the healing before damage because of the results every non selfish fixer has. If they had the same value, we wouldn't have healing records with 1 or 2 stars.

18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

There's a lot that they want the player-base to figure out for themselves... which I like. I know that a lot of gamers don't like everything spoon fed to them because cracking the puzzle is part of the fun. I would also be shocked if that information hasn't been posted publicly somewhere. There's just been so many messages and posts that stuff like that gets lost.

I don't disagree with you. I understand the logic of both sides and would be fine with either, as long as it is not exploitable. We've had lots of conversations about that exact topic. Your exact point was hammered home hard by @Spinners71. Almost word for word. He made some interesting points, the best of which making all healing just a flat contribution. No bonus to healing based on who you heal. While this sounds great, it is more exploitable.

Again, I've said that the devs are receptive to altering the healing contribution.... they just haven't received a better solution yet. I think simply bumping the contribution for healing players that do damage before you heal them rather than after would be a good start.

19. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I'm confused by what this means. Can you explain?

20. Rainbow Warrior

LOL, sorry, my english is really poor.
    We can see that any kind of damage counts more than some kinds of healing because spamming damage can give 3 stars even when the enemy fixer heals all of your damage (getting only 1 star).
    Every fixer I know can provide several examples of it.

Help I Cant Swim likes this.