1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v.3.0 - “Eventful times”

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 23 May 2018.

1. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    1000 infamy loss seems a bit much for one item being nerfed. Anyway, this thread is about the update xD

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Nah! I'm playing as bad as always, sometimes I'm close to nightmare, sometimes I'm close to Ace II :eek:. I certainly had to adapt to the new cooldowns of my setup (explosive and tesla), but right now they're dangerous items when I don't make one of my stupid mistakes. :D

3. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

Hello @The Grim Repair ! events mode are definitely wonderful, only problem is the "waking" from that dream in the nonsense of regular infamy battle :( mk2-4-5-6 all togheter is a bit too much for me...the gearscore matchup is totally better, as i farsighted.
    What about all others "adjustments" suggested?
    And...i would ask to sychronize the deadline of weekly events and also guild challenges to the standard week. So everythig begins on Monday and ends on Sunday...is hard to schedule playing this way...oh, for same reason @The Grim Repair, please make events ticket refill of 20 minutes and allow a stock of 10, full to play every hour and half is quite breathtaking...
    Screenshot_20180530-164017.jpg

Duaner02 likes this.
  4. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

• Stock of ten is definitely better.
    • Show deaths on end battle stats screen.
    • Show more stats!
    • Kills should be worth more, deaths should have a higher penalty in star ranking.
    • Stars should be based off of more than damage and damage proportion.
    • Whole star system needs be more transparent
    • Add legendary perks to bonus raffle
    I found the greatest star rewards in DM when I stopped caring about actually wining the games but just charging in and doing more damage than my teammates faster. Star reward system needs to be explained. I got too man zero/one star wins by playing support like roles. Right now it feels like damage is the only thing that matters. I stopped playing any boat but shooter for the last DM.

Where is the value in the utility items?
    We need something like " time locked on/ targeted by enemy", "time freeze/stun enemy". The yellow and blue items provide more team benefit than just enabling you to do more damage.
    Also communication bonus to the star: "communicate with team to target enemy w/ less than 50% health" max use 3 times.

5. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

New 3vs3 event with 50 percent weapons cool down. Sounds fun.

@The Grim Repair

Last edited: 30 May 2018
  6. guykakin

guykakin Member

Well depends on how u define power... gear score, infamy, captain level, work/time , I^2/R? :)

7. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    sweet , like it

8. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

@Zeus @Miika @Pinecone @The Grim Repair, I have projected a issue/bug earlier also but there was no reply for it in-spite of me mentioning you all , I have seen one more bug/issue which was said to be fixed or balanced but, I guess it hasn't been done and that is the trophy points of Protector quest in which fixer do the quests and a high amount of trophy points is given to them in respect to damage dealer, it was said that there will some balancing it but I haven't found as such thing, also my last query was also genuine and its still happening at least to me. I am posting this as you said to tell you guys the problem or bugs still not sorted or emerged as new. If you there won't be any heed to it then how can be the discussion constructive and we can help.I have Nothing against any body.

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Please stay on topic here :)
    Can you PM me a note with the other issue you are having which needs attention please.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

Not to offend anybody, but I guess I was with the topic i.e. Update 3.0 , as the issue I am reporting is mentioned in this update only, but people are more concerned and all the talk is related to the Special events only or the perks we gonna get from them leaving other things in updates almost a side. I mentioned the issue as it has come after the update ( didn't mentioned the "nice shot" message after torpedo hit friend as it was already said ), also as said earlier just trying to make you guys informed, no negativity from my side

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Better to drop bugs on the official thread:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/update-bugs.19496/page-5#post-144804
    Than hoping devs will see this one instead.

Harsh Gupta Hulk likes this.
  12. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

It's working fine - double checked everything :)

Harsh Gupta Hulk and R4Z0R like this.
  13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Is it? It definitely still gives an unreasonably high amount of trophies. If the required repair amount were doubled, it would make a lot more sense.

14. Brizo

Brizo Active Member

The spawn area should be protected with a damage causing shield or field in TDM mode. Not fair to spawn in napalm or mines.

#CK likes this.
  15. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

invuln and speed boost shld be enough to leggit outa there...o_O

16. Master Ry

Master Ry New Member

I just noticed that since this update i'm mostly having 1400 to 1700+ ping. I don't if it is our wifi but i can watch videos on youtube without buffering but when i return to game my ping is pretty high.

17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Power based matchmaking does a fine job of showcasing just how much better infamy based is. I think we got the point now, so can we please go back to serious matchmaking for the events?

Its silly (atleast to me) that playing a low mk ship with a few high powered weapons is by far the most efficient way forward.
    —-
    Half CD isnt my cup of tea, but I can see why others would like it though. Yolo spamfest supreme

Miathan and Medullaoblongata like this.
  18. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Events without pure infamy based MM are also so you can try out whatever fits and ships you want and not “worry”

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Great theory. In practice thats not really whats happening though. The high amount of Nightmare players in mk4 boats arent ‘trying out things’, we are gaming the system to try and make the grind shorter.

I can play my normal boat and have a 50% winrate, or I can (ab?)use the system & have 7kill games. When the gameplay is as unfun as the current event (its the least fun BB day I have had in ages) and the grind is long, then I can assure you that whichever is easiest is where people are.

Looking forward to seeing what other ideas for events you guys have come up with though, happy to see crazy ideas such as half cd in action and hope other ideas turn out to be less unfun to play :) 3vs3 (without silly rules), 2vs2 (with fleeting enabled), 10vs10, etc!

20. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

I am in love with 3 v 3 team death match. Fast reloading and few teamates which work together then 5 people is great. It's gonna be one of the best event.