1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

How to play? This game is not for beginners?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Wobee Doo, 28 May 2018.

1. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Honestly if your Fixer hadn't been a floater (you did report them, right?) that likely would have been a win for your side. Even in the end it was 9-7 and they did a fantastic reverse-clutch to get three kills - the lead Speeder there basically went full YOLO and charged in hoping to get the kills.

TDM matchmaking is based on gear, not infamy. If he'd brought that Tier V Epic stuff into TDM, even in a Mk2 Speeder, he'd be facing off against other people with a similar loadout.

EyesTv and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  2. Wobee Doo

Wobee Doo Member

The screenshot of this fight is just an example of balance. With equal gear, but with so different levels of captains. It is very difficult to defeat the one whose grenades look like yours, but they beat several times stronger. It is difficult to fight with someone whose ship looks like yours, but has much more strength, speed and maneuverability. Difficult, but possible.

3. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

He still didn't do that much more than your teammate, right? I don't think it is a perfect system but until the devs find out a better way to create your matches, it'd be better to farm your boat on Team Deathmatch before you start the ranked battles

EyesTv and PastelPiku like this.
  4. Wobee Doo

Wobee Doo Member

Yes! But when the new TDM begins?

Last edited: 28 May 2018
  5. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Thursday, I guess. Sorry I thought we were still able to play but without earning the prizes

EyesTv and BattleRascal like this.
  6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    yup, definitely. Even if they're stronger than you, they aren't 1-2 shot killing you at least.

7. N.deep

N.deep New Member

Is the abundance of mk5 and 4s at 800 infamy due to the cap at nightmare leagues? I started back at global launch and stopped for a year. Started another account after I found that u would be in infamy tanking hell for a while.

EyesTv and PastelPiku like this.
  8. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

Should be better now that the event is over. Well. Hope.

EyesTv likes this.
  9. :Beardman:

2 different players. Look at the guild name and the flag.

10. :Beardman:

Oops. I was looking at different names..... I’m wrong.

11. TRFrostSaker

TRFrostSaker Member

Programmer
    Based on the "Gross misconduct and exploitation" section, 3rd point
    "
    • Intentional exploitation of in game bugs and mechanics
    "

Isn't using a low level ship with high level weapons in the TDM event to get more stars a "exploitation of in game mechanics"?

During this event I face a lot of MK5 from Nightmare using lvl 50 weapons (probably with max level crew) and it was super unfair for everyone else, every game they did the most damage and carry the enemy team and I saw this going on from mk2 to mk5. I didn't had to much time to play during the event because I had work to do, and in the last 2 hours I was trying to get my epic reward (at least) and I was missing like 20 stars, those like 12 game where so frustrating, I played like 70% of the games against a team with a Nightmare with them that carry they game. At the end I had to spend like 600 pearls (that I had from the raffle) to get my 20 stars. I can't imagine how this feels been an MK2 or MK1 facing people like that or like the case of the Woobee Doo been a new player facing MK5s. I really think Devs should look more into this, in my opinion it's ruining the experience for a lot of players.

EyesTv likes this.
  12. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

The matchmaking algorithm in TDM works based on the player's overall power (gear score, ship Mk, captain talents) and not their infamy, so it should generate matches that are more decided by skill, not item loadout.

So in short, "under-shipping" shouldn't be an issue in TDM.

13. TRFrostSaker

TRFrostSaker Member

Programmer
    If this is true then why we see players level 50, with more gear score playing with players level 30-40 with lower gear score? And, if using a low level ship with max level weapons and crew to play against lower level players and have an unfair advantage to get more stars and items isn't exploiting game mechanics, then what is consider "exploiting game mechanics"?

The case @Wobee Doo show was a level 46 player playing with lvl 10-20 players.

14. ErnestEgret

ErnestEgret Active Member

THIS!! this should be a thing. Rather than just "stopping" the event, stop the extra rewards bit allow us to keep playing the game mode. I have NO interest in playing ranked match anymore.. not until they can fix the issues there like infamy tankers...I guess I stop playing til the next event, unless it's a flop. And then I'll wait for the next one after that. But I really think the Devs should have capitalised on the momentum they created and kept the event open with no rewards or brought the new one out straight after... Not be focused on this eSports thing that only a select few can participate in

Big Mountain, StillOP, EyesTv and 2 others like this.
  15. Viacheslav

Viacheslav New Member

and he put the green things on the ship, chose mk1 and now he already gets with those players who have captains at the maximum level 10. beauty! ????) just a wonderful balance, newcomers and so it is difficult to achieve something, and you still made the game almost impossible. the power of equipment and pumping captains of people sitting in a nightmare is not equal to the power of equipment and pumping captains of people sitting on the first levels. and yes, the developers praise and honor) balance - just ridiculous))))))

16. Viacheslav

Viacheslav New Member

and the level of bad news here as you said is not taken into account at all. but I repeat again, the man with MK 1-2 and the level of captains 10 is not at all equivalent to a man who has a captain's level almost at the maximum! compare the normal Canon to the captain's level of 10 and when almost all the captains are at the maximum!) and you will see the difference can be

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Having your loadout full of Mines and Grenades doesn't help you. You have the right ship for it, but that's definitely a do or die loadout, so don't be surprised if many of your battles you get super low damage and feel useless. You might want to think about using other weapons. You'll also need lots of shielding to advance... good luck getting those with RNG (Small Shield, Bandage, Tesla Shield)

18. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    90% of my guild and my global hate the second event. It was horrible impossible to win, it was nice to do all the time the best damage or kill but you will never win.
    Personally I spent my day at the same time that I did not go beyond the rare trunk and moreover I did not even advance in the quests of the ducoup. There is really a problem of matchmaking, change it for the next event slvp.

19. Viacheslav

Viacheslav New Member

it's really funny !!!!! The dude of the nightmare sits on a small ship but with a killer cannon! you developers consider this a fair and honest game, as you sent in the message that 200 people were banned and think that the game is fair ????? it's just stupidity! to ban all of pearls, and that substituting the words fair play but at the same time do not see the obvious, that people cheat with gun ships. and now the question to Zeus or the mikke !? do you really think that you did it right when you did not give a warning or a chance to return to people? but those who deceive (having a level of 50, against those who have 30-40) in the game you do nothing, honest and fair)))))) ha ha ha.

20. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

nice copy and paste...
    Please dont spam this all over the forum, it just adds clutter and makes it hard to find people making new contributions.

Nam_Nam and StrictSalmon307 like this.